Getting Chilly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBong

Reaction score
Night temps here in Maine have already dropped into the 40's. Some outdoor growers around my parts say the girls love it, produce more trichs etc. But I've also been told plants shut down at 60 or colder. I do have the ability to bring them in at night if needed. Thoughts?

If you can bring them in I would at 40 degrees.

Well not 40 degrees just yet, into the 40's. I've seen 46-47 for just a couple hours in the early mornings. Still 70+ during the day.

That is pretty cold. It is in the late 50's here and I am getting worried. Mine are not portable though.

I recall reading that pot stops growing about 55F. If I remember right, the cold interferes with the phosphorus intake and they basically, stop eating (and, therefore stop growing).

However, I'm pretty sure I also remember reading that the trics will remain plump and continue to mature until frost.

I also would bring them in. Hackerman is correct that plants stop growing under 60-55F and I believe that includes the trich development. The trichs maturing is part of the growing process. I also believe that it is a good idea to bring them in at night when the temps get down there IF you can keep them in continual dark like they have at night. Disrupting their light dark now will not be good. How much longer do you figure you have to go?

hey guys im from west virginia and yea the cold does make ur buds stop growing for about 3-4 days after that they will keep growing i have had 1 plant make it threw a frost and still produce a nice yield u kinda just have to hope and pray weather gets nice again to pick ur girls back up.but yea they get stunted and shocked but they also shoot alot more trics when agitated

I would not worry about them. Those low temps mainly occur right before sunrise and only for a short time.

Going from the 40's to the mid 70's really get the girls juices flowing.

I left the bottom half of one in the greenhouse. It froze solid at least 5 times in November at night. as soon as it thawed out, it started to grow again. I pulled it in December and it was still alive. So were the ladybugs. Now it was protected from the frost, but the buds were crispy froze. they can take a lot of cold and survive. so do the ladybugs.

leave them they can handle it and love it but anything below 40 id bring them in if possible

I also would bring them in. Hackerman is correct that plants stop growing under 60-55F and I believe that includes the trich development. The trichs maturing is part of the growing process. I also believe that it is a good idea to bring them in at night when the temps get down there IF you can keep them in continual dark like they have at night. Disrupting their light dark now will not be good. How much longer do you figure you have to go?

A solid 2 weeks on 3 plants, prob 3-4 weeks on my other 2. Last post in this thread was about 6 days ago.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68757

It is 40 in my back yard this morning. Good and helpful to read what you posted Duck. Thanks, makes my nerves a little less.

A solid 2 weeks on 3 plants, prob 3-4 weeks on my other 2. Last post in this thread was about 6 days ago.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68757

Boy 4 weeks is a bit to go. I can say that I know that when my indoor plants get below 60, it affects my plants in negative ways. Is it possible to get a small plastic greenhouse? I got one about 5 x 5 from Big Lots last year for $50. You could put a small heater in at night and also cover it at night to help keep the heat in. The last few weeks they can really put the weight on, so we want to keep them as healthy and happy as we can.

Latest posts

Back