General Hydroponics Flora Hard Water Micro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

My water reads at 140ppm and has a pH of 7.6. The water isn't extremely hard, but it def. worries me.

Has anyone had experience with General Hydroponics Flora Hard Water Micro? I feel like I could benefit from this because my micros will be "chelated" instead of tying up with elements in my "hard water."

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks,

Big:icon_smile:

140ppm is fine, 7.6ph for tap water is normal. you can use ferts normally

I looked at my public water reports and I don't see any chloramine, but I do see chloride's and chlorine.

Letting the water sit for 24-48 should help these evaporate right? Should I throw an airstone in to help with the evaporation?

Thanks!

Big:hubba:

My city water supply is 356 ppm out of the tap, and it has not been much of a problem for me so far. I was planning on getting the hard water micro back when I started my indoor grow, but it seemed like there was always something else I needed more at the time, so I never got around to ordering it. Since I am not growing organic, the 3 part GH Flora series, and some Cal-Mag, have worked quite well. Unless you just want to get it, I don't think you will need it at just 140 ppm.

Letting the water sit for 24-48 should help these evaporate right? Should I throw an airstone in to help with the evaporation?

Yes to both of your questions. Adding an air stone will speed up the process.

i dont bother to evaporate the chlorine. tap water chlorination will not cause damage to plants IMO unless if you're growing microbes in water (organic hydro)

Latest posts

Back