Opinions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joken

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a greenhouse next year. I have been growing in the ground and am wondering if I should keep doing that in the greenhouse or use some sort of containers? I'll be putting the GH in the same spot I'm growing now.

They way your garden looks I would leave them in the ground. Adding compost between growing seasons will naturally raise the ground level

So your going to build the Greenhouse over your garden? I misread,i thought it was a separate project. Sorry.

There are a lot of differences in greenhouses....what are you thinking of buying? Remember that greenhouses can get very hot. If you plan on using it all season, you will need some great ventilation for the hot days. I was surprised that even my little plastic greenhouse can get over 100 degrees inside with sunny 75-80 degree days. It will extend your season if you need that though.

Yes,,my neighbors greenhouse cant be used in the summer because it gets to hot. He keeps his Anuals in it during the winter months. Stuff he doesnt want to freeze. But its to hot outside in texas,,much less in a greenhouse. I want a greenhouse to grow in,,in the winter and extend my growing season.

i must say; i think your polly tunnels are fine..
guess it depends how fancy of a greenhouse we're talking, but it seems like kind of a lateral move IMO. unless you intent to extend your season, i see no other real benefit for the cost.

Latest posts

Back