2 tent indoor super soil grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started 12/12 today in the big tent, woo hoo! I almost forgot the switch the bulb to the hps.. haha

I will post new pics of the little tent tonight, been a little while since ive taken any since they were so pathetic looking. They are much happier now!

ok, didnt take any pics, but I did go get my medical card! im very happy and excited to be growing mmj legally! Im really excited to provide awesome medicine to people who need it.

Hey fog, welcome to MP! thanks for the props, im very excited about Satori. and the cheese, after the seeds almost not making it, im glad they are doing well and cant waitttttt

so we are on day 6 of 12/12 in the big tent, and things are looking good in the little tent.

View attachment finally - 1.jpg

I put up my second t5 lamp so I could spread the plants out a little and have them in two height groups.

View attachment finally - 2.jpg
View attachment finally - 3.jpg

like I said, day 6 of flowering, I think I'm starting to see some pistil clusters, tried to get a pic of them...
View attachment finally - 4.jpg
View attachment finally - 5.jpg
View attachment finally - 6.jpg

Looks great Smack, Is that a heater in there or just a tower fan?? If so How is it going with the humidity?... I am running a heater and having a hard time getting over 40% Rh.

Nice looking SOG smack, looks good brother.....may get a little tight in there through flower, me personally I probably would not run 8 in that space, 4 maybe 6 but 8 is going hamper your yield and airflow. Be sure keep a good check for PM and I would trim the bottom 2/3 off, let them get some air....if a branch cannot make it to the top take it off, it will increase your yield significantly and you wont end up with a bunch of popcorn in the end, just a bunch of fat cola's. Good luck and green mojo, hope you don't mind my 2 cents.

Thanks mrcane and Kraven! No heater in there, mrcane, just a tower fan. I'm growing in my basement and the room is next to our boiler and that helps keep the temps up without killing my humidity. Also doesn't hurt that its barely been below 45F yet. During the day, that is...

Kraven, your 2 cents is worth much more than that! Thanks for dropping in. I hear ya on the number of plants. I have 8 for the next flowering run, and those still need to be sexed. I'm gonna do another trim this week. I already took off the bottom 1/3 before the flip. Now ill do a final sweep and get all the popcorn branches. I actually have 11 in there right now... Hehe

Thanks for the compliment, we are all here to learn and I certainly do everyday from each of y'alls grows. I do a trim at flip then another at 10 days in when I can really see whats gonna make it to the canopy. I think your gonna crush this grow, sounds like your right on track brother. Green mojo

looking good........ :48:.... watch those temps..... low temps can slow or stop growth.

Nice setup. Yeah I would watch the lower temps as G13 said. Do they seem to get some purple with temps like that?

"The difference between day- and nighttime temperatures is referred to as the DIF and it is widely agreed that increasing the DIF has a positive effect in steering most plants towards flowering. When growing indoors it is pretty straightforward to record day and night temperatures using a simple max./ min. thermometer. It is also straightforward to drop the night temperature, because the biggest source of heat - the lamp - is off during the night period.

During the veg stage, you will achieve optimum growth by keeping the DIF constant. Use a fan heater, or similar, to raise the night temperature once the lamp is off. Measure your minimum night temperatures and set the heater on a timer to warm the grow room throughout the ‘lights off' period.

For the flowering stage, the optimum DIF is around 46.4º - 50º F (8º - 10º C), so if your maximum day temp is around 82.4º F (28º C), aim for a night temperature of around 64.4º F (18º C).

This drop in temperature forces sugars held in the plant towards the buds. This is because as the air temperature cools, the plant will cool with it. The leaves hold less mass than the buds and therefore cool at a quicker pace, causing the sugars held in them (which they have been producing all day) to be moved to the flowering sites, where they advance bud growth."

Quoted from http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/10008151-now-for-something-completely-different

Kraven Interesting, that is a pretty good drop in temp, almost 20 deg..

"The difference between day- and nighttime temperatures is referred to as the DIF and it is widely agreed that increasing the DIF has a positive effect in steering most plants towards flowering. When growing indoors it is pretty straightforward to record day and night temperatures using a simple max./ min. thermometer. It is also straightforward to drop the night temperature, because the biggest source of heat - the lamp - is off during the night period.

During the veg stage, you will achieve optimum growth by keeping the DIF constant. Use a fan heater, or similar, to raise the night temperature once the lamp is off. Measure your minimum night temperatures and set the heater on a timer to warm the grow room throughout the ‘lights off' period.

