Auto-Flower basics guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the best case scenario indoors is a HPS from the time they start flowering till they are done...short of that I wld use the warmer 2700k bulbs....they might be autos but I wld think that as far as producing buds they react the same as regular strains...

looks like we got a new auto seedbank in town. on dope-seeds.com. Flash automatic seeds. look like some interesting strains. anybody growing these or seen em grown out? or planning on growing em? cant wait till the auto section of the site is up!

wally150 said:
looks like we got a new auto seedbank in town. on dope-seeds.com. Flash automatic seeds. look like some interesting strains. anybody growing these or seen em grown out? or planning on growing em? cant wait till the auto section of the site is up!

Interesting, I haven't heard of them yet. Have they just popped up as of late or have they been a breeder for a while do you know?

wally150 said:
they just popped up recently on dopeseeds. havent heard anything about em.

I think there is going to be and there is already a big demand in autos and more and more are going to pop up fast like this one. Thing is the autos available now are from very good breeders and have actually gotten better with genetics from what i'm reading and seeing as well as in my first grow with some of them. I truly hope that these new breeders are the real deal and are not going to hurt autos as we know them now. No way to stop it now, all we can do is hope for the best.

"Flash seeds is a new venture from a long time autoflowering seed breeder and enthusiast. We have worked for many years creating great strains for our own use and now they are released to the public. Through our experiments we have managed to create a diverse collection of autoflowering strains which now include some very sativa dominant auto strains. These sativa strains can grow to 2-3 metres and give yields comparable to standard, non auto plants - we call these the SUPER AUTOS - Annapurna, Nirvana sky & Number one"

Sativa autos....hmmm interesting....lets hope they are not just trying to cash in on the popularity of autos and they really did do their homework...

I second, third, fourth and fifth that!!!!!:hubba:

jackson1 said:
I think there is going to be and there is already a big demand in autos and more and more are going to pop up fast like this one. Thing is the autos available now are from very good breeders and have actually gotten better with genetics from what i'm reading and seeing as well as in my first grow with some of them. I truly hope that these new breeders are the real deal and are not going to hurt autos as we know them now. No way to stop it now, all we can do is hope for the best.

Thid one is interesting but look at the finishing times...120 days from seed...twice as long as Russian Rocket Fuel....I wonder how they are delaying the auto flower gene? 120 days is longer then some regular strains...

NIRVANA SKY SUPER AUTO seeds

This Super auto is a mostly sativa strain...With Nirvana the Sky is near, it has a sativa taste and effect that energises the body and mind. If you are looking for a true autoflowering Sativa strain you have found it here!

Type: Autoflowering

Height: 2 / 3 m outdoor

Time to harvest: 100 / 120 days

yield: 110 / 250 gr per plant

3 female seeds - £27.5 GBP

Hamster Lewis said:
"Flash seeds is a new venture from a long time autoflowering seed breeder and enthusiast. We have worked for many years creating great strains for our own use and now they are released to the public. Through our experiments we have managed to create a diverse collection of autoflowering strains which now include some very sativa dominant auto strains. These sativa strains can grow to 2-3 metres and give yields comparable to standard, non auto plants - we call these the SUPER AUTOS - Annapurna, Nirvana sky & Number one"

Sativa autos....hmmm interesting....lets hope they are not just trying to cash in on the popularity of autos and they really did do their homework...

Thanks Hamster for the research. That makes me feel a lil better anyway, maybe but I'd like to know who the long time breeder is and what their story is. why would you not add this info into your pitch about the new autos for credibility?

Also, 2 to 3 meters? wow, those are very tall autos. Kind of don't get it then because then why not grow and clone the regular strains if your not saving height issues do get on a perpetual grow system? Hopefully it works out for the best and they don't screw it up.

jackson1 said:
Thanks Hamster for the research. That makes me feel a lil better anyway, maybe but I'd like to know who the long time breeder is and what their story is. why would you not add this info into your pitch about the new autos for credibility?

Also, 2 to 3 meters? wow, those are very tall autos. Kind of don't get it then because then why not grow and clone the regular strains if your not saving height issues do get on a perpetual grow system? Hopefully it works out for the best and they don't screw it up.

