K C Brains California special

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Menimeth

Reaction score
I purchased the California Special for my wife because she wanted a skunk taste, and after looking through the choices on the attutide, she decided on the CS. I planted 2 of the 10 seeds after they arrived, and they both sprouted within 3 days and were both female, much to my surprise. After taking several clones I allowed them to veg until they were 14 inches tall, then placed them in my flower tent. That was 4 weeks ago, and today one plant is 5 foot 6 inches tall, and the other is 6 feet 3 inches tall. Has anyone else grown this strain? Just wanting to know what to expect in the next few weeks. My light has been raised about as far as it will go, and the one plant is already even with the cool tube. Any ideas on what to do would be great.

I have never grown this strain. I did check the description and wow they are only suppose to get about 4'3". But anyway, I would pinch the stem until soft enough to bend her, then just bend her over. Ex. If you want the branch that is almost into the light and want to get an 8 inch space just start squeezing the stem 8" below the light.

At this point the only thing I know of is HST. More exp. Growers may be able to help more than I can. Stay safe. :)

pcduck said:
I have never grown this strain. I did check the description and wow they are only suppose to get about 4'3". But anyway, I would pinch the stem until soft enough to bend her, then just bend her over. Ex. If you want the branch that is almost into the light and want to get an 8 inch space just start squeezing the stem 8" below the light.

I can pull the tops over and down enough to get a foot more space, by tying them to each other, but I have never done it before, and don't know quite how to do it, are what the effects will be. Pinching the tops could solve the problem, but once again I have never done it, and am not sure what exactly needs to be done. Once I have some meds stored up I plan on learning how to do LST and Flemming correctly, as well as some breeding and grafting to get my Island of DR. Moreau grove on, but just haven't reached that point yet. I may ask alot of noob questions to ease my mind as I try and solve my problem, but I am a fast learner.

I can pull the tops over and down enough to get a foot more space, by tying them to each other, but I have never done it before, and don't know quite how to do it, are what the effects will be.

This is what I explained to you just a little more dramatic. I use this method anytime my girls out grow their space. If you squeeze/pinch/roll back and forth between your fingers, the stem will soften up and just flop over. The only thing it does to the plant is create a knot where you you squeeze/pinch/roll back and forth between your fingers.

I do the same thing on mine. I just had to do the "pinch and bend" aka supercropping on a sativa pheno set of girls in my cabinets. I had several branches growing up above the lights. I had already bent several of the branches before as they were reaching for the lights, but then I came in yesterday and found new branches were already past the lights. It sounds like you may have tried to put them into flower too soon and that has caused them to stretch real bad. But you can bend them over, don't be afraid just because you are new at it. It is no ways as hard or tricky as you think. :)

If you go down about a foot from the light and take hold of the stem between the nodes and just mash it until you feel it crush then give it a little twist to soften it up a bit then lay it over. If it wants to lay over too far then take some string or gardener's wire and tie it up to hold it from laying over too far. If the stem is too "woody" and feels too stiff to supercrop it, or you can't get it too crush enough to bend far enough, then do more than one bend to get it over (if that happens you will need to tie it to hold it over or it will heal itself and be standing upright by tomorrow.

If you have enough room you can just tie the upper part of the plant and get a weight and bend it over as far as you think it will go(without flipping the pot over or pulling the roots and/or soil up), then go back tomorrow and pull it down a little further. Do this every day until you get it where you want it. But remember that when you do any bending or tieing so that the top of the plant is pulld back down, the other stems and branches will start taking off for the ceiling, then you will have to do them as well. :)

I have decided to take your advice pcduck and Hushpuppy, but then again, I knew I would as soon as I saw your posts. I will do it first thing in the morning when the lights come on and see how it goes. Thanks for the advice guys.

Thanks again guys, I gained another foot and a half of space after doing as you suggested, and everything is looking good. The buds have all turned to the light, and it almost looks like a scrog. I should be getting a better harvest out of them than I expected, and from now on, I will only scrog this strain as it appears to be perfact for it.

cool, I knew you would be suprised at how well they would do (and at how easy it is) as I was when I did it the first time. :aok:

Latest posts

Back