Good Babies??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a little self reassurance this morning before I'm off to work. This is 4 days after transplanting into MG. WAS watering every other day, now 2x/day. Just water.

JLo is pictured first. little yellowing of the bottom (first set above the little rounded set) New growth is coming in green with some red streaking in the stems.

Runway is much happier with this light arrangement. Not too far behind now, and got the kink out of her back. All green here. bottom rounded leaves (name please?) are yellowing.

DSC06359.JPG

DSC06360.JPG

[quote=benamucc]Just a little self reassurance this morning before I'm off to work. This is 4 days after transplanting into MG. WAS watering every other day, now 2x/day. Just water.

be careful not to overwater, it happens so often. Too much moisture in ur soil will also lead to negative effects on the plant and invite pests.
]

I was told that once every other day was not enough watering, and I should do it 2x a day with little amounts. I dig my finger about 2inches down to check moisture. I repotted into a non nuted soil and bigger pots. I'll post some pics in a day or 2 and bring this up to speed...

benamucc said:
I was told that once every other day was not enough watering, and I should do it 2x a day with little amounts. I dig my finger about 2inches down to check moisture. I repotted into a non nuted soil and bigger pots. I'll post some pics in a day or 2 and bring this up to speed...

As you grow you will find that there is no specific regimen that works all the time. You just have to pay attention and know what to look for.

Ok...I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that this grow will not happen in any record times. The time of this grow might even reach the rediculous stage. If you've been reading from the begining of the journal it's amazing to see how far they've come!!

However, I haven't killed the plants, am growing some new leaves, and am now in Baccto Lite Premium Potting soil with 20% perlite. No long term nutes!! They're in bigger pots, and seem to be happy. I started to see some burn in the MG, and bailed since these are my only 2 plants. Safe than sorry and all that...

Can anyone tell me what these little leaves in by the stem are? Good news?? Should be able to zoom it too, if not please let me know!!

DSC06372.JPG

DSC06369.JPG

DSC06366.JPG

Very excited, I finally have seen an explosion in the growth. After transplanting and giving 2 separate feedings of big bloom. I've been watering 1 day, drying 1, feeding 1, and drying. Since it's 45% hum. in the gr the soil dries quickly. The plants are happy so no changes right now. :ignore: For those of you following along, the pic on the right is the plant that started to nute burn in the MG soil.

Since I'm using both Soft White, and Cool White bulbs I'm hoping I have favorable conditions for females. Anyone know about what size a plant starts to sex? I would ask age, however if you've read the journal you know it was a sloooowww start.

Finally, I'm thinking that I'll veg another 2 weeks, and kick them into flower. I'm going to buy a HPS from HTG supply on ebay. 400W $109 (thanks casualgrower) Why flower in 2 weeks? Well spring break is in March, and so is my birthday, and I'm thinking what better month to harvest? Oh, April you say (4/20) well if I get a clone to work with this week, I'll harvest then too!

Love my new hobby! btw I realize I don't know how long my bagseed will take to flower (if it does) so it's just a guess right now...

DSC06374.JPG

DSC06373.JPG

Hey, things here are looking better every day. As of right now there is a small smell, but of fresh garden, not weed. At this point it's coverable by a room air freshener (oil kind with the sticks that hang out the top...don't ask Mom mailed it "for the kitty".)

I plan that I'll have to get an ozonator, carbon fan setup, or something. I'll post it when I do.

For veggie growth, I've used a combination of 30W CFL's and 42W CFL's in a homemade light fixture. Pics attached. The smaller bulbs are "daylight" and the larger bulbs are "soft white" bulbs. They work great for seedlings, clones, and vegetative growth. I have had plants begin flowering under these lights with a 24-hour light period. I haven't used them for flowering though, instead using the two 600W HPS HID lights in the flowering room.

Set 2 003.jpg

Set 2 004.jpg

Set 2 005-1.jpg

Set 2 006.jpg

Set 2 007.jpg

Ok, so it's been about a week, and thought I'd do a little update. The girls (keep hoping) are doing great. Nice green new growth, and the couple of leaves that were nuteburned havn't changed a bit.

First shot shows all of my lighting, second is the plant that WAS skinny. Third shot is a bit stretchy, but new leaf growth, so chalk that up to first grow...

Still planning (psyching myself up) for the Silver Pearl, and Haze x Skunk. Thinking 4 and 4 seeds and see what comes up. The goal is 4 female plants total.

Anyway, yes Fiasco is a bit like her daddy. If I leave a pipe out she'll play with it, and I swear the bubble of a bong is like the rattle of food in her dish. She's not allowed in the gr...lol, when the skinny of the 2 plants was a sprout she hauled it out of the pot, and halfway across the bedroom before I woke up and stopped her!! Can you imagine if it DID turn into a female after that?! :banana:

DSC06399.JPG

DSC06400.JPG

DSC06401.JPG

Very seldom do we do this but i think it's time for the GREEN MOJO DANCE. :banana: :yay: :banana: Looking good mang. :aok:

things sure are comeing along nice Ben...those lights are far better then the shop lite huh? like you I am learning a lot...I have had my ups and downs on my first grow as well...your plants are looking good..and I cant tell which one was pulled by your cat...(Bad Kitty)..anyway just want to stop in and say HIGH!!! Keep up the Green work:headbang2: Here pass it on..:48:

oh yeah and heres the female dance:banana:

So it's been a couple of days, and it's still business as usual with the 2. However, I DID get a new bubbler, and I've got 6 germed seeds in the soil of the next grow, but that'll be in a seperate journal later. Although, I will quickly note that I have so far been successful with 7 of 8 cracked so far using the double plate, papertowel, tv receiver method!! :D

I just want to thank everyone again for their posting here, and help in the shoutbox!

DSC06426.JPG

DSC06425.JPG

You'll NEVER believe it, but in about 3 hours today 1 of the plants went FEMALE!!! The one the cat took out!!! HAHAHAHA :rofl: i'm so excited, thanks for all the MOJO guys!! it worked!!!

If you want to see pix they're in the Main Indoor, under the SEX ME!! thread.

Nice Job Ben...what about the other plant?.(Male/Female) you say you are Germing some more seeds, what are they?..Good luck the rest of the way my Friend..I will be following this the rest of the way...

4u2smoke said:
Nice Job Ben...what about the other plant?.(Male/Female) you say you are Germing some more seeds, what are they?..Good luck the rest of the way my Friend..I will be following this the rest of the way...

The other plant is still a ??? but I'm hopful that my feminized bag seed will come thru!! ;) The other seeds I've germed are Silverpearl & HazexSkunk1

One of each has broken soil, and 7 of 8 cracked. I was going to throw another into the germ plates, but with the confirmed Mommy yesterday I think I'll save space for a clone set?? We'll see what happens. Mean time I'm trying to figure out my veg and flower rooms first...

go with a hps. I was goin to flower with only cfl's till i got my hand on a 400. My first grow turned into a club grow then. Thanks FoxFarm!!

Latest posts

Back