New location, New strand!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopefullybud

Reaction score
Hi, well ill be moving into my 3rd grow and while I feel I'm getting better at it I'm looking for strand suggestions.. ill be moving into my new home and finally into a city with better suited laws for legal care giving.. anyways I'm looking to get into a more efficient grow setup.. (as I feel its time to move past 5 gallon buckets and ALOT of rearranging late in flowering lol) s.o.g to be specific. annnnyways what would be a good strand to make this easier to accomplish? im looking for something resilient and well suited for the close quarters I'm expecting from what ive read / seen of sea of green growing. anyone have notable success with a particular strand? thanks in advance!

P.S. Its been a long time since I've checked in on the forums but once i get my camera and other things out of storage ill upload pics of my first grow cause it was beyond my expectations due to all the advice from the M.P regulars =)

Welcome back and congratulations on your successful harvests.

What are looking to get from your bud? Do you need something for pain, to help you sleep, to get you up and going, to combat depression, etc, etc? Different strains will have different effects. C99s tend to be an up energetic high that is racy enough it makes some paranoid. Most sativa dominant are larger plants with a more up high. Indicas stay smaller with more of a couch-lock high. And then the hybrids are everywhere in between.

How large is your space going to be? There may be a lot better methods than sog for your space--lst scrog, fimming, etc. Taking care of a large number of small plants can be a lot more labor intensive than caring for several larger plants. I am not sure that going from 5 gal buckets to sog will be more efficient. I am also not sure why you had to do a lot of moving around with your buckets, there is probably a solution for that. Most of us that use 5 gal buckets do not have to do alot of moving in late flower. I have a great big willowy girl right now that is trellissed up in the flowering room and she is not moving anywhere until she is done.

I agree with The Goddess. You really need to look at what you want to accomplish and then look at your grow room and then go from there. There are soooo many strains to choose from that you can accomodate almost anything. :)

Thanks for the welcome!! it feels like its been forever haha appreciate the response I like to think I have a good idea of what im looking for but when you lay it out like that I know im pretty indecisive. You know now that you mention it goddess low stress training has been on my mind since the first few days I care and read the sticky on it!!! (p.s. goddess a big round of applause on of many helpful people around here =D ) hmmm never tried / heard of c99 cross its gonna have to get looked into today marks day one of the build! in the past 10 days been putting in alot of extra hours to make it happen here is the plan! I want to get 2 10' x 4 ' tents and do 2 PREF. similar strands in feeding although in all honesty I will prob end up going with what i like as opposed to whats more resonable.. I figure 40 sq. feet is ideal for the lights im looking into "the galaxy master blaster" at 1500 watts and claiming 206,000 lumens that would put me at right above 5k lumens.. I do agree on the rotation thg I really believe its from my reflective material on the last grow, or lack their of... it wasnt bad but below par in my mind. I guess sog interested me because the look of organization.. although im still kicking it around as I like to get in and see my girls grow. I guess what im thinkin as of this very moment... I want to LST some trainwreck.. but second tent would be undecided still... im gonna look into c99.. anymore suggestions on strands? Im up for a challenging one... mostly im looking for something very exotic looking!! p.p.s!!! Co2 tips anyone!! Assume ive never used it

On second thought something with a nice energetic buzz would be nice.. work bud!! hah. I have really been dieing to grow a unique looking strand though.

hopefullybud said:
I want to get 2 10' x 4 ' tents and do 2 PREF. similar strands in feeding although in all honesty I will prob end up going with what i like as opposed to whats more resonable.. I figure 40 sq. feet is ideal for the lights im looking into "the galaxy master blaster" at 1500 watts and claiming 206,000 lumens that would put me at right above 5k lumens..

the problem i see is while it may have the proper lumens, can you find a reflector that would spread those lumens properly over the space (10x4) thats pretty long.

thats kinda as far as I made it thought wise, I was checkin out a friends setup the other day and he had an actual reflector on a track.. was gonna try to steal is idea just trying to figure out what he used cause thats alot of weight for any track ive ever seen.. gotta ask.

I do not like light movers and really question whether they help or hinder a grow. I have tried them and discarded them--I have 2 I don't use. Rather than the light you are looking at, I would go with 2 1000W or 3 600W lights and keep them stationary. That will give you much much better light coverage. I have a 1000W in a 3 x 6.5' space and am not happy with the light coverage at the ends of the room.

Also, what are your plans for keeping this cool? Are you going to set up some kind of vegging/cloning/seedling space?

I like both C99 and Satori for an up go do something high. You are only on your 3rd grow and going with a new growing method. I would get a good, easy to grow high yield strain with the qualities you want in your high. No reason to get "exotic" and take a chance with picky hard to grow strains. When you get these rooms dialed in, you might want to add an exotic strain to your grow along with your tried and true genetics.

Latest posts

Back