2 tent indoor super soil grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sMACkaddict

Señor Member
Reaction score
Not too much to see yet, just my almost finished set up and some babies (10 days from seed) :baby:

The deets:
  • Random seeds, no idea what they are (got them from a friend who mixed up his stash)
  • Germed seeds in 16oz solos with FF light warrior
  • Planning to transplant from 16oz to and finish in 3gal(might finish in 5gal, not sure if I have the space)
  • Will be using super soil(its in a kiddie pool cooking, 2 weeks old so far)
  • Seedlings in 2 x 4 x 4 tent under HTG tek lamps (4 PLL-55 bulbs)
  • Vegging will be continued(if needed/possible) in 5 x 5 x 6.5 tent under 1000w MH
  • Flowering will be in same tent with 1000w HPS

Once these guys are moved into the big tent I will be popping some beans that are currently in the mail: Satori, Ganesh(also mandala), Super Sour OG and/or some of the freebies.

Oh yea, on a side note, I'm going to be doing this legally soon... woo hooo!:yay:

View attachment first post - 1 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 2 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 3 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 4 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 5 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 6 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 7 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 8 of 9.jpg

View attachment first post - 9 of 9.jpg

Ahhh, I still can't get watering seedlings right...:hairpull:

I will throw up more pics by the end of the week

They all look good to me. What kind of watering problems are you having?

I am going to be running my 1000W HPS in a 5 x 5 tent this winter. I was a bit worried that it might not be enough light for that much space--thinking of adding a 400 or a 600W. Have you run the 1000W in the 5 x 5 space before?

Hey hemp! I am having downward curling leaves issues... its not bad, and they will be fine once they grow a bit more, just frustrating that I can't keep them happy... I will post some pics of them later today or tomorrow.

Being that I am just getting back into growing, I think its just my untrained hand. I think I was/am watering them too infrequently and with too much water. They should be staying moist until they have really started growing, right? they are 2 weeks from seed right now.

No, I have not used a 1000w in this size tent before. The lumens/sq ft are good, right(about 6k)? I was also planning to leave aisles on 2 sides so I can access everything more easily, do you think thats a good idea?

overview shot and then some close ups of a couple of the sadlings... I have had my light like max 4" away from the seedlings and my temps have been like high 70s low 80s and humidity 30%-50%. They are under 24hr light. I have only been watering them and they are in pure FF light warrior.

They def look overwatered, so I have been trying to let them dry out a bit more. I think im giving them too much water at once.

View attachment GJ - 1 of 5.jpg

View attachment GJ - 2 of 5.jpg

View attachment GJ - 3 of 5.jpg

View attachment GJ - 4 of 5.jpg

View attachment GJ - 5 of 5.jpg

Not enough perlite add 30% per pot to aid drainage prevent root compaction and ease the forthcoming nute burn, as per your soil is still cooking?

yea, I don't know what made me forget to add perlite... time, I suppose.. ha you are right for sure, thanks vos.

Could you elaborate on the nute burn part a little? My soil is in a kiddie pool cooking, its got at least 2 more weeks until its useable.

ok, just went back through some stickies and refreshed myself on the basics that I clearly forgot. Feeling confident on what to do now... let them dry out! ha, I was overthinking(always my problem) about watering them while they were seedlings and def overwatered instead of just keeping the soil moist. They should be starting to really get growing now esp if I can just relax and stick to the basics... :ccc: :watchplant:

I let everything dry out, then gave them a good watering today. I will be hoping to see everyone bounce back a little this week.

If all goes according to plan, I will be transplanting them to 3 gallon smart pots by the end of the week.

I am going to put 2 fem super sour og, 4 reg satori, and 2 fem kaliman cheese #1 in light warrior filled solo cups tonight. Hopefully they will catch up/surpass my current plants and then I will flower everything together.

I have FFOF and LW right now. Is OF by itself too hot to use for the top 50% with the super soil? Should I cut the OF with LW 50/50?

big week ahead of me, hoping for some mojo

Big green mojo coming your way. FFOF is not too hot for established plants. Go for it. Mix it with your super soil.

Your picture up there of amendments looks just like my place... Lots of goodness there.

Big green mojo coming your way. FFOF is not too hot for established plants. Go for it. Mix it with your super soil.

Your picture up there of amendments looks just like my place... Lots of goodness there.

Thanks Rose, I appreciate it.

Things are looking up. Transplanted all 18 into 3 gallon smart pots and moved them into the big tent with an mh at 750w(I will crank it up to 1000w in a week). They are looking much happier. I also planted some seeds about a week ago and they are all up, except the cheese. Both Cheese #1 seedlings have yet to break ground. All the satori and super sour og are up and open.

View attachment transplant- - 1.jpg

View attachment transplant- - 2.jpg

View attachment transplant- - 3.jpg

View attachment transplant- - 4.jpg

View attachment transplant- - 5.jpg

Bah, the cheese is not looking promising, I can see the sprouts just under the dirt and they look dark dark purple. I will keep waiting to see if they rise from what looks like their grave... If I don't see them by weds Im going to pop the rest of the Kaliman Cheese #1 to make sure I didn't get a bad batch. Is there any recourse for that? I know I can't really go complaining to attitude that my seeds didn't germ, but I dunno, they weren't cheap! I did get 3 kaliman exodus haze as freebies, if all the cheese is "rotten" then I will pop those....

I was so excited about the cheese, I bought them for my first grow too but I never got to pop them due to extenuating mexicans...

the 2 Cheese #1 seeds are at the surface, but I dont think they are going to make it. I will give them a couple more days, but will probably be germin the rest of the cheese by the end of the week.

Wow you have a lot going on. Mojo for the babies. It is hard to have the wet/dry cycle with big pots and little plants. You can do it... lots of air circulation will help. That is a lot of plants to keep up with. Greenest of mojo to you.

haha yea, hopefully they wont be so little for long. I will update with pics after I water tonight, they already look much happier.

I am excited for there to be more going on, but I should be careful what I wish for... haha

Also, my buddy just found a ton of seeds hidden in the back of his closet and donated them to me. They are like 5 years old, so I'm not too optimistic, but there's a ton of white rhino seeds, one lemon haze, 4 super skunk, 10 christmas kush and a bunch of "VT outdoors"

nooo, upload keeps failing... I will try to post them again tomorrow...

Update: still no go on uploading...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back