Not worried yet, just wondering whats up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
My grow journal is in my sig below, it has better background info than what I can provide here.

These plants were transplanted into their current 3 gallon pots about 12 days ago. The soil is 30% super soil, then 30% of super soil/FFOF mix, then topped with 30% FFOF. They have been watered about once in those 12 days, they were very small when they were transplanted. I am watering with water that has been sitting in a 5 gallon bucket with an air stone for at least 2 days and then mixed with blackstrap molasses at 1 tsp per gallon. They are under a 1000w mh running at 75% and its about 3ft away from them. They have lots of ventilation and circulation. Temps stay around 70-75F and humidity is like 40-60%.

The issues you see below are happening on a couple different plants and in varying severity. I am hoping this is just transplant shock or getting used to the hot soil or something. Some of the plants have these issues, but the leaves below the new growth and green and shiny and happy looking.

On a side note, they have been under this light for over 10 days now, can/should I crank it up to 100% power now?

View attachment 231673
View attachment 231674
View attachment 231675

thanks all and feel free to respond in my GJ instead of here. Wasn't getting much visibility there, so I posted this.

Show us a pic of the new growth please. I don't see anything here to worry about.

I wish mine looked that good. I don't see any issues.

Show us a pic of the new growth please. I don't see anything here to worry about.

Ok, very glad to hear it! Is that not a pic of new growth? I took those last night or the night before...

I will take a couple more tonight for confirmation.

What do you guys think about cranking the ballast up to 100%?

Thank you Rose and dog.

Last edited:
Are you talking about the slight variation in coloring on the older leaves?

Are you talking about the slight variation in coloring on the older leaves?

I was/am more worried about the fan leaves right below the new growth(in the first attachment). They have a crinkly/bumpy texture near the base and those areas are more yellow. But yes, I was also referring to the variation in coloring. When I look closely at it, it looks how I would imagine it would look if you could scrape off the very top layer of the leaf... if that makes sense

I will take better pictures of the two issues I am talking about in a couple hours and post them.

I see it, just keep a check on it.

ok, sorry, took way longer than expected. More importantly, when I went to water tonight and take some better pics, I actually had difficulty finding the afflicted plants... anyways, there's no discernible pattern at this point, so i'm just gonna take a :chillpill: and go back to watching...

Latest posts

Back