Balls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dman, I took the Larry boy out to the shed (that sounds funny) where he can grow all the balls he desires. I tossed a boy and have a Larry that hasn't shown yet. If the one is a girl and I used the boy pollen with her, would that be a good thing to have a life time supply of Larry seeds?

The nights get down to 55 F in the shed but he seems to be doing fine. Just window light. Is that all ok for pollen?

lol.....are you asking to test the knowledge of those responding?...lol...i know you like to do that from time to time...hmmmm....i say this cause YOU of all people can answer that...Hmmmmmm....hey rose...ima just say hey and plead the 5th to the question...

Rosebud said:
Thanks Dman, I took the Larry boy out to the shed (that sounds funny) where he can grow all the balls he desires. I tossed a boy and have a Larry that hasn't shown yet. If the one is a girl and I used the boy pollen with her, would that be a good thing to have a life time supply of Larry seeds?

The nights get down to 55 F in the shed but he seems to be doing fine. Just window light. Is that all ok for pollen?

I dont know for sure because i never tried it but it sounds ok, you only need a few sacs to open up, you havent had much luck with getting girls from the larry seeds eh Rose.

Dman, no I have not and I must admit you are somewhat of a big show off getting ALL GIRLS! Congrats.

I think I may have 2 Cindy 99s that are girls.

Shall I pm you when the balls start showing pollen?

Hey BUD, How's it going? I have never done any breeding with cannabis...so I don't know the answer, but I am sure glad you think I should.

I have been following your grows. Are you still smoking Jack and how do you like it?

lol...and i have no idea..just my way of saying hello and hiding my ignorance on breading....i cant wait to see how this all turns out...should be educational....for me that is...Make It Happen Captian!!!

Rosebud said:

Yes, AFA ok for pollen.

IF the no show Larry turns out to be a girl, the pre flower pistils will be fine for pollinating. Not many seeds, but enough.

They will also develop under 18/6 if you keep clones. I've done it.

IDK about the lifetime supply of Larry seeds, but it will be a start.

Wet

Rosebud said:
Dman, no I have not and I must admit you are somewhat of a big show off getting ALL GIRLS! Congrats.

I think I may have 2 Cindy 99s that are girls.

Shall I pm you when the balls start showing pollen?

Hey BUD, How's it going? I have never done any breeding with cannabis...so I don't know the answer, but I am sure glad you think I should.

I have been following your grows. Are you still smoking Jack and how do you like it?

Sure, you need to watch them and when they are bigger and start opening you can start collecting, PM away, or we can do it here or in a new thread.

when they start to open you can bag the plant and give it a shake while upside down, you wont see much but it will be in there, you should do this for a couple days and seal the bag up fast in between, i like to tap the branches over a piece of dark construction paper so i can see it and then funnel it into a bag, you want to do this with no air movement at all, pollen is extremely light and it will take off easily.

Wetdog said:
Yes, AFA ok for pollen.

IF the no show Larry turns out to be a girl, the pre flower pistils will be fine for pollinating. Not many seeds, but enough.

They will also develop under 18/6 if you keep clones. I've done it.

IDK about the lifetime supply of Larry seeds, but it will be a start.

Wet

Really Wetdog, the pre flowers for pollinating? See I don't really approve of people breeding when they don't know what they are doing, so I am thinking about doing just that.:doh: Thank you for the help.

Rosebud said:
.....See I don't really approve of people breeding when they don't know what they are doing, so I am thinking about doing just that.:doh: Thank you for the help.

:yeahthat: :eek:. I have a Satori boy......

LOL--What am I going to do with HIM or with the pollen?

It is still cold in my neck of the woods--too cold to take him to the shed. I am probably going to put him into a big garbage can in the room my dirt is in and make a temporary spot for him to live just until he drops pollen. I am going to pollinate some Satori, some Beyond the Brain (which already has Satori in it), and some Dynamite/Satori crosses I have.

careful keeping those boys in places you frequent---some of that pollen might hijack a ride on your clothing and be transferred to females in your flower room---no fans---no drafty areas---might think of keeping a misting bottle with plain old water on hand just cause---or---pluck the sacks and put them back into veg till you are ready for them---what are your plans with the boys in the shed ladies :hubba:

:ciao: Good morning ladies!

Rosebud, all this talk about satori pollen and breeding, im almost hoping for a boy. Ide love to have seed stock so i can stop paying $12 a seed for good genetics.

:ciao: Hi Orange! How have you been my friend?

orangesunshine said:
careful keeping those boys in places you frequent---some of that pollen might hijack a ride on your clothing and be transferred to females in your flower room---no fans---no drafty areas---might think of keeping a misting bottle with plain old water on hand just cause---or---pluck the sacks and put them back into veg till you are ready for them---what are your plans with the boys in the shed ladies :hubba:

Orange, i don't know what in the heck I am doing.

I do have flowering plants, I do need to be careful. Who do I spray with water, the boy or me?

How long does it take to have pollen from when the balls show? Then I hear it takes 4 weeks to make seeds, is that right?
Is the pollen very evident? Is it yellow?

I don't think i know enough to do this and may have to wait till I do.

Rosebud said:
Really Wetdog, the pre flowers for pollinating? See I don't really approve of people breeding when they don't know what they are doing, so I am thinking about doing just that.:doh: Thank you for the help.

See my thread "Pollinating Pre Flowers" in the breeding section.

What really amazed me was the clones brought back in and put under *T-12's*!! and a 18/6 cycle. The seeds developed perfectly.

Wet

just giv'er rose
only one way to learn.. and it aint rocket science :D
nothing wrong at all doing a little pollen chucking without full know how.. it's when inexperienced people call themselves breeders and go for the cash grab that gets frowned upon.

i'd probably just put something under him to collect his goods, then remove my chosen lady from the room (to prevent unwanted pregnancy anywhere else ;) ) when it's time and simply 'paint' on some pollen on a few buds.
no worries then, you'll only be sacrificing one branch rather than the whole plant. (you can take extra precautions like covering/wetting the rest of the plant if you'd like)
:)

time table may be off on that anyway though by the time he drops. i like to pollinate my girls early, to be sure the seeds will be finished in time.
the dude should start dropping in a few weeks.. but by then your chosen gals may be a bit old. you could always try and save the pollen for a later date too though
:)

just do it rose. i have faith in your greenthumb, and it's always nice to play around and learn more ;) :D

Latest posts

Back