A Decent Auto Harvest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dman1234

So I havent been a fan of the Autos but i had these two freebies and here they are at around 70 days, they spent 20 days under 24-0 and the last 50 days in 12/12, im pretty happy with the amount and in person they both are cover in trichs, one in perticular is really sticky.

auto dot 1.jpg auto dot 2.jpg

auto dot 12.jpg auto dot 22.jpg

Wow, those look great! I never dreamed auto's got that big.

I just planted some. I think I will do it the way you did light wise, Thanks dman. And, i am not going to tell you to get dressed or anything.

Dam!!!!! I may need to look into autos again...looks like a nice yielder..please try and get us a dry wieght...

:clap: well done dman:48:

Looks very nice. I have never tried autos. Did your dog steal your camera and learn to upload photos too?

Rosebud said:
Wow, those look great! I never dreamed auto's got that big.

I just planted some. I think I will do it the way you did light wise, Thanks dman. And, i am not going to tell you to get dressed or anything.

Thanks Rose im not suggesting thats the way to grow Autos but i was sick of their special needs for lighting and just stuck them in the flower room.

4u2sm0ke: Dam!!!!! I may need to look into autos again...looks like a nice yielder..please try and get us a dry wieght...

Thanks 4U i will get a dry weight from each one and post it here and in my GJ.

gourmet: Looks very nice. I have never tried autos. Did your dog steal your camera and learn to upload photos too?

Thanks, yes actually, he did, his computer skills amaze me more and more everyday.

Great looking plant Dman! I never had any of my freebie autos come anywhere close to looking that good.

What strain was this? Makes me wonder if it really was an auto--20 days veg and then 7 weeks of 12/12......

They sure look nice :)

Now lets see if the bang is there.

Last auto I grew looked great but no bang:(

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Nice autos D... what are they??

Thanks Jaam, they are Hobbit and Micro Machine.

THG, I know what you mean, but they are autos, they may have been in 24/0 for a few days more than the 20 but were showing signs of flowering at that point, also they are 70 days from germ so they gotta be an auto.

Thanks PC duck, time will tell, one looks good, the other is extremely frosty, i will let ya know.

Actually, you could take a reg plant with a short flowering time like 7 weeks, give it a 3 week veg and have it finish in 70-75 days.

My Hobbit did not grow anything like that and I had it under 20 hour light, the preferred light for autos. Getting a much larger bigger plant going 12/12 does make me wonder about the auto in the strain.

I totally know what you mean THG, but they did auto, im as shocked by their growth as anyone.

The first pic is the 2 of them showing flowering while still in 24-0 and the second pic was taken on the 5th day they were in 12-12.

auto in 24-0.jpg

auto 6 days 12-12.jpg

Nice auto brosef....one of the better ones I have seen. I will play devils advocate here and say that the fact that you couldn't clone her and run this same cut over and over is yet another way that autos fall short. One of my biggest peeves against autos is the wide range of phenos you get from bean to bean without the ability to clone the better then average phenos. You can get 3 females from 5 beans and all 3 will be all over the place size and quality wise. jmo

Well, regardless, they just turned out great. Whatever you did was obviously to their liking (I'll just pretend like I got a bad pheno :ignore: ....)

Thanks THG and HL.

Dont get me wrong im still not an auto fan, I have a 24-0 tent with T5 and a 12-12 room with hps, i have no where to put autos, and they take up space of a clonable strain. jmo

dman1234 said:
Thanks THG and HL.

Dont get me wrong im still not an auto fan, I have a 24-0 tent with T5 and a 12-12 room with hps, i have no where to put autos, and they take up space of a clonable strain. jmo

I hear ya bro...I just wanted to point out that my biggest gripe against autos is not being able to hold onto a great pheno. It kind of defeats a lot of what I try and do grow wise. I don't want to have to pop beans over and over again hoping to get a great pheno. I want to find that pheno and exploit it over and over.:D

Thanks for those cool pics. Mine look somewhat like that and had to go 12/12 to flower.
I agree Hammy- this was a sweet plant and I would have liked to get some clones from her.
I only wanted something that would finish ahead of the rest and hold us over. Since I wasn't clued in to the special requirements in the beginning my two autos have been more like regulars.
Either way- it was fun.

Pot size helps plant size. Often all within the same time frames of the strain.

IMG_0007 (450 x 600).jpg

IMG_0008 (450 x 600).jpg

Thanks Folks.

here is the first of the 2 at harvest, before during and after the trim.

auto 1 harvest 007.JPGauto 1 harvest 008.JPG

auto 1 harvest 0031.jpgauto 1 harvest 015.JPG

auto 1 harvest 013.JPG

Nice.
How big was she when you chopped her?
I'll be chopping "fake" auto number two today.

Latest posts

Back