extreme newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac28

Reaction score
I'm just learning all this stuff about my favorite thing on earth. I have a Aero Garden that I'm using to grow my stuff. I grew a bunch of herbs commonly used in Italian dishes that grew to over 18 inches tall in less than 2 months, so I figured why not mary jane? Now my babies are growing and I realized that I've heard of male and female plants and that they are supposed to be seperated, so I started doing a lot of research and have figured out how to do everything for the most part. I figured being on here and having so much experience in my corner would help me turn a 100% profit and maybe become somewhat reputable. I've been growing my little buds for 10 days and they are 7-8 inches tall. 3 are longer and lankier than the other three which are slow to grow and short and stocky. I'm using the nutrients that came with my Aeroponic system. Soon I will not be able to tell people that its mint and I will have to hide it. Any ideas on how to do that would be great. I have under cabinet space and could use a closet maybe. I'm actually high right now and need to get off of here. I hope that was enough. I've never blogged anything anywhere before. I don't know if this even qualifies as a blog.....

Welcome to MP Mac28. This is a great place to learn/share your knowledge of growing with other growers worldwide. There is a wealth of information to be given and had. I hope you find all that you are looking for in the forums. If not, don't hesitate to ask some questions and they will be answered.

I know next to nothing about Aeroponic systems so I can't really help you there.. I would definitely figure out what you're going to do with the whole setup here pretty quick. A closet would work great. Do you have any mylar to line the walls with? That will help out a lot. What type of lighting are you using? Do you have a fan blowing on the plants? That will help to strengthen the stems and keep them from being lanky. If they are really tall and thin, they are stretching towards the light source so it's too far away from the plants. Also, just a thought, you may not want to be showing that many people.. In my experience, word of mouth seems to get people busted the most. Just be sure of the people that you're associating with.. Ok well I hope this helped at least a little bit. Keep us posted on your progress. You should go to the Grow Journals section and start a thread there so we can follow your progress. Hope to see you around the forums. Take care and be safe.

:welcome: to the great site ...glad to have ya..and have to agree with smokeybear here are the rules I fallow..

1. Dont Tell no one of grow!!!!

2. Dont sell for profit

3. Do your Bragging on here..we love to see them..

Fallow these simple rules and you will be fine..IMO..also keep nose clean and bring no attraction to your grow..and BTW..they dont dmell like "mint"..and will smell the house..so just hideing them wont stop the smell they will produce..Keep reading and doing your research..Good luck 2u..Keep us posted..But most of all KEEP M GREEN:D

An Aerogarden is really not a good thing to grow pot in. Although many people here have started in Aerogardens, I have never seen anyone finish a plant in one. They seem to be okay to clone or get seedlings going, but that is all.

You really need to do some research so you have some idea about the biology of the plant you want to grow. Start with the basics--you are a long ways off from worrying about sexing your plants. Did you just use bagseed?

At 10 days, they should not be nearly that tall--I am assuming that they are stretching for the light. Can you post some pictures?

hello and welcome to MP :48:

good luck with your grow :peace:

Its good to read everything you can about growing, Alot of info on this site, Welcome!

Latest posts

Back