Movin to the Green State of Cali.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deathsmile said:
Um... here:

That measurement is refereeing to a grow box i had previously mentioned a post or so above, not a room size.

Its in inches, so its 6ft tall, 3ft wide, and 2ft deep. It has an adjustable bottom try to move the plants high to the light if need be.
Sweet, my bad.

A comment here from an Outdoor grower,

People in Cali that grow seriously, outdoor, some are still sitting on last falls buds, waiting on the price to go up.

GOOD NEWS, the price has gone from 1000 to 1100 in the last month.

Good luck to you.

:rofl:

price goes up for 4/20 lol

itll drop again. local clubs doing 4.20$ a gram

I started reading more posts from OP asking about autos, fem seeds, 150w hps, co2 covering smells...??? :confused:

My advice: Start reading. A LOT OF READING and do many many (countless neverending 12 hour research days) searches to help answer your questions. If you cant find answers we are happy to help. :) If your looking to allocate. You will eventually be spending thousand$ on your grow.

If you dont want to do all that work. Purchase a 400w hps light off craigslist and some one time use ona gel packs. The try soil. then sell the light on craigslist when your done. In Cali you can find everything you need to start off CL

I only asked about the exact definition on the term autos. I was wondering about your guesses experiences with seed bank seeds, and had only mentioned a 150watt light when i was told my 400watt wouldnt be enough...

And the CO2 was just my own exhaustion, my insomnia has been kicking back into gear.

Im not looking to make super huge crazy bank out of this. Ill be living rent free and will only have to pick up my half of utilities, food, and gas. So after that is paid everything else will be +profit for me.

I kindve want to start a paper note book with tips, hints, ratios, key steps, and overall anything i can about this whole process before i start so i can refer to it as i go.

@OGkush, thats a good point, living in FL right now doesnt offer the best run of supplies to get nor does it offer the open arms and resources to use to help you along the way.

Ya death I can't answer any questions about autos or hydros, I'm real old school, and just try and keep it real simple.I mostly grow from seed I produce myself. I grow in a soiless medium and add basically the manufacturer's recommened dose of chemical nutrients, just recently I decided to screw things up and I've made some changes. I've started amending my soiless with some goodies, a guy on here called novellechef has been very helpfull with recipes etc., Anyway, i found that I didn't need the full 7 foot hight and put Florecents on the bottom of the upper shelf where i put starts.

Im looking forward to reading peoples grow journals and systems. This takes me back when i was in the salt water aquarium game, now that was some tricky stuff. And wayyy more expensive.

Once i start im going to try and keep a nice detailed grow log as well as daily pictures to try and make sure if something goes wrong i can look back and try to narrow it down.

I'll throw in my two cents worth. Everyone in this thread knows exactly what they're saying, dude. I'm one who got in the SoCal dispensary game as a grower and believe me, it changed so fast it made my head spin. If you think you're going to waltz in without any serious connections and start stacking up the cash, you better think again.

When I started, we were getting $4,000/lb for really good indoor Bubba. Now the same people who were paying that are offering less than half. The truth is, there are just too many players. The market is flooded with herb.

another thing to consider Deathsmile is that a small grow will probably not produce the weight you might be thinking. a 2'x3' space might handle 2 plants, and if you are real lucky for your first grows you might see 1 oz from each plant. the few QP plants i've grown would each individually fill a space like that easily. personally, i think a new grower lucky when they get more than a 1/2 oz of finished product from each plant; more from some autos because they are a bit easier. i've averaged (and i'm no pro) maybe 1.25 oz from each auto i've grown. so to you fit 2 autos into a 2x3 space for 2 months, then deduct your electricity & supplies overhead, you might net maybe an average of 1 oz a month. have to assume that you'd smoke some of that stash, leaving a kinda small balance of any #1 grade prime bud for a dispensary. i know nothing of the dispensry supply chain, but it had better be some REALLY prime bud to hold anyone's attention for that amount, you know? also need to factor in that you can't sell it to dispensaries at full retail price...

folks with dispensary experience know MUCH more about that market than i do. but i'd say get to Cali, chill and get comfortable with a small grow for your own stash, then revisit the idea with a fresh perspective.

best wishes to you though - you are not alone in a plan to move to Cali at least... heh...

I took the doors off my grow closet, thought i'd show you what i did with the space. The one lady plant is a BLZ x super silver haze, hopefully i like it,I have 9 females.

P1080357.JPG

P1080358.JPG

That looks great skagit, you better love it for 9 females.
They look very happy in there. nice. Congrats.

I am just stating my opinion with no intention to stunt ur growth.... (no pun intended):ignore:

FLOODED MARKET!!!! MAYBE TRY ANOTHER "GREEN" STATE. :doh:

AT ANY CASE GOOD LUCK IN UR FORTUNES I AM BORN AND BRED SC, CA. SO JUST GIVING U THE 411. PEACE.

Thanks for all the posts/comments guys.

