Frost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lemon_breed08

Reaction score
I grow outside ever year except i used to just get plants bye my brother giving some to me that he dident feel like taking care of and this year im growing on my own and i noticed that it frosted last night and i went out to check my babies and none of them were dead i was amazed i thought that the frost was saposed to kill them can anyone explain why?

Spring frosts are very dangerous for small plants but larger ones will take some frost. In the fall it is very different. In my opinion frosty nights followed by warm sunny days make big buds. In the fall plants will tolerate cool nights, wet and cool weather is the big danger and can cause the dreaded bud rot.

I think if the plants have a little age on them and its not a bad frost, they pull through just fine. I've had it happen on some of my outdoor babies with no ill effects. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

thanks guys my plants are about 3 weeks old and when it frosted i thought they would for shure be gone!

Latest posts

Back