For the flowering stage, the optimum DIF is around 46.4º - 50º F (8º - 10º C), so if your maximum day temp is around 82.4º F (28º C), aim for a night temperature of around 64.4º F (18º C).

This drop in temperature forces sugars held in the plant towards the buds. This is because as the air temperature cools, the plant will cool with it. The leaves hold less mass than the buds and therefore cool at a quicker pace, causing the sugars held in them (which they have been producing all day) to be moved to the flowering sites, where they advance bud growth."

Quoted from http://www.cannabis.info/us/abc/10008151-now-for-something-completely-different

this makes me feel a little better, i was told a max of 10 degree diferrence in night and day and i am in the 15-20 range which is right on par with what you are saying. I have my days and nights flipped from our days and nights so when lights are off its day time here, and lights come on at night when it gets colder.

looking good........ :48:.... watch those temps..... low temps can slow or stop growth.

Nice setup. Yeah I would watch the lower temps as G13 said. Do they seem to get some purple with temps like that?

hey guys, thanks for stoppin in. I'm a little confused! When I said 45F, I meant outside. It has been relatively warm here lately, so I haven't really had to battle with temps at all. I keep my tent at 75F-ish with the lights on and maybe 65F with the lights off.

During the veg stage, you will achieve optimum growth by keeping the DIF constant. Use a fan heater, or similar, to raise the night temperature once the lamp is off. Measure your minimum night temperatures and set the heater on a timer to warm the grow room throughout the ‘lights off' period........

Thanks for the info Kraven. I knew that the difference in temps between day and light cycle made a difference, but its nice to have some specifics. I'm not going to buy a heater until I see how my temps are in the dead of winter. With the lights on I have been easily able to maintain over 70F with it being below freezing outside. I want to see how cold it gets with the lights off and it being below freezing. I think it will put me right into the DIF sweet spot.

this makes me feel a little better, i was told a max of 10 degree diferrence in night and day and i am in the 15-20 range which is right on par with what you are saying. I have my days and nights flipped from our days and nights so when lights are off its day time here, and lights come on at night when it gets colder.

Yea, I got the same thing going on. It just makes sense to have your lights running at the coldest times. It gets below freezing at night here right now, but the days are like 45+.

Thanks for the compliment, we are all here to learn and I certainly do everyday from each of y'alls grows. I do a trim at flip then another at 10 days in when I can really see whats gonna make it to the canopy. I think your gonna crush this grow, sounds like your right on track brother. Green mojo

this brought a smile to my face! thanks dude, means a lot coming from you!

Yea I trimmed the night before I flipped and will be doing it again in a couple days.

I went ahead with building my aerocloner (thanks to your advice), very excited to try it out. It is def a little rickety, but I hope it gets the job done. Instead of neoprene discs, I used this stuff:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Frost-Ki...-Air-Conditioner-Weatherstrip-AC42H/100059869

So I got 16 circular(cut with a dremel so barely circles) holes in my bucket lid. I cut 2" squares off the insulation stuff and just jammed them into the holes. Then I will stick a pencil or knife through them when I go to insert clones.

I wasn't planning on taking clones this run, because this is all no name genetics, could be bagseed even, butttttt..... I really want to test out the clone bucket so when I trim in a couple days I will throw as many as I can in there and see what happens.

Sounds good smack, I was just really trying to put the new cloner through a test and it worked so well all 4 cuts rooted. I took cuts that would be hard to root and it cloned them with no problem. I've seen some bag seed grows that would blow your mind. It's just a crap shoot so that's why we all try to stay away from bag seed. A lot of work to only hermie in the middle of flower is frustrating....and if it hits any of your keeper strains then the water is all muddy so you got to clean everything (tent, tools, fans ) and trash a run right in the middle.

true! I didn't have any real genetics and wanted to throw everything through a test run first anyways (ventilation, super soil, etc)

I would have done the same. Hope your luck holds out and you get a good grow, check them good everyday from day 15-25 if your gonna hermie that's the most likely time frame, and it usually will happen in the lower 2/3 of the plant. Like I said its a crap shoot, you might get epic weed or a hermie....I hope its epic weed for you.....either way you have tested and now have a good idea of how things are running.....nothing is ever a waste when it comes to growing, you always learn something.

Latest posts

Back