neem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zigggy

Reaction score
hey guys ,,,,I took some clones a few days ago,,,,they seem to be doing ok,,,i noticed the mother plants I took the clones from has some bugs on her,,,so I looked at the clones under a micro scope they have some little critters on them ,,,my ??? is can I spay neem oil on the clones or will that hurt them ,,,thanks in advance for any imput,,,zig

Also, I think you should try to identify the bug before you spray the plants with anything. Different pests can sometimes take different types of treatments...sometimes bugs are beneficial or harmless. For instance, neem oil does little against spider mites. What did your little critters look like? How legs did they have?

thoughts?

:48:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8IGFR-9UI[/ame]

might be age protected content

here is his Comment

SLOWER FUTURE
1 month ago (edited)
This question has been bugging me for some time and I finally got time to do some research. Here are some links homies:

THE FIRST CASE IN 2004: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1774264/

ALBANIAN HARVESTER POISONING: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ill-in-albanian-village-idUSBRE9A00KO20131101

ONE MAN'S PERSONAL STORY: https://steemit.com/cannabis/@thecl...r-s-post-reminded-me-to-post-this-ty-tralawar

NEEM POISONING CASE STUDY:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3841499/

LIST OF OMRI LISTED NEEM PRODUCTS SINCE ~1999:
https://www.omri.org/ubersearch/results/neem?page=6&type[0]=frequent_questions&type[1]=manufacturer&type[2]=page&type[3]=press_release&type[4]=materials_article&type[5]=opd_generic_listing&type[6]=opd_listed_product&type[7]=opd_prohibited_product&type[8]=opd_removed_product

ANOTHER CASE REPORT ON THE PLAUSIBLY MISDIAGNOSED CANNABINOID HYPERMESIS SYNDROME:
https://www.hindawi.com/journals/crim/2012/757696/#B3

I started to notice what looked like bite marks(kinda white spots)the bugs are very small ,,there kinda brown in color with white antenna(don't think there antenna there just on the tops of there heads) ,,,they move quick ,,,unfortunately ive seen these buggers before and the neem seem to killed them off,,,,just got lazy again and need to keep a better eye on the plants ,,,most time I just feed and water them but don't look at the whole plant ,,,,gonna do what umba said and not use the neem till I see roots coming thru the rock wool ,,,,just hope they make it ,,will mist with water till then ,,,,,

Thank you for posting that Joe. I don't use neem I used azamax once. I don't like using oil on my plants anyway. I think that video makes a lot of sense. I had heard about marijuana making folks sick that smoked a lot. I smoke a lot and thankfully have never had this.
The whole organic pesticide thing is difficult. Products that are marked organic with the omri are now being banned. (spinosad)

I am going to hush in a minute, but things that are organic and used for food crops is one thing. You eat a tomato, not smoke it, ya know?

I am down with all the bad about oils and pesties. Organic... natural. Bull.

Not to be rude but my poo poo is organic and natural but I wouldn't want to smear it on my plants and smoke it. I think people associate those 2 words with automatically being "Good". And, it's just not true.

To each his own with killing pests but now that I have used predators, I'll never spray anything again.

Not to go too off topic but I was having a conversation with Mrs Hackerman last night about "natural" and "artificial".

Now, I am no chemist but doesn't it all have to have originated in nature at some point.

Artificial color and flavor. What the heck are they? Artificial color is dye made from some kind of ingredient that came from the earth.

What really IS artificial?

;)

You could say that these things are made from natural substances but if those substances don’t combine naturally to make what you make, then it is probably not natural. From what I read, neem oil is something that you can use during your grow but allow time before harvest for it to dissipate. Fortunately I have not had to battle bugs yet except for the leaf eating caterpillars I had outside last year. I just picked off and squished’m. Didn’t find any in my finished buds.

I suppose after all the DDT and Paraquat that I have smoked and eaten all these years, it's kind of stupid but I have a zero tolerance these days about pesticides and sprays.

I think you need to listen to HG and identify the pest before any kind of treatment.

As far as poison dissipating.....

When I worked for RJ Reynolds and I went to the President of Marketing and I told him that if we told the American people that if they held the smoke in their mouth and let the carcinogens dissipate before they inhaled, that they wouldn't get lung cancer, I told him that they would believe every word.

He fired me.

Guess I should have been working for the pesticide marketing department. ;)

thoughts?

:48:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8IGFR-9UI

might be age protected content

here is his Comment

Very timely for me, Joe, thanks. I'm trying H2O2 spray and that diachoamtaseous (?) earth and Neem was next

Sure is hard to know what to do... contradictions everywhere in this growing stuff... Previous post, neem doesn't work on spidermites, this post, neem used regularly for spidermites,..

it will hurt them if they aren't showing roots yet

This strikes me as a really stupid question but that hasn't stopped me before:
How the hell does a clone NOT show roots?

Thank you for posting that Joe. I don't use neem I used azamax once. I don't like using oil on my plants anyway. I think that video makes a lot of sense. I had heard about marijuana making folks sick that smoked a lot. I smoke a lot and thankfully have never had this.
The whole organic pesticide thing is difficult. Products that are marked organic with the omri are now being banned. (spinosad)

I am going to hush in a minute, but things that are organic and used for food crops is one thing. You eat a tomato, not smoke it, ya know?

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This is crazy, (quote) Spinosad is a natural insecticide. The active ingredients in spinosad, spinosyn A and spinosyn D, are complex organic compounds made by soil microbes.
In other words, kids in playgrounds eat it.

[/FONT]

This strikes me as a really stupid question but that hasn't stopped me before:
How the hell does a clone NOT show roots?

LOL--some cuts simply do not grow roots. This can happen for a variety of reasons--air embolism, too hot, too cold, too moist, too dry, etc, etc. Do you get 100% of your cuts to root? If so, that is quite impressive.

LOL--some cuts simply do not grow roots. This can happen for a variety of reasons--air embolism, too hot, too cold, too moist, too dry, etc, etc. Do you get 100% of your cuts to root? If so, that is quite impressive.

It hit me a little later... d'uh
I'm still not sure where I was coming from with that, it's a little troubling,
I think I must have been thinking about transplanting or maybe a senior's moment but I think it's probably really just drug abuse.

I am a huge predator fan and probably shared most of the links people use here. I have been told by the commercial growers in this part of Cali, I am the only 1 doing it. They all spray preemptive on a schedule. 1 week with neem oil. Not just bugs but pm and a host of other scary things. They give the plants enough time to clear all the spray residue before harvest so when its tested, its good. But if they tested it during the grow or early flowering, they would all fail.

pappy, lmao
umbra, interesting. thanks!

in ten or so years of growing, only one year we had some small flies in the soil. mostly never have bugs indoors and attribute it to a very clean area. we always shop vac excess water, feed and soil over flow.
outdoors have had plenty of bugs and caterpillars. htg always recommended DR. DOOM. and it always worked well. they said it is very safe but am not sure on this.

I went 8 years without having bugs outside. The last two years were horrible. OUr temps tomorrow night are supposed to be 13 degrees. I hope that kills them as it has been quite warm and maybe they will be susceptible to the cold now.

I read somewhere that if you live in places hot like i do you need to plant or have a bit of a cover crop for the beneficials to live. Clover was suggested. It is a dance I do with organic pesticides and expensive beneficial insects. It seems i have product in the end but it is sure stressful grow. I hope none of you ever meet a russet mite.

Latest posts

Back