weeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunsmoke

class of 78"
Reaction score
This probably belongs in a different section but the guerrilla growers are who this post is mainly but not only for. Especially everyone living in the migration route of the monarch butterfly.
Due to the farmers being forced to use roundup herbicide milkweed ( the main feeding / polinating plant) has almost been eradicated in the migration route due to overspray. There are other plants endangered that they lay eggs in.
For just a couple dollars Midwest growers and others can buy milkweed. Butterflyweed. Etc. Seeds and plant some simply while you are out in the spring.
Even if just some of you do this it would help. It may have to be repeated to help get these re established. I think the farmers have received a lot of flak on this and are being a Little more careful Except the airial spraying.
You can buy these seeds from a lot of sources but if you need I get seed catalogs.
A real good one is prairie nursery and one with cheaper seeds less choices is seed savers exchange it also has vegies. Both catalogs are mailed free order them on the internet.
There are many types of milkweed some fore dry some for wet so get the right kinds.
Everyone should read how this particular company that starts with the letter M has doene unspeakable damage to the wildlife and even to the smaller farmers- well don't get me started.
Every little bit he(lps. Even 1 pack of milkweed seeds.
I will say thank you in advance from the butterflies bees and hummingbirds.
Oh by the way some estimates monarchs down by 80%!

bump

worthwhile info.. that takes very little effort.

they don't care, so we have to. same goes for almost all life on this planet.

And don't forget about a few flowers for the bees, their numbers are dramatically decreasing, and we need them as well. :) Btw I love butterfly weed, it grows all around our pool, it's pretty and so are butterflies.

Good lookin out for our planet ;)

When I told my mom about this years ago, she lived on a little country lane that had milk weed growing along both sides. She went out and put tomato cages on them so they wouldn't be disturbed.... With ribbons... Thanks for that good memory... And screw monsanto!~

Latest posts

Back