}=[.rock][.AP0ll0.XIII.SAT1VA][.soMANGO][.wool}---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thorn said:
WOW nice growing man!!! Mind if I take a seat??:ccc:

FaCultGen said:
sup loveit... nice to see your still around somewhere

hey you guys, welcome, there's plenty of room onboard for everyone, thorn, so come on along for the ride :D facultgen, nice to see you stop in- make yourselves comfy, it's going to be a while lol

just a little update: started ionic grow nutes a couple days ago, and my babies are in their third week. i added black plastic to cover the tops of the rockwool, because algae had started to form... should be no problem now :cool:

algae block.jpg

schedule.jpg

mixed 6L of fresh 5.8h2o and enough ionic grow to register ec1.2 on the ol wand, and dunked em. they've been growing from seed for 3 weeks and a day. this takes forever.

i bet you won't hear me say that again for quite some time, though ;)

i've been thinkin how to rebuild my grow area into a more permanent stealth set up. i spent a lot of time cutting out sections of the walls; the first stages of adding an adjoined veg/clone chamber. i'm expanding the current space i'm using now for veg just enough to accomodate 9 flowering females with a 600hps bulb (it's slightly larger than 3'x3'). today i was able to clean it all out and re-orient my 400w mh agrosun gold.

i had a look at the sprouts every so often while i worked, of course. i'd do a double-take and swear they just grew a quarter-inch in 45min... definitely hittin a stride. at lights-out all were working on pushing out their 3rd set of spears, and there's been a root or two to breach the hulls of most of the cubes.

i loosened their collars as well- don't want to irritate the base of the trunks.

a step back.jpg

roots.jpg

open collar.jpg

the crop.jpg

looking good, nice call on the room improvment. Keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

moved lights from 2 feet to 8 inches from tips of plants 3 days ago.

just completed the 1st week of ec 1.2, and they are looking a little hungry now, so i'll up the feed to 1.4 this week.

re-sealed the enlarged room today. my hope is this raises the temp 10-15 deg F, after having endured a week of cooler than ideal temps. i expect this will make the babies better stand at attention. may take another day or two to complete the door and little details...

roots are beginning to fill out- top to bottom. if you have never seen this before, and wonder just how close to the top edge of the cubes they really will grow... well, let's just say, if you think there'll be any wasted space, see the pics below to fill in the gaps. note also in the closeup below how the base of the trunk is split. all of them are like this- literally bursting at the seams with new growth:

chart.jpg

room.jpg

roots.jpg

gaps.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

trio.jpg

if they start dying superthive can sometimes save your grow great grow wanna see them bud be looking out

luke said:
if they start dying superthive can sometimes save your grow great grow wanna see them bud be looking out

thanks luke, i'll be upping the nutes, but this particular method is simple and elegant- there is no need for superthrive. i've had quite enough of monkeying around with adding a little of this or a little of that... now that the leaves are showing a little yellow, i will simply increase the ec value of the ionic, and the results will be perfect- you'll see ;)

Looks great. Wish I could keep stuff alive in a dro system. Love the root shot. Nice and white, good and healthy:D.

bombbudpuffa said:
Looks great. Wish I could keep stuff alive in a dro system. Love the root shot. Nice and white, good and healthy:D.

thanks bbp, i'm glad you stopped in- stand by to see how bomb these buds turn out. this method is idiot proof, so you might want to give it try- i'm certainly the farthest thing from a horticultural genius :spit:

today, most of the 11 plants have roots like the ones pictured below, and some are even coming out the top of one cube lol

foliage has filled out a good bit in the past 2 days, with the fourth node of spear leaves unfurling on all of them, and the couple that were showing some yellowing seem to be stabilized after 1.4ec yesterday and today, and i bet i'll see them become greener tomorrow or the next day.

air temperature in the room has gone up about 7 deg F, and after i complete a door, i think it will settle at 80-85 deg F.

roots1.jpg

roots2.jpg

roots3.jpg

sideangle.jpg

topview.jpg

?somangos.jpg

?apollos.jpg

mellowyellow.jpg

looking very good bro, about another 2-3 weeks until bloom. GJ keep it up.

Thanks
SALT

Looking pretty good my friend. I cant wait to start a hydro setup when I move. Great job with those. Keep us posted on your progress. I will be watching this one. Good luck and take care.

lowing is grow. It was kind of funny me and my brother were just sain we have never seen anyone grow any soma seeds and then we seen your journal. Plus we are thinking about getting some Apollo 13 sativa. Good luck with your grow and I will be watching

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
I'm assuming the new cover helps?

yes, the impact it had on temperature control was profound. everything clicked from then on!

smokybear said:
Looking pretty good my friend. I cant wait to start a hydro setup when I move. Great job with those. Keep us posted on your progress. I will be watching this one. Good luck and take care.

thanks smokybear- see below for current pics, we're now at the start of week 3 of 12/12, so things are movin along now.

BeachWeed420 said:
lowing is grow. It was kind of funny me and my brother were just sain we have never seen anyone grow any soma seeds and then we seen your journal. Plus we are thinking about getting some Apollo 13 sativa. Good luck with your grow and I will be watching

cool! i'll be sure to post a smoke report here at the end for everyone's benefit- too bad you have to live vicariously, right? ...if we could only share more than a report :D

added a third cube to the bottoms because the hydro store didn't have my slabs!! oh well. there are 7 plants flowering now, i've built a new flowering room and added a 600w hps. i'm giving em 1.8ec ionic bloom now, and will soon add boost. check the pics!

side two new.JPG

side two.jpg

side one.JPG

from below.jpg

cotton.jpg

muscular.JPG

just budz 1.JPG

just budz 2.jpg

just budz 3.JPG

clones.jpg

Things are coming along quite nicely, I see. Great work. This thread is getting me more excited to move so I can finally do hydro. Keep the great pics coming. Take care and be safe.

Wow nice stuff. Like it better than Coco I assume? Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

smokybear said:
Things are coming along quite nicely, I see. Great work. This thread is getting me more excited to move so I can finally do hydro. Keep the great pics coming. Take care and be safe.

snuggles said:
Wow nice stuff. Like it better than Coco I assume? Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

thanks guys, i'm pleased with how things are developing :farm:

smokyb i think you will like the simplicity of this system. snugg, i will say that so far, it has been easier for me than coco was. to be honest, i may try coco to see if i can figure out how to reap it's benefits... so far, good results seem easier to achieve for a beginner in rockwool, rather than coco.

Nice grow bro, your techneac look familiar....LOL

Latest posts

Back