Starting Anew.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a rice wash today. I let it sit out for 45 minutes after soaking it with good tap water. Stuck it in a tupaware dish with lid loose. Not sure if labs are supposed to be made in an aerobic or anaerobic environment. I left lid open a bit. Is this proper way to create a lab? After this I am going to put it with 10:1 milk:whey culture? Then extract middle layer correct? Throw the curds in compost pile? Does this middle layer have to be aerobic or anaerobic? Hoping I can seal it. Want to put this in my fridge. What is application rate with this stuff?

Lactic Acid Bacteria are anaerobic. Before adding tap water to anything with microbes, let it sit out for 24 hr to let the chlorine out gas, otherwise it will kill the LAB. Fridge is not required. it is going to smell some. I do about 4 oz into a gal.

The fridge will let it stay good for 1 yr. Its only for storage. Thank you didn't k ow I was anaerobic. My water is 60ppm 7.1ph with Zero addittives. The water company put out report saying we put absolutely nothing In your water. Its from natural spring I believe.

The fridge will let it stay good for 1 yr. Its only for storage. Thank you didn't k ow I was anaerobic. My water is 60ppm 7.1ph with Zero addittives. The water company put out report saying we put absolutely nothing In your water. Its from natural spring I believe.
No chlorine or fluoride?

So, is your water stored in a tank?

Is it safe to drink?

I'm not trying to beat you up or nothing plasma. But its hard to believe that the city uses water that has not been treated at all.
Maybe you guys got great city water.
I can smell stuff in mine. So far the plants haven't shown signs of not liking it.
*edit. After reading umbras post about chlorine and microbes I should let my water sit a day or so before using.

Nope letter from water district says our deep well water has no additives or chemicals of any kind. 2000 people drink from it. I am in mountains and yes there are 2 tanks.

Latest posts

Back