With the height and finish times on these new "Super Autos" the only thing they hve going for them is no need to flip them so they can be grown in a veg area....

Hamster Lewis said:
Thid one is interesting but look at the finishing times...120 days from seed...twice as long as Russian Rocket Fuel....I wonder how they are delaying the auto flower gene? 120 days is longer then some regular strains...

NIRVANA SKY SUPER AUTO seeds

This Super auto is a mostly sativa strain...With Nirvana the Sky is near, it has a sativa taste and effect that energises the body and mind. If you are looking for a true autoflowering Sativa strain you have found it here!

Type: Autoflowering

Height: 2 / 3 m outdoor

Time to harvest: 100 / 120 days

yield: 110 / 250 gr per plant

3 female seeds - £27.5 GBP

Hmm, they are all over the place and this is far from a true auto as we know them now. Maybe this is an outdoor beast of an auto. I can see it out doors but not in doors as much unless you train in some way. 100 - 120 days is not a break through. Interesting that they call it an super auto because from it's stats it is but it is not the autos we want to and are looking to grow, it seems to be the total opposite.

Hamster Lewis said:
With the height and finish times on these new "Super Autos" the only thing they hve going for them is no need to flip them so they can be grown in a veg area....

maybe thats the new direction of autos. yield. i mean if i grew an auto outside i would rather grow one of these super autos and wait the extra month for more than double the yield. Who knows what the future holds for autos, maybe the dwarf market has been filled with plenty of variety and new breeders are looking to fill a huge void for the yeild issue of autos.

wally150 said:
maybe thats the new direction of autos. yield. i mean if i grew an auto outside i would rather grow one of these super autos and wait the extra month for more than double the yield. Who knows what the future holds for autos, maybe the dwarf market has been filled with plenty of variety and new breeders are looking to fill a huge void for the yeild issue of autos.

I actually believe that autos and auto breeders are just getting started and breeders are working everyday to improve the "dwarf" type autos available to us. It's just my opinion but Short Stuff seeds very much improved on what is/was available with some great creations with larger plants but not to large, good, reliable genetics with more yield if your hitting on all cylinders with everything or real close to it. If i was an outside grower, i'd really look at the "super auto" they are speaking of but i'm not.

jackson1 said:
I actually believe that autos and auto breeders are just getting started and breeders are working everyday to improve the "dwarf" type autos available to us. It's just my opinion but Short Stuff seeds very much improved on what is/was available with some great creations with larger plants but not to large, good, reliable genetics with more yield if your hitting on all cylinders with everything or real close to it. If i was an outside grower, i'd really look at the "super auto" they are speaking of but i'm not.

The breeders that have been in on dwarfs are improving them, which is good and i would love to see more potent dwarfs, but maybe this new bank saw that there was already a huge variety of dwarf type autos available that had good reputations so they decided to go a different way if they were going to do autos at all. It seems like it would be easier to be a new seedbank and try a selling point like "plant finishes in 100 days with yields up to 250 grams a plant", then try to compete with the vast number of dwarf autoflowering strains.

wally150 said:
The breeders that have been in on dwarfs are improving them, which is good and i would love to see more potent dwarfs, but maybe this new bank saw that there was already a huge variety of dwarf type autos available that had good reputations so they decided to go a different way if they were going to do autos at all. It seems like it would be easier to be a new seedbank and try a selling point like "plant finishes in 100 days with yields up to 250 grams a plant", then try to compete with the vast number of dwarf autoflowering strains.

Yup, no doubt they did do that it's just weird to read auto flowering but it can be up to a 9' plants even inside if not trained. That is stunning and i agree it is on purpose. Change is hard to go through some times until you start to figure out it's a good thing after all but I think you have nailed it with the concept behind these.

If i ended up growing those i would probably do it outside. inside it seems like i would rather just go with dwarfs (dwarves?) or a non auto strain. lol but outside it be nice to be able to have a harvest in june of plants that are high yielding.

The original strain autoflowering was established by the Joint Doctor and High seeds.This Wide is the Revolutionary Lowryer. It was created back breeding Northern Lights and William's Wonder with a surprisingly Ruderalis.The Mexico About this new strain was the only Ruderalis pull left was gene.This flowering auto means that flowering is triggered by age rather than light / dark.

Latest posts

Back