hello from Florida

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokster

Reaction score
been growing for about 28 years. mainly outside, inside for a couple years and couldnt control the white flies. joined up to learn how to make hash with my males. volcano smoker since christmas and love it. looks like some great info on this site. i'll post so pictures of some plants im putting in the ground tonight

welcome to mp

i don't think males can be used to make hash. since they don't have resin glands as the females do. jmt good luck and enjoy the site

you might be able to make some weak iso oil from your males but i wouldn't expect it to be very strong since males produce very little THC

Kimmol said:
nice, what part of florida ya from?
north/central.

i just didnt know what to do with the males. in the past, ive just put um in the mulch pile, but i was hoping i could make something good out of them

Welcome--lots of us Floridians around here. If you could, please barracade I-75 next fall when the snowbirds flock back down. Could ya? Actually, if you could just block the left hand lane that would cut down on probably 85% of them--those people just don't wanna drive in that right lane, do they? It's like a God given right to drive in any lane they choose. They, by-God, pay taxes (somewhere, not in here Florida though) and they'll by-God drive in that left lane. As my dad used to say when he got old and cantankerous and someone wanted to get by: I'm doing 60; he doesn't need to go any faster'n that.:rolleyes:

Oh no, I just jacked your thread to beat up on tourists. How Florida of me, huh? Welcome.

thanks for the welcome guys. waspfire, i bet your close to me

Hick said:
welcome aboard smokster..

and pencil....only two words for you .... "hanging chads"..
HAAAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA.....

After the 2000 debacle, we'd certainly hang him if we could find him. I think he's gone to the matresses with Catherine Harris. ;)

Welcome, Smokester - to the site and Florida! It's time to think about hurricane shutters (I put mine up today). It's also time for a test run of the generator :). Stay out of the way of the fire ants or they will teach you some respect real quick. Buy a case of 40% (the highest legal limit) deet mosquito spray, you'll need it (esp if you're growing outside) and it's cheaper by the case.

ArtVandolay said:
Welcome, Smokester - to the site and Florida! It's time to think about hurricane shutters (I put mine up today). It's also time for a test run of the generator :). Stay out of the way of the fire ants or they will teach you some respect real quick. Buy a case of 40% (the highest legal limit) deet mosquito spray, you'll need it (esp if you're growing outside) and it's cheaper by the case.

The mosquitoes are so big where Art lives, you can hear them coming. Big old black buggers that'll squish when you nail one. We get those little sneaky mothers that you don't even know they're there until you're itching like mad. Ah, the glamorous sub-tropics.

smokster, welcome to MP.

the mosquitos here arent too big here but i made a mistake of exercising on the trail that circles Lk Okeechobee. i swear they are so big the hairs on their legs were braided. they werent buzzing, they saw me (an easy meal) and it sounded like "mmmmmmmmmmm".

anyway, there is a section on making hash here have a look around. ive never made it so i cant comment on making it.

Bubble Bags (Bubble Hash) they have screens @ the bottom and each bag has a smaller mesh screen. this seems to me to be the easiest and best way to make use of unsmokeables. the bags cost $$$ but i hear they are worth it.
@ bubblebag.com 1 gal 4 bag set $100 ---- 1 gal 8 bag set $140
5 gal 4 bag set $175 ---- 5 gal 8 bag set $280

PencilHead said:
... We get those little sneaky mothers that you don't even know they're there until you're itching like mad. Ah, the glamorous sub-tropics.

Sounds like you're talking about my 2nd favorite bug, the no-see-um :). They're especially suited to FL since they're so small they can fly right through screens. :) It only burns and itches for a few days, though :)

Latest posts

Back