eco lux floros vs cool white

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drambouie

Reaction score
does anyone have experience growing with eco lux floros?

thy come from walmart by the way and r 40watts 4 feet, 1900 lumens

ive heard that they are rich in reds and blues, compared to the cool whites the eco lux give off the same blues but much more in red. now is that true?

and if it were would it be best to use cool whites for vegging and eco lux for flowering.... thats if floros were your main source of light

but if they r 1900 lumens and the cool whites are around 2900 lumens are the cools just better all around or would the extra reds with the eco lux benefit u flowering even with the loss of 1000 lumens?

Don't waste the money on the grolux bulbs... too low lumens... get a good combo of the warm/cool bulbs... OR get the "twisty" flouro bulbs for normal light sockets.

whats the difference in cools and warms??

reds blues lumens?/

drambouie said:
whats the difference in cools and warms??

reds blues lumens?/

With warm and cool you'll get some red and blue spectrum. Lumens are higher then a growlux... I believe it is over double the amount. a growlux i know is only ~1900 lumens

warm means red

cool means blue/sometimes implies white

the twisty ones are called CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) and they are generally red in nature, lots come in a wavelength of 2900<<the same as HPS. They can add good resin during flowering when combined with a main lighting system that is blue oriented. You can also find CFLs in a wide array of spectrums though.

I buy the cheap 4 foot long tubes from walMart and last time they were called "household" and made by G.E.

about $2.50 USD for two tubes

They have to be kept really close; about 1"/2.5cm <<that means the lights have to be moved every day. I put mine on cords with slip knots. it's better than chains because the chains mean you sometimes end up with the lights further than one inch since the chain links are such and such distance apart. One link will put you too close and the next will be too far. Not "too" close, but then you have to move the lights more than once a day. The cords mean you can be very precise and really dial it in.

I have had tubes that were not as white as others; they were a little pinkish and it would have been hard to spot except that I had really white ones to compare it to, side to side. The plant DID NOT like the pinkish one. Leaned way over to the other tube. A purplish grow tube seems to kind of stagnate the growth. The plant didn't lean and didn't die but it didn't grow either.

I think cfls are better.
I use 42w bulbs and they put out 2700 lumens.
soft/ warm white are rich in yellow and red.(2500-3000K) flowering
cool daylight is rich in blue. (6500K) veg

Latest posts

Back