Multi harvesting??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

astra007

did ya know a little known fact, that ak-47 can be multi-harvested? i have a friend in the usa that grows in 30 gal. containers under 1 - 1000w HPS per plant. he lets the plant fully mature and does a grow diary on each. the trait comes from FLO which was created by the master genetist; D. J. SHORTS. only he knows the technique for flo but we now know thru outside grows and now an inside 1 that multi-harvesting is a genetic trait for some strains. M/H means that before the plant dies it produces more bud as the older mature bud is removed.
still awaiting word from serious on this; i think they are awaiting us "to go away", as now their white russian is being tested and showing the same tendancy. blue velvet outdoor by d.j. and D/P shows it too.

I've heard of several growers harvesting top. mature buds, then letting them go another 2-3 weeks. The lower less mature buds then have the oppurtunity to recieve the full benefits of the root system, light, ect. I'm sure they grow as they mature, makeing for a second harvest.
But I wouldn;t exactly call that "multi-harvesting".

:confused: How did this stem from the cloneability of autoflowering (LR) strains/crosses??..

M/H means that new buds appear as long as the plant is alive, sometimes growing where the picked bud was. tom stripped all the bud from the top down and had more appearing at the top. i had given him a "heads up" on this after i found an outside grow that had been stripped and noticed new bud forming. as long as all the leaves are intact and ya got light, ferts, ect... ak-47 keeps on supplying just like FLO.

now tom is attempting to re-veg one.

start a new thread if ya want. i was ripped the other night and so......................

i replied to a post i believe it was yieldage not sure but 2 of my ww i stripped the top buds off and recieved i believe around 8 in a half oz at 7 weeks i then left the little middle and bottom buds that are a pain in the a-- to trim when there the size of a dime . well i left them there till the end of the 10th week and they were the size of a quarter and that little shoebox deal i filled up ended up being 2 in a half more oz dryed .but not cured yet .i guess my point being is that ussually out of a whole plant of ww i ussually only recieve about 2 in a half to 3 oz per plant.but i have 4 more plants into flowering right now that im pretty sure 2 of them are in 30 to 40 gallon containers verses 2 seven gallon buckets that previous plants were in so i may do a little exsperimenting myself .

start a new thread if ya want. i was ripped the other night and so......................
...heee hee ..funny how we can so easily stray from the subject at hand, by a thought provoking post, ehh?
Think I will split this thread to make it easier to continue discussion on both topics.

Most ak/ak X's that I've attempted to reveg, did so well enough to take cuts and procreate the plants/pheno, but never actually reverted fully, IMHO. They seemed to always have the pistils at nodes and the 3 fingered leaves associated with flowering.
Sounds like Tom has an interesting project underway.

Latest posts

Back