Mars Sun Series COB fixture - DWC - Scrog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That screen filled out just right. It will be fun when those little cola fingers start sticking up.

I am really watching this as there is no way to trim up a scrog like we have been told we need to trim with LEDs.

Oooo very exciting, that canopy will look amazing when it's bud city. Have you got a couple of fans to blow air around your buds, you don't want mouldy nugs. Much mojo for you.

That screen filled out just right. It will be fun when those little cola fingers start sticking up.

I am really watching this as there is no way to trim up a scrog like we have been told we need to trim with LEDs.

Is there none? I have :) ;)
I remove SO many fan leaves!!!!

I used to be ridiculously nervous / scared / sceptical about removing leaves and other lower nodes, but now I have to throw all that out the window.. and I'm glad I did!! If you saw my plants after a day of hacking, just before I send em into flower, then the next day... your jaw would drop. It's unexpected and non-conventional, I agree, but once I started this.. I found I couldn't stop after seeing the results.

As long as you don't over extend the use (range) of your light, you can maximize the footprint. This scrog is in a 2.5' x 2.5' space, and has a 360w (actual draw) cob LED fixture. I'm probably maximizing the footprint right now.

Oooo very exciting, that canopy will look amazing when it's bud city. Have you got a couple of fans to blow air around your buds, you don't want mouldy nugs. Much mojo for you.

There's 2 fans at the bottom pointed straight up through the plant. They dance :)

Also, if you'd have seen these each time before and after my defoliation, you'd really understand my reasoning for cutting so many fan leaves off. The first solid year of my growing.. I basically left the plants alone, beyond some general LSTing. Now-a-days I stick it to em!! I chop, slap, tickle, stake down, tie down, whip, nae nae, and fiddle my plants. But honestly, if I didn't remove some of these fan leaves, they would be entirely shadowing the nodes below them, and this isn't very good with LED's. HPS will "splash" the room with a crazy amount of light (most wasted, mind you) and you get a better "around" penetration type of thing.. not sure what I'm trying to say here. But basically, with LED's you want to reduce shading. :D

Thanks for checking in Stone!

I'm going to put mine to the test. I am going out tonight when the lights come on and put the chop on one of my blue dreams and compare the 2 plants bud formation in 9wks

I'm going to put mine to the test. I am going out tonight when the lights come on and put the chop on one of my blue dreams and compare the 2 plants bud formation in 9wks

You should find the same findings I have :)

- Pic Update -

**Take note - I took these pics a couple hours after lights out..so they are all sleeping. That is the slight droop you see :) **

Tent 3 has a phenomenal scrog action going on! Very happy there. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Always hate seeing them when they sleep....

It seems bud City will be built on a hill. Bud mountain.

Two more days and I'm at 2 weeks in. What a nice formation! This is better than I expected, certainly :D

Ooooh.. I haven't updated this in awhile. I should update this :D

Things are v.e.r.y. healthy!

Wow! awesome stuff man big green mojo to you and your ladies. I wonder what kind of weight you will get from just one plant

:peace:

Those look like smaller than normal, but normal for a "mother plant", leafs Doc.
Is that what you see IRL vs on screen?

Are they, the leafs, growing larger now that the roots have room to grow?

I've watched cuttings take root and become bonsai-mother plants.
It takes a month or so of (bonsai) trimming but it learns not to grow big leafs.

I've wondered about this before, thank you for posting/documenting a mother grow-out.
:48:

Looks like you may get a bud or 2 out of this one.......... you got some stretch with it.......... now lets see some led "frosty nugs".......:48:

Thanks G13 :aok:

I can't wait to see exactly how they flower under this light specifically. I've had this strain for about a year now, and know it well. So far, I'm really enjoying the light... the spotlight in the center sure does throw one off though! :D

DGF I'm liking what I see for sure. I can't wait for this to really unfold. So I'll start the bidding pool. 10 zips but I've never saw a led bloom so I could be off. Let's hope I'm shy.

I'm calling 8 and thank you Doc! It's nice to have another Doc's opinion... waka waka :D hah

Check the other link(s) in my sig for more journal adventures! I have a very large perpetual journal, and some older journals that have loads of hi quality pics and lots of text! :aok:

Thanks for checking in

Woo, this tent is packed!!! Not going to update with pics yet as it's just buds developing.

all with less than 400 watts of light power.......... going to be pushing what most can do with HPS.......... very nice work DGF.......... you've developed some skills.......... I can see a gram per watt is possible with this.

Latest posts

Back