Hello

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfuller1988

Reaction score
Hello I have never grow my own, I really don't smock that much. But now that it is legal where I live and my wife likes to we are thinking about trying to grow some.
I grow vegetables inside in the winter. And have been around the forums (learning about hygo). But other then peppers and tomatoes that is mostly all new to me. (I hope most of what I do will transfer over)

Welcome to MP, we can help you get your grow going, let us know what you need. I am glad you found us.

Welcome to MP.

While all growing plants may have their similarities, I personally have found that growing cannabis is quite a bit harder (like tons and tons harder) than growing tomatoes, peppers and other vegetables. I encourage you to do all the reading you can so you understand the unique needs of cannabis. For instance, with my veggies, I could use fluorescent lighting and did not have to check the ppms and pH. Not true with cannabis grown hydroponically. The ppms and pH will continually need to be monitored and adjusted. You will also find that you need more/better light to grow cannabis than veggies....although I do not know what you are using, I doubt that it is a HPS or large wattage LED? Your lighting will be the biggest factor in your yield. You will also need good ventilation--this is achieved with a large centrifuge type exhaust fan. The fact that you have grown hydro before will certainly help, but cannabis has a whole bunch of want and needs that are a lot different than veggies, so read, read, read. The more you know, the better your chances for success!

Why not tell us a bit more of your plans? How large a space do you plan on? What type of hydro do you use?

Welcome fuller, interested to hear your plans. I run a hydro set-up so I might be able to lend advice when and if you need it. Anyone's name you see in gold are your go to peeps, Hammy, Rose, Umbra and THG are all seasoned growers with many decades of growing experience.

Latest posts

Back