New Here. Please Help! I went to other sites for help, but no one has anwered.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stresdrugtest

Reaction score
I have posted threads on marijuana.com, cannabis.com and grasscity.com and seems like no one has answered. I am hoping that here I get some help. Please, I'm almost desperate in vurge of anxiety attack.

Faint Line on First Check Home Drug Test. Will I pass Quest Diagnostic Lab Test? (home test vs. lab test)

I have a concern "Can anyone definitively say if the first check home test kit is truly accurate about the presence of faint lines vs. what a true lab test may identify?"

My concern is for now 2011 since most online information I found was from 2006-2009. Has anything changed or upgraded at the labs to detect THC? Are test in labs in 2011 now more accurate or more sensitive than 2008 and 2009? My Lab test was at 3pm. I smoked 9-10 blunts within 17 days before my lab test. But the very "last time" was "7 days" before the lab test. I drank massive water and cranberry juice 2 days before my Lab Test. On the day of lab test, I flushed starting 3 hours before the Lab Test (at 12pm) with Ultimate Blend 24 (which can be found at most smokeshops). I did the First Check Home kit test at 2:35pm and showed negative with "very very faint lines." Since it was faint lines and the box stated that faint lines falls under "negative", I went ahead and Took the Lab Test at Quest Diagnostic at around 3:05pm. I then rushed home to do another Home Kit Test which then appeared "completely negative" at 3:45pm. So if it was faintly negative half hour before The Lab test, and then completely negative with solid lines 40 minutes later after The Lab test, is that safe to say that the Lab will detect a "Negative" as well? I haven't been called yet from the job even though its 2 days and I am worried sick. I do not want to lose out on the job opportunity. Please help me and let me know. According to the First Check, they use a cut-off 50ng and are 99% accurate, however, I am still freaking out because I do not know how much more accurate are lab test or if they even use a cut off of 50ng.

Note: the urine left at Lab had enough color. It was not clear like water, therefore, uring color should not be an issue. Also, since urine did come from me, the urine was at right temperature, therefore, urine temperature should not be an issue.

Seeing as you have already taken the test there is nothing you can do but wait (which I can tell is causing a little stress!). It can take a day or two for results to get back, so if you took your test 2 days ago it was on Saturday. They would have been closed Sunday, and probably got the resutls to your employer later today. You should hear either way tomorrow.
For future reference I have two words for you, "synthetic urine". It works. I know those who have passed using it.

SensiStarFan said:
Seeing as you have already taken the test there is nothing you can do but wait (which I can tell is causing a little stress!). It can take a day or two for results to get back, so if you took your test 2 days ago it was on Saturday. They would have been closed Sunday, and probably got the resutls to your employer later today. You should hear either way tomorrow.
For future reference I have two words for you, "synthetic urine". It works. I know those who have passed using it.

Thank you SensiStarFan, you are right, there is absolutely nothing I can do at this point. However, I am most positive that a lot of people here may have experienced once or multiple times what I am going thru (this is my first time going through this).

I guess and figured hearing those that have experienced could give me peace of mind because home drug test vs lab test seem to not be found anywhere in the internet. Perhaps if someone here who is a chronic smoker and has cleansed as I did could assure if the home test are just as accurate as the lab or if the lab will actually pick up what I was trying to hide. Thanks again and hope all is well on your end.

well if you are looking for that I can give you that. I have taken a home test and then passed a drug test and had a smiliar thing with the faint line. But I don't want to to say that I was okay and then you not be okay and I look stupid. The truth is no one can say. Sorry man.

SensiStarFan said:
well if you are looking for that I can give you that. I have taken a home test and then passed a drug test and had a smiliar thing with the faint line. But I don't want to to say that I was okay and then you not be okay and I look stupid. The truth is no one can say. Sorry man.

thanks for your input.. I know everyone's case is different because all of our bodies react differently, however, it makes me feel better that you passed and has calmed my nerves down a little ..thanks again man (im a female btw) =)

:
Stresdrugtest said:
..thanks again man (im a female btw) =)

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

EDIT: crap, now I feel like a typical male chauvinist. It's typical though. I try to be nice to a woman and end up feeling like a jerk every time! :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

Just get a bottle of Quick Fix its 100% fail safe i use it all the time it has a temp strip on the bottle

SensiStarFan said:
:

EDIT: crap, now I feel like a typical male chauvinist. It's typical though. I try to be nice to a woman and end up feeling like a jerk every time! :confused2: :confused2: :confused2:

no no no SensiStarFan :eek: , i didn't mean to make you feel like that :( ... i was just saying because you said "sorry man" in the previous post,,,so i was just letting you know i was a female :chillpill: ..if anything, i appreciate the feedback you provided,, if i offended you, i am sorry.... hope you feel better:dancing: :heart:

no you didn't offend me, I was just making a joke. Every time I try to help a woman I end up feeling stupid...and apparently it happens even when I don't know I'm talking to a woman!
:rofl: :rofl:

I hope you pass. Come back and let us know when you hear ok?

well, when I tested thusday, they said I would be notified on friday. I called Friday and agency did not receive call from company. Then Monday, the same, I called Agency and company had not called yet. To not look desperate for a start date, I didn't call yesterday, its 1:30pm, and nothing I haven't been called nor I am not calling neither.

