hi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstimer

firstimer
Reaction score
hi im firstimer and was introduced to growing by my ex but now hes gone im still trying to keep up the hobby so first thing i need is a light cheap, got any ideals?

:welcome: wally world has some usable flouros (plant and aquarium light) that'll work to get started, but you may wana save up for a small HPS for flowering. good luck! :48:

Lowes used to have the 250 watt security lights for $75 but last time I was there I couldn't find them. Try ebay for ballast I can repost the serial in minute I go check.

walmart has the security light your talking about dude. i i didnt know you could use them for growing. hmmm maybe il pick one up for the veg box

if you need cheap lights u can get 10$ 24 inch flouros at walmart they are aquarium/grow lights and you can veg/flower with them.. its a good starter kit.... hope this helps

:yeahthat: thems the ones i started out with! :D

dr_toker81 said:
if you need cheap lights u can get 10$ 24 inch flouros at walmart they are aquarium/grow lights and you can veg/flower with them.. its a good starter kit.... hope this helps

thanks can i use these through the whole prosses till i can save up for a good light

hello and welcome :peace:

yes you can use them for a complete grow ,,just make sure you have enough lumens per sq ft (minumum of 5000 per sq ft)
people will tell you hps for flowering ,,but untill you get one ive seen some great grows with flos and cfls :peace: you have begun on a neverending journey that u wont want to end :D

Latest posts

Back