Balls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so what's the skinny rosebud---you gonna do this or what---the spray bottle is for you (some may even wash down and change clothes) if you go from 1 room to another---spraying girls that you do not want to seed---basically to render the pollen inactive---the balls will begin to shoot their wad in just a couple days from formation---new ones will continue to appear while it is in the 12/12 and the male winds down its life---do you have a female with pistals ready to go

I have no experience with this so I may be talking out my butt. However I agree with Kaotic, I think if you have the opportunity to learn some new stuff, go ahead and try it :)

Just my logic here, but I would use Q-tips to gather the pollen. I would wait till the pollen sacs open and then take several Q-tips and a zip lock baggy, watch the male till the sacs open and take the Q-tips and stroke the Anthers gently to extract the pollen. It should stay on the Q-tip and when one is fully loaded (only on one end so that you don't make the mistake of dropping pollen when turning it around, either when collecting or when depositing) stick it in the baggy and close it up. Keep collecting pollen on the Q-tips until you have a bunch or until the male quits pollenating. close the baggy up and keep it in a cool dry place until ready to apply it to some of the buds :)

Good luck Rose, I got faith in you :) sending you sexual mojo :hubba:

once the balls are ready to open you can just lightly tap a branch and you will see it falling in the light, collect it over a couple of days and away you go.

i bag a branch and spray down the plant whille the bag is on.

OK, Thank you all for your support, yes, lets do this.

I have flowering girls 2-3 weeks till finished. I have flowering girls that just went in a week ago. I have clones that could go in now...

If the one Larry is a girl I would like to use the pollen on her. If she is a he, how would i chose another female to breed without ever smoking or trying Larry.

I can also save the pollen for future use, is that right?

Thanks to each one of you. I am going to go read up in the breeding section., oh and ston-loc, it was supposed to sound that way.;)

Ok, how bout i paint on Burmese Kush that just went in, with the Larry OG kush? Does that sound like a plan? At least they are both Kush's. I could do that in three weeks and the timing should work.

I am getting excited about this. Thanks for the encouragement.

:woohoo: :ciao: Rosebud can we see pics of the love birds you got ready to go now---how many beans do you want to make---do you have an isolated love nest for the dirty to be done---what is the space like---last frost gone od yet---do you have multiple strains ready now---

I have grown BUKU and Larry and i couldnt imagine a better pairing, you dont need to isolate the female because steps are taken to assure you wont pollinate the whole room, water is your friend as it kills pollen on contact, i have done this to a single lower branch and produced 150 seeds without a single unwanted seeds on the plant i pollenated or the rest of the grow, just saying.

That is very exciting news about the two candidates, dman

The Buku is one week in flower.

The sacks are very small on the boys still, compared to some pictures I looked at today. Sounds like the timing would be good though.

I will know when the pollen is ready right?

Orange, i will get some pic's but the kids are sleeping right now. This is very fun stuff, thank you.

Rose, you wanna hit the girl when she has 5-6 weeks to go, i am by no means saying what Wetdog said is incorrect , its just depends on how you wanna go about doing it, sounds like your plants are timed perfect to make some Larry X Buku seeds.

Wow Dman! That sounds fun! your Buku and Larry grow journal was drool worthy for sure! Rose, Ide love to see that cross

hey rose
ive collected pollen from a pre 98 bubba bx & a sour double kush. my first time also. it was easy. ill post a video i learned from, you have to dry the pollen in a jar, lid off to breath for a few days, store in fringe for a few weeks if you need. then do it dmans way to poliintae or the way ive heard.ill try both.hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpBgHGu_FEs that is bag the plant, then pollinate the lone branch, after 2 days lightly mist the branch to kill left over pollen then put back in room. to make some seeds. ive heard 4-5 weeks also to get mature seeds, so on a indica, need to pollinate by 3rd week of flower. ill be pollinating in 9 days.
for the male to pollinate go to 12/12 with a cfl or a flouresnt. i wait till a few pods open then tap the branch onto a piece of glass. i also cut 3 branches off & put them in glass of water and let pollen fall onto glass below then scraped up pollen & put in jar.
im making,
pre 98 x pre 98 or i guess pre 98 f2
pre98x purple berry bx
p98 x sour double kush
p98x indiana bubble gum
sdkx sdk f2
sdk x trainwreck

"hxxp://youtu.be/cURdy_sH4G4"]http://youtu.be/cURdy_sH4G4[/URL]
just neat to see

here my males just before i took the pollen
pre 98 on left & sour double kush on right

IMG_0283.JPG

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_0286.JPG

Beautiful picture Ruffy!

Here is a picture of my best Larry Male. The other one only has one ball. Weird huh?DSCF1356.JPG

I also saw this on the way to the shed. I am glad there is a sign of spring. It is 40 degrees out there. burrrDSCF1357.JPG

I have a Larry that might be a girl, I am pretty sure. And I have a Burmese kush that went in to flower two weeks ago.

what should I do besides wait for pollen?

ok this weekend is here. im @ day 21 of flower & im pollinating 1 plant each day (3). ive been advised by a breeder to,
-move 1 plant out of room, bag the hole plantpull 1 small branch threw a whole & seal whole. wit a q tip or paint brush or maskara brush dab the pollin on pistles. im going to dust the branch without touching it. (pistle might stick to tool/brush) let sit for 3-4 hrs the mist lightly the bag & branch to kill pollin. wait till branch has dried then put back in room. in a few days the pistle will go red, brown , indicating it has been pollinated. no pics just of seeds in the end.
up first, purple berry bx x (male)sour double kush, sat- pre 98 x pre98, sun -sour dk x sdk

I have a Satori boy that is dropping pollen. I am going to collect as much as I can tomorrow and then it is the compost pile for him. This thread has been really helpful to me.

well i did 2 plants, it was easy!!! dont do it in the flower room due to pollin being very light, turn fans off!!! & itll be all good.
thg, make sure you leave the container open a few days in a dark warm place for the pollen to dry out, then you can seal it & put it in the fridge. any questions ill try to answer for ya. they need to grow 5-6 weeks, my buddy says the bud can be cut off the plant & leave the seeded branch to grow another week if you need to. a little pollen goes a long way. good luck!!! cant wait to find some kool beans

p.s i did touch the pistles & applied the pollen that way, i didnt want pollen flyin all over. the trichomes arent super sticky so no worries, yet. thats on my girls. other strains may be stickier

Ruffy, I don't understand why we need to let the pollen dry. As it just goes from plant to plant in nature...It does travel on the wind and maybe that dries it out.

After looking at your boy, mine isn't near ready yet.

Dman, Is Larry a 10 week strain or what? I thought Hamster said it was. If that is the case I could either hold the pollen or pollinate the Burmese Kush that is in flower now. (beginning)

Is it widely accepted by everyone here that it takes 4 weeks to make seeds?

Thanks again, please feel free to tell my your thoughts.

I didn't get a chance to read the whole thread but has anyone here cloned a male, pulled off the balls, and kept it tiny while waiting for a female to flower?

I was thinking about doing this last summer but I didn't have the cajones :rolleyes:to risk contaminating my moms...

Latest posts

Back