emmm some fresh brewed tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burner

Reaction score
I picked up some free rabbit manure off craigslist today. Filled (2) 5gal. buckets......and here's the tea:)

This is what i'm feeding to my outdoor girls in flower:
  • 3 gal of rain water.
  • Filled the sock with the rabbit manure, put an air line in and a stone to weigh it down.
  • 1 cup Fox Farm Bulb Food 3-8-8
  • 1 cup bat guano 0.5-12-0.2
  • 2 tbsp molasses

10-60 gal. air pump, 3 airstones, and one line for the manure....Any comments are appreciated, i'm new to teas and would love to eventually get this dialed in.

WP_000378.jpg

WP_000381.jpg

WP_000382.jpg

WP_000383.jpg

WP_000384.jpg

Yummy for your plants but the thought of rabbit manure tea turns my stomach a bit...lol

you know what's even more gross? One of the air stones popped up from under the rock holding it down and I had to stick my arm into that sh*t to fix it:eek:

i can smell the chicken manure under my finger nails as i type. now i think i should get sume rabbit crap as well. not the usaul kinda guy ehh burner hope the cane isnt bad in your area goodluck

Hey Burner, lemme know how it works im gonna start making teas and im looking for a recipe, whats the value of the rabbit ****, which nutrient is it heavy in NPK wise?

I might try this recipe and just replace the rabbit **** with something similar i can buy.

I got some Hamster **** I can let go for cheap.....:hubba:

Looks like this.....:) droppings.jpg

Mountain209man said:
i can smell the chicken manure under my finger nails as i type. now i think i should get sume rabbit crap as well. not the usaul kinda guy ehh burner hope the cane isnt bad in your area goodluck

Thanks my man...I need more **** as well muahahaa:hubba: Wanna trade some chicken for rabbit?

Iron Emmett said:
Hey Burner, lemme know how it works im gonna start making teas and im looking for a recipe, whats the value of the rabbit ****, which nutrient is it heavy in NPK wise?

I might try this recipe and just replace the rabbit **** with something similar i can buy.

I'll let you know...from what I've read online, rabbit manure is 2.4-1.4-0.6

No "throw up" smiley, how about this one instead? :spit:

Which is what I did when I read the last few posts on this thread!! :rofl:

I have bunnies and chickens who help me produce some wonderful teas and garden beds. Will be adding goat poo when we add them to our mini-farm this fall! Ahhh...the wonderful world of ****!

Rabbit **** is great as a soil amendment. Really adds great nutirents and structure. Definitely won't burn.

Honestly though Burner, you're mix is more of a nutrient solution than a tea. While I'm sure there's some bacteria and fungi in the ****, you really need to add more microbial life to your mix to really get things going. Consider some Bio-Tone (Espoma, commercially available) or a similar innoculant. If you have access to some compost, a few tablespoons would be teeming with life.

Good luck to you- Happy Brewing!

foaming up nice:)

BBFan thanks for the tips. I do have a compost pile, I'm not sure if it's ready or not, but the bottom layer turned black and looks good...about a month old. So maybe I could use some of that. I'll pick up some bio-tone for sure.

Here are the ingredients for the Fox Farm Bulb food, whatcha think?
  • Feather Meal, Bone Meal, Sulfate of Potash Magnesia, Bat Guano, Rock Phosphate, Kelp Meal and Gypsum.

WP_000387.jpg

WP_000388.jpg

SunWolf said:
No "throw up" smiley, how about this one instead? :spit:

Which is what I did when I read the last few posts on this thread!! :rofl:

I have bunnies and chickens who help me produce some wonderful teas and garden beds. Will be adding goat poo when we add them to our mini-farm this fall! Ahhh...the wonderful world of ****!

That's cool SunWolf ...a few years back when I wasn't growing, my cousin had a few rabbits and those things were pooing machines. My friend also built a chicken coop and raised some for a few years, but again I wasn't growing at the time..How many do you have?

burner said:
That's cool SunWolf ...a few years back when I wasn't growing, my cousin had a few rabbits and those things were pooing machines. My friend also built a chicken coop and raised some for a few years, but again I wasn't growing at the time..How many do you have?
Hey Burner, we have about 2 dozen chickens and almost that many bunnies. We are working on becoming more self sufficient and are just starting out our mini-farm. We hope to eventually raise the majority of our eggs, meats and vegetables, and use our own goats for milk, butter and cheese. We have much more time than money, so it's going to be a long process, but we're on our way. :D

:giggle: Of course, that's why I joined this forum as well...self sufficient in as many ways as we can get.

I hear yah ...sounds like your well on your way to becoming a mini farm.

I hear yah ...sounds like your well on your way to becoming a mini farm. I did an 18'x10' vegetable and fruit garden this year and I never ate so many veggies in my life. Can't wait till next year

Hey burner. Im liking the foam action! One question, how long do you keep your tea for, before it starts to go anaerobic? And do you leave the airstone going until you are out? Or just brew it for so long, then turn it off? I tend to leave my airstone going for a few days, even a week, and the foam is still there.

drfting07 said:
Hey burner. Im liking the foam action! One question, how long do you keep your tea for, before it starts to go anaerobic? And do you leave the airstone going until you are out? Or just brew it for so long, then turn it off? I tend to leave my airstone going for a few days, even a week, and the foam is still there.

Hey drfting07- I usually make batches that'll last 2 waterings at a time. I don't like to let it go any longer than a week- leaving the air line going the whole time (I don't use an airstone as the smaller bubbles tend to disrupt the delicate chains of the developing fungi). But I will dose it with molasses and often some meal along the way to keep everyone well fed :D .

Hope you don't mind me adding my .02 burner.

Latest posts

Back