drowning ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they look hungry to me. i don't use that median, but i didn't think you could easly overwater with your growing medium.

they look hungry to me. i don't use that median, but i didn't think you could easly overwater with your growing medium.

what took you so long? :)

I upped it from 300 to 400 only yesterday, I should wait

If it was just the clay pellets, you'd be right but I use those rapid rooter plugs and each flow submerges them... every 4 hours, and they take a day to dry out so I'm thinking they must be soggy all the time.

Now if I switch to every 8 hours and they perk up I won't know what it was, food or drink?

Yeah bud, I just happened to be riding by when you put the thread up.
I use jiffy pucks, and for the first couple days I have to be careful when I water.
I bet your right, pappy

Hey Pappy, those do look hungry to me as well. But the watering may be an issue. However that depends on how well you are aerating your water and what temperature it is. I have seen plants with the roots literally submerged but the water was kept right at 68f and well aerated.
On the other hand, those are younger plants (root-wise) and may not like that much water. I would have them water every 6hrs, that's 4x in 24hrs. since you are in LECA rather than soil-like medium, and see if they dry out enough as you don't want them to dry too much....:huh: confused yet? :)

I also think the pH is a bit high. I would start it a bit lower and let it drift up some. There are some nutrients out of range with a pH of 6.0.

i flood every 2 hours in flowering and every 4 hours in veg, no problems whatsoever, but i use oasis foam which drains perfectly every time. 300ppm? my source water is 240, i never go below 750 total, I think that your plants are only asking for food, high N ratio, i see a few will have a hard time recovering if ever.

Hey Pappy, those do look hungry to me as well. But the watering may be an issue. However that depends on how well you are aerating your water and what temperature it is. I have seen plants with the roots literally submerged but the water was kept right at 68f and well aerated.
On the other hand, those are younger plants (root-wise) and may not like that much water. I would have them water every 6hrs, that's 4x in 24hrs. since you are in LECA rather than soil-like medium, and see if they dry out enough as you don't want them to dry too much....:huh: confused yet? :)

Hi HP. I added micronutes yesterday and I was close, did lower the cycle to every 8 hours
water is 19C, bubbler sitting in bucket isn't the best but bubbles.
Using rapid rooters, wondering if I should uncover them to let dry out a bit more between flows.

I have doubled ppms to 690 from 300/400 and added some micronutes to rez, I have been foliar spraying micronutes (Thrive)
I found at 6.3 this am, ramp is up, ph'd down to 5.9

I also think the pH is a bit high. I would start it a bit lower and let it drift up some. There are some nutrients out of range with a pH of 6.0.

my ramp is up, fight that daily, lowered it from 6.3 to 5.9 this am
3 of the 10 look 'okay' and are still growing ???
I throw everything I could think of at them, not going back in there for awhile :-(

i flood every 2 hours in flowering and every 4 hours in veg, no problems whatsoever, but i use oasis foam which drains perfectly every time. 300ppm? my source water is 240, i never go below 750 total, I think that your plants are only asking for food, high N ratio, i see a few will have a hard time recovering if ever.

How do you keep those things from floating?
How many growers does it take to point out a problem to sopappy?
I have to stop vaping before I go in there. I use 300ppm for seedlings and just didn't swith gears i guess d'uh
dam, hope you're looking at the males, Zem, I gotta learn everything the hard way
Both rezs are up to 800ppm now, fingers crossed, thanks all.

funny thing is 2 of the 8 plants in the bigger tank are thriving at 400ppm

I sometimes have to place a few rocks on top of the pots to keep them from floating, but within a week or so, the root growth adds enough weigh to keep them from floating. I think that a part of your problem could be that you are using netpots that are too exposed, I can imagine them getting brittle dry i hot dry temps. try wrapping the tray around them to preserve humidity, you need to prevent light and algae anyway

Looks hungry to me.

Everybody's a comedian these days.

(I can't believe I started this thread and it was right there in the very first post too... 300 ppm... you guys are slipping
:)

I sometimes have to place a few rocks on top of the pots to keep them from floating, but within a week or so, the root growth adds enough weigh to keep them from floating.

I think that a part of your problem could be that you are using netpots that are too exposed,
--- why wouldn't it be like air pruning?

I can imagine them getting brittle dry i hot dry temps. try wrapping the tray around them to preserve humidity, you need to prevent light and algae anyway
--- ironically, i think it's opposite, the rapid rooters are too soggy but the plants may be too dry, I have a fan but they are pretty hot them T5
If I put the dome on , the light is too high, humidity is an issue tho

--- but main issue is the 300ppm nutes... I have it tattooed on my forehead now
I just hope I can save some of them.

see --- above

We are slipping cause we are Potheads,,,lol

i am confused. who is slipping? i slipped one time, then i found out it was fun, so i slip all the time now.

The latest pictures sure look like this one.

This picture is from overwatering, what happens is the roots get drowned and can absorb N .

That small of plants should not be that yellow at 400, that's why your other one is thriving its roots are healthier and taking in nutes.

Its a possibility.

Agreed, my first thought. They are in soggy rapid rooters. I've changed ebbin and flowin to 3 times a day instead of 6
but I also upped the nutes to 800 and I'm probably hallucinating but I'd like think they look greener this morning.

Did you lose that plant or did it recover?
I'm debating whether to chuck them and re-seed, I really don't feel like fighting to keep them alive the rest of the grow, are they pretty much doomed now? I already get shitty yields. To bring a plant to maturity for a few grams is madness

I would not let the rapid rooters stay soggy at all.
Soggy rapid rooters will cause stem rot.

Latest posts

Back