Basically, the last two times I called the agency said they would call me as soon as they here from the company:eek:

i've had tests take 2 weeks to come back from a lab. it depends on how busy the lab is. pre-employment drug screenings are also the lowest priority in most cases.. good luck

I wouldn't worry too much, worse case scenario you don't get a job you already don't have! It's all good, things will work themselves out!

At home tests are pretty much the same test you take at the lab. The unbeatable one is the Gas Chromatography test. That is where its sent to a lab and tested. Synthetic Urine will show up on that test.
If your going to substitute, go with the real deal from a clean source.

I'm surprised you didn't get results when you took it.

lil info.
it's not illegal to fail a test it is a federal offense to tamper with em ;)

Just wanted to let all of you know. I PASSED !!!!! Starting Work date: Feb. 28th.

I really do not know "exactly" what worked for me because I did various things. I do not know if it was dilution with all the water and cranberry alone. So on experience, I can not promote dilution on its on. I also do not know if it was strictly the detox that I used, therefore, I will not promote nor advertise the Ultimate Blend 24 by zydot as the working product by itself because I am not sure if it was this detox that actually made me pass.... What I can do, is tell you what type of smoker I am, my height and weight, AND the combo of things I did to pass this test.

I am 5 feet at around 175 lbs (slow metabolism). I smoke roughly 20-25 blunts a month.. Some more, some less depending on monthly budget. I stopped smoking 7 days prior to lab test at quest diagnostic. 2 days before the lab test, I took 1 niacin pill, but the burning was so unbearable, I swore that even if I fail, I would not continue to take it. So 2 days before I hydrated immensely with water and cranberry thru the day and night. The day off the lab test at 3pm, I did not drown in water as this is one of the detox's instruction. I only drank the usual 8oz glass starting from 7am and stopped by 10:30 am. I ate only like 3-5 bites of food at around 10 am to not boost my metabalism. I started the detox at 12pm, exactly how the instruction said to be. The instructions says to urinate 2-3 times after detox process is complete, however, I recommend to urinate a mininum of 6 times.

That's all I did and it worked. It did worked, because 1 day before the lab test, I home tested & showed positve. But, by the time I had to take the lab test after I detoxed, I tested faintly negative half hour before the lab test (after my 5 urinations) and then tested solid line negative at home 40 minutes after the lab test.

Most people do not rely on home drug test, but the home tests I used obviously did not lie. Therefore, on my experience, they are as accurate as they come and accurate as the lab since they detect 50 ng and above, just like labs do.

The only thing I would do different is that, although the lab obviously accepted my urine because it was slightly yellow, I would have preferred to have it more yellow (just to avoid dilution/detox redflags). Therefore, although I didn't do it, I recommend the B-12 vitamins 2-3 days before the test to give urine more color as they advise in many forums here.

I took lab test on Thursday and it wasn't until late yesterday I got called. So Quest Diagnostic takes more than just 3 days, but may not be the same experience for everyone here.

I hope this helps anyone out there (and here). Thanks again for all of you who inboxed me and gave me great advise and all those who responded kindly to the forum.:p :D

Time to spark up :48:

Wow...lucky you. I stopped smoking approx 70 days ago and still came up positive last night using the test strips that I bought through ebay. I've been smoking for many years and I guess its going to take me several months to clean my system.

3 fingerlid said:
Wow...lucky you. I stopped smoking approx 70 days ago and still came up positive last night using the test strips that I bought through ebay. I've been smoking for many years and I guess its going to take me several months to clean my system.
Chronic users up to three months.
That's no cheating, if you cheat it can set you back to 3 months all over again. How the body processes it for a chronic user compared to a recreational user is different. At least how the doc explained it to me.

Stresdrugtest said:
Just wanted to let all of you know. I PASSED !!!!! Starting Work date: Feb. 28th.

I am so happy for you! I'm glad it all worked out so well and you have the job!

I retired after working quite a few contracts over the years that required a drug test to be considered for contract. I quit smoking for a week prior to each test and I guess I passed each of them, because I never heard any different.

I hated the stress that came with each test. It really made a bad week or two each time.

Now that I'm retired, no one again will ever test me for drugs who can influence my life. My doctor is the only one who tests my urine and blood now and that's only to check the functions of my body. He knows what I put in my body anyway, as we've had that talk.

Congratulations Stresdrugtest!!!! I know you must feel great now!

Latest posts

Back