MD.Apothecary's Wicked Sister

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

md.apothecary

Art is Resistance!
Reaction score
Well...as I discussed previously in another thread I was going to be starting a grow journal for myself pretty soon. This will help me keep track of my days and data collection.

About 5 days ago I started the germination process of some of my own personal strain :)... I call it

WickeD Sister

Anyway... after two days they germinated and put out tap roots. I did not take pictures because everyone has seen tap roots in water before. But I used a sterile glass and soaked the seeds until the had a tap root.

All four seeds popped within 48hrs.

That night I put them into 16oz pots with lightly packed soil. Tonight (5th day total) I am about to have some seedlings breaking soil. They should pop within the hour.... yes... literally, within the hour.

Most people don't think of plants as living, moving beings, but they are and they move like snails. I wish I had a time-lapse camera to show their movement.

When I get back on my PC, I will upload the photos later.

Alright md.! The beginnings of Wicked Sister. Sounds like one mean broad. I hope they continue to roll along.

Is this the cfl test you had talked about in an earlier thread, by chance?

Good luck.

Oops - just folllowed link from that thread to here. OK - it is the cfl test thread. Houston - we have a confirmation.;)

Okay, as promised... the pictures are attached. 2 of the 4 have sprouted a seedling.

This is going to be done in my newly built grow box. Please see the link below for the details. I don't want to repaste it all.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20779

As for the strain cross, that will be revealed later if it's worth mentioning. :)

The soil is a homemade mixture, I recycle soil, a bit of this, a bit of that, nothing special. So far, obviously watering with plain water, no nutes as of yet.

As I mentioned before, after a little over an hour or so, two of the plants broke soil. Just as I predicted they would.

PICT0173.JPG

PICT0174.JPG

PICT0175.JPG

PICT0176.JPG

PICT0177.JPG

PICT0178.JPG

PICT0179.JPG

I got one ? tho... when u say u recycle soil... do you flush it first?, or do you just use it as is... after you've dumped all kinds of ferts into it, if you do use ferts?

It's flushed and baked.

It's an endless cycle. I have buckets outside with a very fine screen over the top. The soil is used, and when I am done with it, I filter it out through chicken wire to catch roots and such out. They then go into 5gal buckets outside for months at a time before it's tested for density and color. It's like composting. The rain will wash away all the bad nutes and salts, and of course it's turned regularly.

The sun bakes the dirt here and really dries it out good, which makes it retain less water in the future. It is interesting to see how your soil will literally fluff up after a plant has grown in it because of all the organic material, leaves, roots, etc. that change the consistency of the soil.

I might take a picture of my soil recylcing center by the wood pile sometime, but I don't know how easy that will be for security reasons. lol

BTW, I love using lava rocks in my soil... just a tid bit of info. It helps aerate the soil and the roots love it. They will cling to it like crazy, similar to the hydroton balls in a hydro grow.

As of this morning the two that have seedlings have sprouted their second set of leaves outside of the seed set. So there is now a total of 4 leaves on the plants. :)

(Pictures later tonight)

Hoping the other two break soil sometime soon!! I don't like having different sized plants in a confined area!!

Had some technical difficulties lastnight with the computer, the third pup has finally broken soil, however it's not looking too strong at the moment. Still waiting on the fourth to break soil, hopefully it does soon.

Pictures should be up later this evening if I can get this digital camera to hook up properly to the computer. :rolleyes:

Plants are about an inch tall, so far so good, still no fourth popping up. Still no pics due to camera malfunction. Pics will be here soon!

2 are looking fairly strong, and 1 is a super mini plant, not even 1/2" tall maybe not even a 1/4" lol

Others are about 1" tall

Well i normally don't give out GREEN MOJO twice but we gotta get them babies going so here's another round of GREEN MOJO for them. :aok: Grow babies grow. ;)

ugh! dont let your camera run down the rechargable batteries too many times... it ultimately kills the batteries! I got pics to upload tonight/tomorrow when i get some more batteries.

Thanks for the MOJO I think I might need it for 2 of the 4 seeds. :(

Latest posts

Back