Dirt farming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to copy you. How would it stand up to 50 mph winds Ken? I am in eastern washington.

I use the fencing to support my plants when they get heavy with buds. Look at the previous picture of last years grow. The PVC green house if you will, will be used to keep the rain out of the buds this fall. We are in Oregon and it rains here :) My neighbor has a lot of apple trees and that is the orchard you are seeing. The green house is just rebar driven into the ground and I slip the PVC over it. One stick of pipe.20' will make a hoop about 10 feet wide and 9' high. I used 1 1/4" for most of the hoops. Zip ties and lots of pipe and it's done. I'll have to get the plastic on in a few weeks. Thanks for the kind comments. Ken

that fencing seems to be the support of choice by many a experienced grower---personally i prefer using stakes so that i have access to the interior of the plant---rebar, pvc, and zip ties---good stuff right there---how will the plastic be affixed to the structure---strictly solely to keep dry???

thanks for the info

Damnt Bro,,you got those killer plants AND APPLES next door. Im am even more jealous.

that fencing seems to be the support of choice by many a experienced grower---personally i prefer using stakes so that i have access to the interior of the plant---rebar, pvc, and zip ties---good stuff right there---how will the plastic be affixed to the structure---strictly solely to keep dry???

thanks for the info
Point well taken. Reaching through the wire to prune etc is a *****, and can create blood loss if ya aren't careful. Armpit hair in the wire wraps is memorable. :)

I want to copy you. How would it stand up to 50 mph winds Ken? I am in eastern washington.

I hope it never gets that windy here, although we have wind every evening. I bought a 100'x20' roll of 6 mill plastic at Home Depot. We hold it on with metal woodworking clamps from HD .99 cents each. If it's real windy we roll the plastic up so there isn't as much to catch the wind. The plants are not going anywhere because of the wire around them. When it rains, we lower the plastic, We have wind west to east almost every evening and the hoop houses are oriented east to west to take advantage of the wind, that's all. This is only our second grow so we have a lot to learn. My problem now is how to dry all this. I have a big pole barn with a little shop constructed inside and it worked last year for four plants, but now we have ten. We had a little mold last year and I'm paranoid about that, although I know why it happened. I think I'll build another room to dry in, but I need to do some homework first.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was enough for me last year and I had a big harvest. TCbud uses them too.. If you hang don't do it nice and even, do it so there is a lot of room between the colas.

I hope it never gets that windy here, although we have wind every evening. I bought a 100'x20' roll of 6 mill plastic at Home Depot. We hold it on with metal woodworking clamps from HD .99 cents each. If it's real windy we roll the plastic up so there isn't as much to catch the wind. The plants are not going anywhere because of the wire around them. When it rains, we lower the plastic, We have wind west to east almost every evening and the hoop houses are oriented east to west to take advantage of the wind, that's all. This is only our second grow so we have a lot to learn. My problem now is how to dry all this. I have a big pole barn with a little shop constructed inside and it worked last year for four plants, but now we have ten. We had a little mold last year and I'm paranoid about that, although I know why it happened. I think I'll build another room to dry in, but I need to do some homework first.

thanks for sharing---if you are getting moldy weed and you can get a fan inside the hoophouse blowing onto ur plants during the day---it will help keep the mold at bay---if you have a high RH---you might consider a dehumidifier at night and/or seal up the house at night---pre-trimming all fan leaves---cutting single branches and hanging on a multiple clothes lines would help get the most out of your drying area in the shortest drying time---if space is still an issue for drying---you might simply consider using the hoop house to dry in---happy trails

@Joken
That one pic looked like Xmas trees. That could make a great Xmas cards. Thats stealth growing.

Man i would love to be able to grow outside like that. Very nice. :cry:

Here it this mornings picture. Today is the 11th day since my original post on this thread. It's a beautiful morning and the first thing I do every day is go have a cup of coffee in the garden. I pruned them a lot about four days ago and it sure doesn't look like it now. There is some sort of magic associated with growing these plants that makes me OCD. Life is good my friends.

Joken
I know growing the plant is a bonding friendship. These plants are almost a loved one. Love the therapy I get from the grow. Then the good medicine I get. It all comes full circle. Hardy little M-FKRS. I just wish that when you get your "Green Card". You should be able to grow your own if you want. The grow is psychologically soothing to me.:joint4:

Any suggestions for a organic bloom fertilizer? Should I start feeding a little? Thanks

I use 0-7-0 Bat guano, but it takes a couple weeks to be available to the plant.. I also use when i have to use Earth Juice Bloom. Good organic line.

How much should I use. Top dress and just scratch it in or?

i use a 500 ml water bottle a for a cup to work it in as a top dressing and just scratch it in---not shy to be using a full 500 ml scoop per plant---it will take time to break down so it's never really too soon to add---your plants health is evident that the myco colony is active---they will thank you for the feed at harvest

I use the Fox farm lineup my self. Don't think they are organic though. I use them and get great results. Very easy to mix too. Using open sesame right now. Will be switching to beastly bloom soon then onto cha ching for the last four weeks. Looks like you are at a similar elevation as I am.

Looking excellent there.

Latest posts

Back