Ive arrived in Cali a few days ago. I ******* love it here. Its just like where i lived in FL but the weather is better and theres actually mountains here.

I guess i should give you guys some updates:

-Well ill start off by saying, i dont smoke weed. At all. Its just not for me, im more behind the actual medical use of it by others, i have no problem with people who smoke, just not my thing.

-Im in the midst of looking for a 3/2 house to move into with my sister in august. Once we get there i will have a whole room to use to start my operation.

-My sisters friend is actually a grower and he let me in his grow room and showed me how he set everything up and is teaching me a lot. He let me help him trim about 3 plants worth so i have a decent concept of that portion of this when i get there.

Now that i have a whole room to use and the full green light from my "roomie" to go at it, im thinking of different set ups to get this running to full effeciency.

Im thinking something like this, but im sure im not thinking it fully through:

I want to have a small closet type space to keep around 10-12 plants in veg stage at all times. Then id like to set up 2 Flowering rooms. Maybe 5-6 plants each with 400watt lamps on them. I want to start one room 1 month ahead of the other.

My theory is every month ill have 5-6 plants ready for harvest, ill replace them with my veg plants and then trim and dry. A month later the 2nd flower room will be ready and ill havest them.

In theroy every month ill be harvesting from plants and replacing my Veg plants, in which each set of new veg plants will have 2months to grow before flowering if need be.

I know its a wall of txt and im sorry about that. Im trying to think of material and ways to build non-support walls in the bedroom to seperate them, or would i just need to put the plants from flower room 1 and flower room 2 in different watering trays, because theyre both flowering the light schedule will be the same.

Thanks for everything guys!!

Would 1 HPS 1000watt light be enough for 10-12 plants then?

Deathsmile said:
Would 1 HPS 1000watt light be enough for 10-12 plants then?
Questions like that dont have an answer. How big is the room? How tall are the plants? How wide is the grow area? you can answer these questiona using a simple formula: Lum/Sq Ft

1000wt HPS- 140,000 lumens

say u have a 10x10 room. Thats 100sqft. Only 1400lum/sqft. Need at least 5-1000 watters for a 10x10 prison cell.

strive for 7500 lum/sq ft or more to achieve a dense bud. now the choice is yours on lighting needd for your application.

QUOTE Well ill start off by saying, i dont smoke weed. At all. Its just not for me, im more behind the actual medical use of it by others, i have no problem with people who smoke, just not my thing.

I don't feel you, if it's not your thing you probably don't have the passion to grow medical grade from any strain!!! that's marijuana passion!!! Seriously I mean no disrespect. I've been a novice hobby grower for years, I germinated my first seed in the 60s, and I'm absolutely humbled by the grows I've seen on here and other sites, if I didn't smoke my own weed, I can tell you with certainty!!!, I'd never get rich on it. My ego gets shattered everytime I browse the threads, i can't even say, start out by doin a little personal grow, It ain't your thing.

SKAGITMAGIC said:
QUOTE Well ill start off by saying, i dont smoke weed. At all. Its just not for me, im more behind the actual medical use of it by others, i have no problem with people who smoke, just not my thing.

I don't feel you, if it's not your thing you probably don't have the passion to grow medical grade from any strain!!! that's marijuana passion!!! Seriously I mean no disrespect. I've been a novice hobby grower for years, I germinated my first seed in the 60s, and I'm absolutely humbled by the grows I've seen on here and other sites, if I didn't smoke my own weed, I can tell you with certainty!!!, I'd never get rich on it. My ego gets shattered everytime I browse the threads, i can't even say, start out by doin a little personal grow, It ain't your thing.

I used to smoke about 5 years ago, ive just fallin out of it. The only reason i stopped is due to my best friend Over Dosing on everything we did together. After that, i just kicked all drugs and stuck with it.

I do have a passion for it, but our passions might be a bit different. I plan on being in the medical field, nursing, doctor, nuclear medicine, **** i was already an EMT.

When i say i want to grow medical marijuana, i do want to. I want to do it because i know and believe in how it helps people with pain and all other alliments. Just because im new to growing doesnt mean i dont have a passion. Im behind the movement in general, i cant help i wasnt born earlier to help start the cause, only carry on the fight.

On a completly different note. My buddies friend just broke down his grow room. I scored some free trays and a 5ft carbon filter, along with all the other items from my buddy i built this grow closet in about an hour on a whim.

Im going to run a 1000watt HPS Vertically not horizontally. Im going to have 3 plants and weave them in my scrog like vines up a wall instead of flat across. I have a few more things to finish befor i get the plants in. The plants are coming out of my friends veg stash so i will be getting 3 plants that are 2-3ft tall i believe.

room.jpg

I wish you all the luck in the world, Green MOJO, I wish it all for ya, the proof is in the puddin,bring it on.

Welcome! I live in a repressed state that has not opened it's eyes to the wonderful effects of MJ. Medicinally and socially. I wish you good luck. you are going to do a lot of good for alot of people. I think that is very honorable and don't let anyone ever tell you different!

Latest posts

Back