Good Babies??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that 250cfm will remove a lot of heat...you will find that you will be keeping a close eye on those temps...we dont want to bake them before its time...are you able to a practice run? set up the unit and run it for a few days to work out the kinks?...I fear that if your temps fluxuate (spell check 4me) it will cause stress to your plant in return it my hermie.. i hope not...but we dont want to stress the ladies when entering in2 flower...just my .02 my friend..

benamucc said:
Speaking of which, I've gotten temps to high 70's inside the box, and that's without the 250CFM yet!! I'm going to set up the flower area later today I hope, and might just start 12/12 with a mixed spectrum of CFL's until the HPS arrives. Seen people stay on MH for couple weeks so I don't think it'll be a big deal.

See you soon...

Word man.

If you are set on starting flower, then you can go on and do so, with a couple CFLs til you get the HPS.

if you are able to pick and choose your spectrum- try to get ones that are more blue, rather than red. As we saw on my journal- red streches, blue keeps them somewhat compact.

either way you will be ok, since its only a few days, but you know, just for informations sake.

keep up the good work buddy.

Test runs are back into the 80's. :duh: I was trying to think up ways to avoid going thru carpet, sub floor, and into the crawler, but alas... That however got me thinking if I supply air from the crawler, and draw right into the box it'll be 50-60degrees. On the other hand, this doesn't help my odor filtering at all...

Thanks for all the input people. It's just a big puzzle... :bong2:

benamucc said:
Test runs are back into the 80's. :duh: I was trying to think up ways to avoid going thru carpet, sub floor, and into the crawler, but alas... That however got me thinking if I supply air from the crawler, and draw right into the box it'll be 50-60degrees. On the other hand, this doesn't help my odor filtering at all...

Thanks for all the input people. It's just a big puzzle... :bong2:

Hey ben...80--85 okay.....if you look at my setup with that 250pulling at the top of box/room and lower vents for freshair it will pull air threw....the grow room...remove all the carpet in closet..easier to repair later..save carpet of course...cant remember where you vent for scrubber..will check back...also think about adding dampers..it helps cotrol air..can also be heat sensored...anyway good luck to you my friend

hey bro i see that thinghs are lookin great its been a while since i posted in your thread because i was gone but it looks like the soil is working fine for u bro also i bet that new hps will do wonders for your flowering ,i seen you said they are root bound do u plan on puting them in biger pots before you flower cause when i flowered my plants grew about a foot in flower so im not shure but they may need a little more root room so they got room for flowering ,but i dont no for shure ,but like i said your grow looks great and i like your box you put togather ,ive also learned its a full time hobby and if u have to take a break from it u will miss it the rest of your life lol ,,good luck bro ill bee keeping a eye on your grow

thanks TT...again good to see you back. i knew you were gone, but now that you're back i didn't want to dwell.

i'm thinking i'll try one transplanted *small one, and see how things go. I don't really want to disturb my female too much, and if it's not the worlds biggest yeild thats ok with me. i got 7 more babies enroute and just need to carry thru till then :hubba:

So finally, finally, finally....back in the grow room. The babies suffered a bit, but we're on our way to flowering soon. I lost all of my tools in a tragic barn fire last week, so I can't finish the veg/flwr separation in my gr. The other issue I'm now facing is high temps, which I thought I'd taken care of. I'll have to wait until tuesday or wednesday for some new tools to finish. :hairpull:

The 250HPS is hanging, and I did manage to transplant them both. Still unsure of sex on the one. 12/12 asap...

DSC06478.JPG

DSC06477.JPG

DSC06476.JPG

They look very streched out move the lights closer, by the way halogens are NOT FOR GROWING they produce way to much heat and is not the type of light that your looking for,for sprouts try flouresents or LED

good to see you got the HPS and have it already operating.

when did you use a halogen??

Sorry to hear about the fire bro...was that where your grow was?

Anyway, they look good man, was that first pic before transplant? When you transplant you can hide all that tall stalk in the soil. Other than that I think they look great :)

Thorn said:
when did you use a halogen??

Sorry to hear about the fire bro...was that where your grow was?

Anyway, they look good man, was that first pic before transplant? When you transplant you can hide all that tall stalk in the soil. Other than that I think they look great :)

At the begining of his grow he started with Halogen...He has come a long way in a short time..and yes I agreee in burry the stalk a little..

Ben..things look great...you need good ventilation with that 250HPS in a small area...Try to pull the carpet back and cut a 6 inch hole in floor to crawler...your exhaust fan in the top of room and draw from crawler...Good luck my friend

Hey all. No pix at this time, and my absence will continue probably for another 2 weeks (I hope not but, plan for the worst hope for the best). here is the update... Work...Work...Work...Taxes...Death... :)

The veg box is under control both temps and light. I peeled back the carpet in a corner (easy fix later). When I did this temps are high 70's low 80's with the lights on. 50's when off :whoa: so now the veg is 24/0 (yea electrical costs...whatever, hobbies cost $ and so do nuggets) and temps are steady 70's in the box, and in the flower area.

Started 12/12 yesterday, and the confirmed Momma is shootin little pistals like crazy...crazy!! This thing is going to be NUGTACULAR!!! I'm almost POSITIVE the other will be a Female any day now, but keeping close eye. It's a dense little plant, and my g/f says it a female b/c of how hard it is to get in to the main stem and look. (She's a shy girl, hiding her privates.) I hope thats some women's intuition showing thru!!

Anyway, I'll pic these asap. Gotta run!!

Hey Ben...Nice job..Temps are good...upload pics soon my friend...Good Luck on the Grow

I'm an idiot :duh: The reason that the mother has been losing her bottom leaves is because after she got transplanted she got kicked :duh: and just below the surface did some pretty serious damage. So the new growth is promising, although it will be a while before she's standing rigid as the trunk looks. She IS a she, and I think I still have lots of bud sites with good activity.

I hope the second Mrs. (I found a little spot this afternoon where I think it's going SHE) continues to do as well as she is. Very compact, and strong.

Ps I was definatly over nuting...must have been stoned...I was using 2x the BigBloom dose per gallon. :holysheep:

Only good thing is I know that work came before play. Just makes me a little sad I work so much....

First plant is the girl. first closeup is the hope to bud sites...then the other plants bits

DSC06516.JPG

DSC06513.JPG

DSC06511.JPG

Looking pretty good benamucc. I'm sure they will recover from the over-nuting. MJ is a survivor and can withstand lots of abuse and punishment. We are all waiting anxiously for more updates so keep the pics and info coming my friend. Until then, grow it big. Take care.

Nice looking plants! Nice big containers too, very nice. I imagine you will get a nice cola for each plant.

You all are too kind. I think I've been doing a poor job with all my plants lately, but I blame the cat, g/f, and primarily work for the abuses...

Now that work has slowed a bit, I'll be taking better care here. They're still looking the same, maybe a little taller. 1 F, 1 ? still. I'm thinking that they might be sitting in a little too much of the glow from the 24/0 box, and I'm going to be getting them to 100% pitch black this week. Maybe that will speed the development of some buds.

They don't seem to like the FF Tiger Bloom they've been getting, so I've been doing it 1/2 strength every other water.

Let me know... :bong2:

DSC06561.JPG

DSC06560.JPG

You need to get them to COMPLETE darkness during the 12 hours of lights off. If there is any light shining on them, you chances for hermies multiplies 10 fold. Definitely get them in the dark even if you have to move them until you get your setup corrected. I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back