Sample a bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
Wut up MP I'm about a wk away from harvest.And while watering earlier a small branch with some buds snapped and fell off. Just wondering if anyone knew a quick dry method for sampling the bud.

Yup real quick way be yur friendly microwave ifin yual have one. Put budd on paper towel and mic in yur mic for 10 sec at a time turning after ever 10 sec. Yual can do it till its dry to yur likin or as I have done in past too leave it set on or by yur lights ballast, heat draws out mosture pritty quick as well but not as quick the mic. Happy smokin friend.

BWD

I like to go ahead and break it up then sit it atop a lamp on a sheet of paper after a few hours its good to go...a little harsher than it should be but smokeable never the less.

Yeah, I cut mine up and place it someplace warm and with air circulation, it dries fairly quick...but, like LJ said, it's a bit harsher than the final cured product will be!

Of course, if you have a vaporizer, you can check it out in there right away!

I use the microwave sometimes as well, but in 5 sec increments instead of 10, and I let it sit for a few min. every 20 sec. to allow the mosture the microwave has pulled out of the plant to evaprate.

when I wanted to quik dry..I read microve was bad as it cooks the trichs....Also I would stay away from papper ontop of a light..(fire hazard)....I used the toaster..place a dry rack for cookies ontop the toaster and press down....evrytime it pops up roll the bud a bit and then toast again..Happy HArvesting

never thought the microwave would be a good idea either..
i'm never that desperate to need to smoke it right now. so my quick dry method is to break it up and leave it in an open brown paper bag atop the tv or fridge.
smokable by 2 days.

Sour Deez said:
Wut up MP I'm about a wk away from harvest.And while watering earlier a small branch with some buds snapped and fell off. Just wondering if anyone knew a quick dry method for sampling the bud.

Very Suspicious, bud just "fell off" huh? Like maybe a week out your brain sent out waves of "fall off, fall off, fall off" and the bud just snaps and falls into your hand.....? We all know how it is, just one, just a small taste, it wont hurt the harvest......I CANT WAIT ONE MORE WEEK! I GOT TO TASTE IT NOW!

Okay, it just fell off.....

I like 4U's plan, toast and turn.

I am kidding with you....sure it fell off. :D

tcbud said:
Very Suspicious, bud just "fell off" huh? Like maybe a week out your brain sent out waves of "fall off, fall off, fall off" and the bud just snaps and falls into your hand.....? We all know how it is, just one, just a small taste, it wont hurt the harvest......I CANT WAIT ONE MORE WEEK! I GOT TO TASTE IT NOW!

Okay, it just fell off.....

I like 4U's plan, toast and turn.

I am kidding with you....sure it fell off. :D

:yeahthat: :rofl: tc...lol...good stuff...I think we've all experienced those "spontaneous" bud losses a week or two before harvest...

yeah to quick dry I remove what extraneous leaf there is to the sample, place in brown bag and put in front of heater or during the warm months, put it in place to absorb heat from a window but not directly in light.

:peace:

I quick dry in the oven. The taste is almost completely gone, but I still get stoned off my ***, lol. Those popcorn nugs on the bottom of my plant have served me well this last couple weeks since I got a speeding ticket and havent had much out of my check left to be able to buy any street schwag.

Basically, my oven was a WM, or Warm setting, It's under 200 degrees... not sure what the temperature is exactly, but the next setting is 200. Pop them in on a cookie sheet for half an hour to an hour. I even forgot about them the other night and they were in there for 2 hours. Still smoked friggin great, minus the taste, as I said. That being said, though, the taste isnt horrendous. I'm sure cured properly, they'd be much more potent, though.

Latest posts

Back