Planting too early what happens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now the days are aproaching 13 hours of light so if you moved them from 24/0 light to outside to 13 hours light would they bud then. That was what i was asking. I new they would bud if it was 12hours of less which was before march 20 this year because of leap year having an extra day. And if they would flower should they be turned to 14/10 for a while before moving them out side. Slim

longtimegrower said:
Right now the days are aproaching 13 hours of light so if you moved them from 24/0 light to outside to 13 hours light would they bud then. That was what i was asking. I new they would bud if it was 12hours of less which was before march 20 this year because of leap year having an extra day. And if they would flower should they be turned to 14/10 for a while before moving them out side. Slim

Theres a good chance that they will begin flowering, yes. But, if you could move them back indoors as supplement light with flou's for a few hours per day,(2-3) THAT should keep the vegging until the natural hours become more favorable. (14+)

Thanks hick hoping that will help others. Slim
Look up your location and you can find when your days have 14 hours of daylight or what ever your looking for. I was just wondering if your sunrise sunset is 13 hours apart there is arounf 20 min of light before sunrise so how long is the daylight then 13 hours or is it 13 hours plus the time before and after that you can see also. Hope that makes sence Here is the link
hxxp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html Replace the xx With tt

Slim

hXXp://www.sunrisesunset.com/custom_srss_calendar.asp

try this one slim.. Iy allows you to "customize" your calendar, and will show 'civil, nautical, and astronomical' twilight ;)

I was just wondering if your sunrise sunset is 13 hours apart there is arounf 20 min of light before sunrise so how long is the daylight then 13 hours or is it 13 hours plus the time before and after that you can see also. Hope that makes sence

Good question ...are the twilight periods considered light or dark ?

Runbyhemp said:
Good question ...are the twilight periods considered light or dark ?
I believe each 'twilight' is defined by a different degree of darkness, thats why they include all three.
I don't know "which" twilight, plants react to..

This is an interesting topic, so if one was to want to grow outdoors this year middle to late may would be a good starting date? This will maximize size and yields due to minimizing stress to the plant, correct?

That surely depends on your weather/climate. But the longer the veg period, the bigger the plant, the higher the yield.
Putting them outdoors, under conditions that trigger flowering, will effect the final yield negatively.. IME.
50bud said:
This is an interesting topic, so if one was to want to grow outdoors this year middle to late may would be a good starting date? This will maximize size and yields due to minimizing stress to the plant, correct?

I've heard of harvesting twice in a year, the first time being before independence day. I've never tried it but i dunno. He said it'd have to be a near pure indica plant for it to work.

He said, plant in early feb (which here it's actually good to plant in feb, i usually start mine feb 22) then feg it for 2 months. Then he said to start using a paper bag to seal off the light and create a "dark cycle". He told me the switch for it was insanely stressful but after a week it was totally fine. He said once it was flowering he could have his first harvest before july 4th. I think he said he harvested the lower buds and left (if i remember) half the top cola on there. then he said it would grow out and reveg and be ready again come crop-tober.

How plausable this is, i don't know, but i think i might give it a try this year.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Resurrected from the dead on first post. I'm sure some of the original commenters are not active but I'd like to share some info on this topic. I will be adding a grow journal if successful this year. I have started early with success and am giving it a shot again this year. These have been outdoor grows. Plants started inside and nursed in a greenhouse(old rusted out Bronco). The key is varieties that finish in 90 days and to really provide plants with lots of nitrogen to get some veg growth. If the plants don't finish by mid June all the buds will get really spindly and people will go I've never seen premium buds like this. The spindly buds of white widow will still make noobs have panic attacks and think they are dying, but yields will be way down after June. I'm in central,MS and we have 1-2 frost in March. I set plants out around last week of March and am prepared to cover plants if frost in April or May. The nights average mid 50's in March and plants do fine, just a lil slow. The advantage of this system is a potential double crop, early profits, and getting a jump on caterpillars and cut worms.

i usually cant wait to get them going in early spring. 4 or 5 times i have put 12 to 16 inch gals out in early april. only once, 3 out of 8 started going into flower, only to reveg a few weeks later. these reveg gals got buried under the canopys of all other vegging plants. by the fall, i had mostly 8 footers. the reveg were still 2 feet tall. i shoulda trashed the reveg. spring fever..

Latest posts

Back