Never noticed this before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
On my last 2 grows, the plants (Pineapple Chunk and Strawberry sour diesel) have shown considerable trichome growth on all of the fan leaves that are in light, no sugar leaves on them yet as they haven't gone into flower. They are showing up on plants under full veg light and continue throughout flower (growing on all of the fan leaves that have light shine on them). The trichomes are tiny in comparison to the ones on the bud leaves but still identical in shape (both capitate and noncapitate). Anyone ever see this before?

These leaves come from both the plants in flower currently and ones in veg.

View attachment IMG_20180125_225030191_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20180125_225048044_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20180128_174103491_HDR.jpg

View attachment IMG_20180129_163455791_HDR.jpg

Maybe the plant is so happy it just wants to spread the protective trichomes around :). Not sure what the pics show are trichomes, rather pores that are open, or something...

I did a thread on this a few years ago when I noticed the same thing on some of my baby plants. Bunch of links in the fist post about it.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70799

I am reading now that certain terps and noids may grow on specific parts of the plants and at different times of the plants growth.

If I had to guess, I would say it's probably one of the 2 or 3 most common canna terps. Limonene or the other real popular one.

Rub a bunch of them off on your finger and see if the have a predominant smell.

Maybe the plant is so happy it just wants to spread the protective trichomes around :). Not sure what the pics show are trichomes, rather pores that are open, or something...

The stoma are on the underside of the leaves

It looks more like spider mite damage from the photos

Say it ain't so! And I think he's hydro too, unlikely. Those aren't eggs, they lay eggs underneath the leaf. I'm trying HP, I'm trying. You don't bring in clones, do you? And didn't you just re-build the room?
I've seen this before. I once had a wee bud growing on a big fan leaf.

But I think I saw one of the bastards once too when I was checking sex. That plant went right in to the freezer. Man, I've had every problem except that one.

Its none of the above. I have had them on the last 2 grows(that I noticed), Blackberry Dream, LSD, SSD, and PC. They are very hard to see in the pics as they have to be at least half as big or smaller than flowering trichs, but with the loupe I can see them quite plainly. The ones on the green leaves are clear to a little milky and the ones on the yellow leaves have many amber. I don't know if there is any "active ingredients" in them but the seem to wither away as the leaves yellow off. It may be that is the plants' early defense system that gets reabsorbed and recycled to the sugar leaves during flower. Just speculating though.

A long time ago I grew a plant and saved all of the yellowing leaves as I thought you smoked them like tobacco :eek: But I cured them for weeks (forgot about them). But then smoked what were very reddish, leathery leaves that blasted me into orbit :D And those were off a young plant that hadn't even sexed yet when my mom found and destroyed it. :(

Yeah Sopapy, I rebuilt it a year ago after losing the first to fire. I don't get clones from anywhere, I buy seeds and then clone myself. I have had several leaf chewing vermin but thankfully never spidermites.

a friend had the same thing about 6 months ago. i did not know what to tell him. i might ask on HEAVY T's grow show. call at 8:45 pm est.. on Wednesdays. FEEL SURE THEY WOULD KNOW AND GET FREE GIFTS SENT TO YOUR LOCAL GROW STORE, under your name(pup). it's a good question. have a back up question. they like to chat. www.dfzradio.com .. watch and listen live. i have called there several times and have not been disappointed yet. easy to get thru at 8;45pm est. (15 minutes before show starts.) any later lines r busy. 6-10pm, pst. goodluck

Latest posts

Back