What can I expect with 8 square feet?? Just ballpark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeStar21

Reaction score
I am wondering about the yield I will get. I am growing in a place that has 8 square feet. 2 feet by 4 feet by 8 feet tall. I am growing in Soil I turned to 12/12 when they were 2 feet tall. Now they 2 weeks left flowering and are 3 feet tall. Does anyone know what I can expect. I think they didn't double in height when I turned to flowering b/c they were rootbound at the begining but I solved that problem. I left the light on when i took the pic. You also can't see the other two are hiding in the right corner.

DSCF00sdfsdf06.JPG

how many lights are you using. if you use both red and blue spectruims of light you will get not only big buds but big and dense buds. which relates to more yield.

SmokeStar21 said:
I am wondering about the yield I will get. I am growing in a place that has 8 square feet. 2 feet by 4 feet by 8 feet tall. I am growing in Soil I turned to 12/12 when they were 2 feet tall. Now they 2 weeks left flowering and are 3 feet tall. Does anyone know what I can expect. I think they didn't double in height when I turned to flowering b/c they were rootbound at the begining but I solved that problem. I left the light on when i took the pic. You also can't see the other two are hiding in the right corner.
Hey SmokeStar, there's no tellin what your weight will be. The last two weeks add a lot of weight. You'll love it.

That's some SWEET lookin bud. Congrats! Can I come over and help you grade it?

smokestar,
what lights are you using?

tallslim,
i want to grow in a closet 8x6x2. i'm into the sea of green and i'm going to have two shelves for flowering. i'm looking at 150 watt hps for each shelf (they throw 9 sq. ft. of light). i thought hps was most efficient overall for flowering. will i want blue spectrum as well for this stage? i'm confused.

I am using a 400 watt HPS. I heard everything from 2 to 12 ounces.

Yield is dependant on too many factors to accurately estimate your yeild. The strain, temp, nutes and a lot of other individual factors will vary so I would just wait and enjoy whatever you get. The only way you'll be able to estimate how much you'll get is by experience in similar, repetitive grows. I avg a little over an oz per sq ft with soil. I think you have a very pleasing harvest ahead of you.

This is my first grow and I just can't wait anymore it is unbearable. The eight week mark is coming up and I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. Yeah, I know what you mean. You just gotta have patience and trust your methods. if you think its agonizing waiting for your plants indoors, try waiting on it outdoors. Months longer.

SmokeStar21 said:
Sorry Stoney I live In CA and you live in Southeast
I'll walk really, really fast. How many days do I have? I'm startin right now!

SmokeStar21 said:
This is my first grow and I just can't wait anymore it is unbearable. The eight week mark is coming up and I just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yo SmokeStar, don't forget, you have to dry it properly and then cure it for at least 5 years......

Hahhahaahahahaha! You're gonna smoke some as soon as you harvest. Just like all of us do.

Hahahahahaha

To Rush,
The Hortilux Blue 400-watt, metal halide bulb provides near-perfect replication of natural sunlight with more of the blue spectrum than other brands. With a blue-, green-, and red-light ratio similar to that of the sun, the Hortilux Blue Bulb enhances vegetation and optimizes overall plant quality. IF you are going to invest in a single, high performance bulb, this is the one for promoting compact vegetative growth on a consistent basis.

29,000 lumens in the Horizontal burn position
boasts a 12,000-hour life.

I hate to say I just clipped off a small bud tonight and smoked it. Oh and here are some better pics,.

(Flower week 7) 02.20.06.jpg

(Flower week 7) 02.20.06 (3).JPG

(Flower week 7) 02.20.06 (1).JPG

fantastic first grow!!! congrats

nice colas. beautiful smokestar21

If you think your buds look big now just wait. they should look twice the size

Latest posts

Back