11 watt, fluro work light good enuff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_devil_90

da devil
Reaction score
im fairly new to growing indoors, and im in a state that isnt very pro marijuana lol i have 1 lil guy outdoors, isnt lookin very well due to weather of l8 nd 1 inside (only a seedling) i've got in a cupboard measurements not sure but due to years of pro stoner i have a lil idea wat im doin but i dnt know if a energy saving 11 watt work fluro light and a normal 75 watt bulb will be sufficient for now, lookin into aquarium lights nd a flood light, jus an emergency move that i need it to work for now lol cheers guys

hey devil an 11w fluro is not going to be nearly enough light, wat you really want to get is a high pressure sodium or metal halide light but they can be expensive, another alternative would be using fluorescent bulbs or cfl's, but you would need to get at least 5 or 6 150w cfls if i were you i would check out the grow guides and diy(do it yourself) section they should help you out with a lot of your questions and we can help you with the rest. good luck man

Yer man that's exactly wat I thought lol, jus confirming, im not lookin for a proper indoor setup till at least the end of the mnth cuz ill be moving nd dnt want the hastles of a stealth move lol that's y im jus gettin an aquarium light, cuz they have the right light spectrums 4 now till I move nd a flood light mainly for heat.

if you plan on keeping it in a cupboard i would use cfl's 2-3 around it and with enough ventilation it will stay nice and small with tight nodes

Wats the cheapest I could get cfls at? I haven't rly looked in to cfls much. Nd yes I am at a loss with lighting lol I have done the research jus hasn't rly clicked if u kno2w wat I mean

dude you can get like a pack of three of the 23 watt cfl,s at walmart for like $6.00. real cheap. look anywhere like walmart, target, home depot, lowes, heck any store that sells light bulbs has them. just look for the one with the highest watt. usually the 23 watt which is a 100 watt equivalent bulb is the biggest one you will see it either of those places, or just look online for bigger ones. whats weird is the crappy light sockets cost double of the price of the bulbs though.

I have to pipe in here and say someth'n... don't go with the stupid little CFL's... go with the 42w or greater jobbies... cost me like... $90 CAD for 5 at the Home Depot... Daylight bulbs is what I use... in both flower and veg :cool:

sunlightsupply sells a 150 w CFL that puts out 7900 intial lumens. They are pretty bright I use one in my producer and it is about 4'x3'x3'.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
I have to pipe in here and say someth'n... don't go with the stupid little CFL's... go with the 42w or greater jobbies... cost me like... $90 CAD for 5 at the Home Depot... Daylight bulbs is what I use... in both flower and veg :cool:

:yeahthat:....................but personally i would do it the CVG WAY....... they are way more effective. just depends on how good you want your goods to be. like they say buy cheap, grow cheap.

da_devil_90 said:
Wats ur grow rate like vancouver guy? Jus outa interest lol

u tell me, smart guy...

which grow r u refering to?... I've got a few in threads here... and others I never "documented"... why?

If you can find, get a 90W self ballast MH lamp from Phillips, does wonders, cheap and useful if you need to use it on other applications in the future. A seedling may survive with 30W CFL lamps with 70lm/watt though if you can not get a MH lamp just buy one and add up to five as plant grows.

Impressive vancouver guy, im not rly an indoor grower so I neva claimed 2 know much bout it, jus a bit curious nd had an emergency move, weather sux ay. I have tried it indoors b4 and failed miserabley, outdoors I've had a diff story. I knew my original question was outrageous nd pretty stupid but it all I have 2 work with for a few wks till I get off work. 7 day job outa town, on site.

da_devil_90 said:
im fairly new to growing indoors, and im in a state that isnt very pro marijuana lol i have 1 lil guy outdoors, isnt lookin very well due to weather of l8 nd 1 inside (only a seedling) i've got in a cupboard measurements not sure but due to years of pro stoner i have a lil idea wat im doin but i dnt know if a energy saving 11 watt work fluro light and a normal 75 watt bulb will be sufficient for now, lookin into aquarium lights nd a flood light, jus an emergency move that i need it to work for now lol cheers guys

You might as well unplug the normal 75W bulb, it is doing nothing for your plants. If I were you, I would check into a 150W HPS--they will cost you less than CFLs.

Thx 2 every1's help, I know it was a stupid question so thx for bearing wiff me. In a few wks there will be close to a proper set up in my grow area.

econo-light.com 150watt hps for 32 dollars shipped to your door. all you would need is a plug, just cut a drop cord male end off and wire it up. Simple just color match the wires( black on black, white on white, green on green). maybe 40 dollars on everything, cant get no cheaper than that. And if you only got one plant it will be fine thru the whole grow. thats my opinion

Latest posts

Back