does diy bubble cloner need Dome

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leelow

Reaction score
well the title says it all, i just built a really ripping bubble cloner, my question is should i dome the clones or should the be allowed fresh air from the topside?

I just built one too (pic in journal) and after about 48 hours only 1 of 6 wilted on me, I just put a bowl over (dark) her for about an hour and she came right back. I have misted them a couple of times, but not religiously, I was gone all day yesterday. Temps are 75 - 80 and RH 45 - 50

I also build one over 3 months ago and never had any problems with the clones. you just have to keep an eye on the water level. out of the 3 months i think i've only lost 3-5 clones, from the water level being too low. i suppose a dome wouldnt hurt but i dont know if it will make a big difference.

Where is that DYI bubble cloner... I saw it awhile back but haven't been able to find it since... Does anyone know where I can find that link..

thanks.. :ccc:

it in the main page of the DIY section

Thanks yogi, you would have thought I was blind.. Looked their but didn't see it the first time..

I built the cloner and for the most part it seems to be working.

One question I have is regarding the Ph... Where should the Ph be 6.5???

Mr. Bud said:
Thanks yogi, you would have thought I was blind.. Looked their but didn't see it the first time..

I built the cloner and for the most part it seems to be working.

One question I have is regarding the Ph... Where should the Ph be 6.5???

Sorry...almost edited your post on accident. In a bubble cloner shoot for 5.8.

I want to through this out for comments... I started my first batch of clones and it was a little hit and miss.. I was trying to use the heat from the room to heat the water... Doesn't work.. I have my water at 79-80, flouro grow light in a 4 foot shop light set up. Cuttings didn't seem like they were doing all that great, actually lost a couple of them. I replaced the ones that died with new cuttings. They just didn't take off like I thought they should be. I started to wonder if the light was reaching the lower part of the stems resulting in slow rooting.. I took some foil and cut a slit about half way to the center. I worked that around the base of the clone. This did two things for me. One, I could adjust the depth of the clone easier and two, it blacked out the lower part of the clone.. Three days later I had about one and a half to two inches of solid roots.. It seamed like using the foil to black out the roots had a huge effect on the growth of the roots.. I then hit them with a small amount of Peters 20 20 and off they went.. Just thought I would toss that into the think tank..
E.M. thanks for the hit on the pH... I was a bit high, upper 6's... Dropped it to mid to upper 5's....

I have been using the homemade baubble cloner for quite some time now,and have experimented with it plenty. I have used Ph 5 all the way to 7.6. Hard water, and R/O. Stems in the water,and out. Dome , no dome.

From my experience water PH does not seem to make a real huge difference. Strain difference seems to be the biggest single difference. For instance AK47 roots much faster than Blueberry. A dome is not necessary, a little spritz the first day or too, should do the trick. They will quite likely look wilted after their first 6 hours or so in the bubbler. Check back in 24, they should look great. Also you do not need any cloning gel, or any other rooting agent. Just be patient.

Latest posts

Back