Adding nutes with DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
When I change my res, should I have the airstones on mixng as I add nutes and or ph up or down and then wait to get a reading? I had my ph change in like ten mins last night.

Yes I leave my airstones on 24/7

When I mix my nutes and adjust my ph, I then let them sit and aerate for 24 hours. Retest and adjust then put the nutes in my system

pcduck said:
Yes I leave my airstones on 24/7

When I mix my nutes and adjust my ph, I then let them sit and aerate for 24 hours. Retest and adjust then put the nutes in my system
I am not sure I am following this correctly. Do you have seperatw buckwt and airstones you mix in, then wait until its right to switch buckets?

I mix in a seperate bucket w/o an airstone. First i add the volume of water,then add micro, stir and let sit 5 min. then add grow, let sit 5 min. then add bloom, sit 5 min. then add any micro or not. check ph, adjust and let sit half hour. then adjust again if needed.

Well I juwt transplanted last night and what I did was add the nutes to each res, adjusted for ph and then left it there with the stones going for like two hrs. Then went back, readjusted my PH and put the little babies in. I hope I am not screwing (learning) things up already. I have the nutes really low like 160 ppms. Temps are 76f at plant tops go good ventalation, good little breeze blowing on them... I hope they are still happy when I check on them today. Its kinda like sending your kids off to their first day of school, I miss them and hope they feel good! Another question, what is a suitable temp range for the res?

Shockeclipse said:
I am not sure I am following this correctly. Do you have seperatw buckwt and airstones you mix in, then wait until its right to switch buckets?

Yep that is what I do I run 6 buckets with 3 gallons each so I premix and ph my solution. Let that 18 gallons aerate for 24 hours before retesting and readjusting if needed. My ph always seems to rise after 24 hours of aeration. Then I put 3 gallons into each bucket.

Latest posts

Back