Sopappy's so so grows

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cut way back the air your pumping in to res........ you only want it mixed...... you don't need added oxygen in your water........ to much air pump into water messes with your ph..... it did mine.

i do remember reading those posts but it just didn't click.
all the bubblers are gone
it is so peaceful in there, all I hear is the water trickling now
I'm hoping what you mean by "mixed" is moving, it also falls down the overflow, not exactly a waterfall. Wish I could measure the O content.
If the pH stops racing up I'll know I reckon
I'm still not sure how you caught that when I was whining about my control bucket readings.

I pulled the stone out of this bucket, Here's the wee flume I'll use before top feeding the seedlings. Cheap tiny 12vdc pump, I use the same rig to top feed the other tray in veg.

View attachment 100_0132.jpg

cut way back the air your pumping in to res........ you only want it mixed...... you don't need added oxygen in your water........ to much air pump into water messes with your ph..... it did mine.

while you're here,
my 4 bucket rdwc with a contol bucket (small rez) is always dripping (flowing) on 4 plants, I had bubblers in all buckets...
don't need 'em? with the flowing down the rocks and constant re-circulation...
here too? no stones?

while you're here,
my 4 bucket rdwc with a contol bucket (small rez) is always dripping (flowing) on 4 plants, I had bubblers in all buckets...
don't need 'em? with the flowing down the rocks and constant re-circulation...
here too? no stones?

with rdwc you have roots sitting in the water........ if you have roots sitting in still water I think you need bubbles........ moving water doesn't need bubbles imho.

Roots definitely need oxygen in the water to thrive.

Just stopping in to say hi, looks like your in good hands here.. mojo dood.

Roots definitely need oxygen in the water to thrive.

Agreed but I'm thinking you can overdo it. I've been constantly battling my rezs to keep my pH down, using pH down every top up. I have recirculating water in an ebb and flow system and I had bubblers everywhere.
I pulled all my stones and am recirculating or fluming.
I'm anxious to see pH readings tonight.

Just stopping in to say hi, looks like your in good hands here.. mojo dood.

Hey Rosebud, Have a seat and I'll scoot and get you a nice cup of Thrive!

Yup, I like my little corner here. I just write down everything I'm up to and sooner or later somebody catches something :)

Cool. Getter done. Yehaaaaaaa

Just plucked another one this morning, might even have a whole oz on this one.
Blueberry.. great way to start the year.
aaaaand my sour diesel is going over real good, chap said it was best sour diesel he ever had and I guffawed of course, but it is pretty damn good
all these problems and the stuff still gets you high :)

Agreed but I'm thinking you can overdo it. I've been constantly battling my rezs to keep my pH down, using pH down every top up. I have recirculating water in an ebb and flow system and I had bubblers everywhere.
I pulled all my stones and am recirculating or fluming.
I'm anxious to see pH readings tonight.

set your ph at 5.7 and top off with plain un phed water and see......... ph should rise as plants use nutrients......... topping off with un phed water because your plants shouldn't be using ph down(lol)..... so it should keep the ph ed at the same place except for the rise caused by uptake of nutrients....... that's why it is important to top off to the same amount of water after each watering.

set your ph at 5.7 and top off with plain un phed water and see......... ph should rise as plants use nutrients......... topping off with un phed water because your plants shouldn't be using ph down(lol)..... so it should keep the ph ed at the same place except for the rise caused by uptake of nutrients....... that's why it is important to top off to the same amount of water after each watering.

I'm not getting "unpH'd water" You mean out of the tap at 7.8 - 8.2 ?
I like to sit it in 40L tubs with 10 mL H2O2 24hrs and then pH to 6.0
(had pythium once but I can stop the peroxide but I figure it's harmless after 24 hours)

oxygen makes pH rise yet it's a good thing when plants do it,
how do I know when the rise is good vs too much O2
ie... how fast is a normal rise?
or can I expect bigger ppm drops vs 30ppm now, 6 med plant.

I am getting the top ups right but I am not sure if I'm using the right top-up water :) and you say no to ph down ?!?
Do I have to do a rez change if it hits say 6.5 in one day, it's wrong to try and correct it?

5.7 in both flower and veg? I'm too high right now (I can't believe I said that), I have veg at 6.2 but flower is okay at 5.7, buckets are flushing at 6,
my ppms in veg are 830, 390 for the seedlings, flower is only 570

what ever your stating water is....... I want you to top off with that...... no adjustment.

Where's that chap who wanted to slow growth? The largest of these are 2 months old.
I still can't read plants, I've been top-feeding these once or twice a day.
I can ebb and flow these trays. Twice a day enough?

View attachment 100_0135.jpg

Where's that chap who wanted to slow growth? The largest of these are 2 months old.

room temps this time of year can slow down growth......... how are you top feeding those?

Twice a day would work.

Are your ppms that low in flower for any reason? Its not uncommon to go as high as 1400 to 1600 for hungry strains.

room temps this time of year can slow down growth......... how are you top feeding those?

by hand with a flume, drop the pump in to the rez and use the use hose from pump to water like a garden hose, I just pass over the rocks

I'll use the same thing to top water in the veg tray when the roots don't reach the water

PH readings are same as last night, no spike. I'm encouraged.
I had them high at 6.0 though, I'm adjusting everybody to 5.7 tonight and taking ppms.
Then I'm putting away the pH down.

THC laughs at me but I've seen or read 5.7 - 5.9 for flower
and 6.0 - 6.3 for veg..... you say 5.7 - 6.3 for both ?

hooking up the heater tonight :-(
It dips down to 60 in flower with lights off
and it's not that cold yet

Are your ppms that low in flower for any reason? Its not uncommon to go as high as 1400 to 1600 for hungry strains.[/QUOTE

dammit, mesmerized with pH issues, I wrote that so I wouldn't forget and I forget, I was mixing for 1000, that's troubling. I also think I got crummy veg nutes from the same guy. GET technologies, nobody knows them.
Trying something new next go round.

Latest posts

Back