My personal thx & need of magnifier rec.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, you cut it while budding? Add another 3-5 days on for recovery and take a loss on yield :( Never cut it up during budding. Cutting should all be done in veg and if you have to nor more than the first 2 weeks of flowering (during "the stretch" )

This may be the best most beneficial thing for your situation.. especially until you get your grow in full swing. :aok:

And dang, none of your docs will be on board? Rough :(

Hey doc.

I read that you should put your plants in the dark for 24 hours before pulling them. Also read that you should let the soil dry out. Well, I can't wait any longer - not because of impatience, but because I don't think it's gonna go amber, the trichs I mean.

I had just done the weekly feeding last night and then decided to do some more reading on harvesting since I figured I was another week or so away. People were saying that you should sometimes sample the super small buds toward the middle of the main stem when you're a rookie not knowing when to do the pull. So, I clipped off 3 super small buds near the lower-middle. I put them on a white piece of paper and since they weren't moving with the fan, I was able to take a really good look with my high-powered hand scope. I normally used the not-as-high-powered scope cuz my hands got tremors caused by a prescription med. Was able to use the better one and sure enough, I saw everything that I wasn't seeing with the other one. Not only mostly cloudy, but also some amber in there, and black. Yeah, black.

There wasn't a ton of black heads in there and the whole of the heads were not black, but I saw some black color right at where the stem of the trichome meets the bottom of the head globule. That freaked me out. I woulda pulled it last night, but I knew I had to read up a lot more on harvesting.

I wish I had read up more on harvesting earlier. I would have clipped off some buds a lot earlier (no problems with me smoking some of my own grow for the first time :D and then I coulda noticed the trichs changing without having to worry about shaky hands and moving branches cuz of the fan.

I don't think you were wrong about waiting to pull it. I think it was the fact that I wasn't using the high-powered scope enough. If I had, I would have said that the trichs were cloudy with some amber instead of all clear.

I do have one question (and many more in the future :D - From the pics you posted, it looks like the amber trichomes are mostly clear and starting amber from the bottom, just like how I described the ones with black in them. Well, for some strains, do they just go from clear to amber? Or are they usually supposed to go from clear to cloudy to amber? Cuz it seems that mine pretty much skipped amber. It seems they were clear forever, then went to somewhat cloudy. Actually, I THOUGHT I saw amber, but it could have been light coming off the scope and reflecting off the yellow leaves, and there were very few of them. I'm talking like one or two on any given leaf. But the black ones, actually saw like three or four on one leaf - and this was a leaf near the bottom of the plant.

I gotta pay a lot more attention. I figured once I learned you're not supposed to water so much and not supposed to feed so much, I didn't have to check on them every day. Of course I wanted to anyway, but sometimes it didn't bother me to leave them unchecked for two or three days. They were on a timed surge protector anyway. But now I realize that too much love means over-watering and over-feeding and not enough love means assuming they are doing fine and letting them be. I dunno :)

nice looking plant man. i learned the hard way to much love is to much. like you said to much water, to much food, and everything else in between. i still like to check everyday but i stick my finger in the soil to see it i need to water or not, and learned not to feed every time i watered either. good luck with your grows. peace

Latest posts

Back