To all the Auto Haters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dr Autoflower you are a wild dude... :doh: and this thread has really made me literally LOL on several occasions... :holysheep:

You gotta be a great auto grower with a name like that.... :rolleyes:

Dr.Autoflower said:
well there hamster i will admit there a lack of potency for many autos But there are potent ones and those are the one i stick up for, All so i think you guys are forgetting the new super autos hazes that can finnally be grown outdoors in non tropical climates that are only 5% ruderalis. just like photos got more potent autos are doing the same. I dont know bout you guys, but im stoned hard on some russian rocket fuel right now,makes me not want to move. this is sum strong nightime dank and i sleep like a baby every night and the high cbd content helps more with anti inflamtion in my back. Mabey im just a really good auto grower and everyone where i live are sh*tty photo growers. All i know is ppl beg me to sell them sum but i dont sell.
Dr If the smoke works for you then that is all that needs to be said. I hve grown and smoked RRF and it is at the top of my favorite autos...good stuff, nice stone. I am sure a lot of peeps wld love it. When I recommend autos it is one of the strains I recommend. But I hve also had the pleasure of smoking some straight fire 12-12 strains. LVPK, Pre 98 Bubba, Larry OG just to name three and they set the bar that all others are judged by me...autos included. That is not me knocking autos just being honest. We are all united in one love for one plant that comes in many many different variations...no need for any hate amongst us. Sorry if some of my posts led you to believe else wise.

I think to those of us that have grown for decades, it is kind of like the difference between instant mashed potatoes and mashed potatoes made from scratch. Sometimes we want something fast and easy, but, given our druthers, we prefer the mashed potatoes made from scratch and just find them better.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Dr Autoflower you are a wild dude... :doh: and this thread has really made me literally LOL on several occasions... :holysheep:

You gotta be a great auto grower with a name like that.... :rolleyes:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSDDus-ZvjA

this MI5 was some of the best weed ive had all year, no joke. tasted amazing, exactly like flinstones grape chewable vitemens and had the perfect day time high. everyone was beging for some who tried it

Dr.Autoflower said:
had the perfect day time high.

I could not have said it better myself... I think autos are great daytime smoke when you have things to do...

but lets be honest a great daytime high is far from a knock out...

I agree with Hamster that auto smoke at best is B+ & Ive run many autos...

but I still continue to run RR almost all the time bc I like her alot for my daytime stash + I have a large veg area... but she in NO WAY compares to any MOMs I have... ;)

I could not have said it better myself... I think autos are great daytime smoke when you have things to do...

but lets be honest a great daytime high is far from a knock out...

I agree with Hamster that auto smoke at best is B+ & Ive run many autos...

but I still continue to run RR almost all the time bc I like her alot for my daytime stash + I have a large veg area... but she in NO WAY compares to any MOMs I have... ;)

RRF is my nighttime smoke and at day 68-72 it gets pretty dam narcotic, more than any photo strain i can buy here....there are grade A autos out there and ive had them but lots are B+, but I wouldnt waste my time with Lowryders or Lowryder crosses, or what i call the 1st and 2nd generation autos. 3rd and 4th generation autos is the only way to go if you wan to to grow em

Mutt said:
I seen that too...got my needle prepd with the honey oil :eek:
eh don't let that clemson fan get your hair riled...it's not his fault It's all that Orange and purple and sitting at a stadium called "death valley" :rofl:
(just picking on ya Spearchucker ;) )

Its only called that cause we slaughter more chickens than KFC. :laugh:

And no rose. My definition of junkie is someone that lets the buzz control their life. They have no control over their addiction.
I find that pathetic. Like an alcoholic needing a drink.
I get a better buzz than them, cause Im not chasing that first high. Cause when I toke, I always get it. Every time.
When I have a streak I smoke daily. I get immune after a week or so and it just becomes like part of the norm. So I dont do that.

Dr.Autoflower said:
RRF is my nighttime smoke and at day 68-72 it gets pretty dam narcotic, more than any photo strain i can buy here....
Eh I love autos :D. I've enjoyed your youtube videos Dr. :cool: But don't be disrespectin THG. I know.... I know ... "You need more light".... :ignore:. Like I said, get over it and play nice.

Just like with the RRF, we all have our own opinions and even those who agree with much of what you say, are still gona disagree with you if you split hairs. I pushed out RRF to about 80% amber and I ended up with what I call daytime chatty weed - certainly not what I'd call "pretty damn narcotic". I've played with ambers all over the spectrum with my autos -from milky to heavy amber trichs. I don't hate on autos at ALL but compared to regular plants, I get 25% the yeild per plant in half the time in the same amount of space so that's 50% less production for the same amount of space/time/energy. It is what it is. I like easy no brainer turn key growing. I'm happy with B+ smoke. I LOVE the no timer or light leak concerns.

I wouldn't knock this auto section. It was pretty cool of them to add it when they did. There are some other forums with active auto sub forums out there. There's gona be some old school growers who are gona piss on your parade no matter where you go. So just relax. Autos are ok and I can tell from your videos that you have a real love for your plants. Keep doing your thing and let the newbs seek you out. You never know who you're impressing. It was Hamster Lewis and JAAM and HIE who impressed me when I was ready for my first grow. Your contribution is valid. Keep it up and keep it fun, ok?:)

to THG: Try Idahoan instant potatos with real butter and a splash of half and half ... :p

OldHippieChick said:
Eh I love autos :D. I've enjoyed your youtube videos Dr. :cool: But don't be disrespectin THG. I know.... I know ... "You need more light".... :ignore:. Like I said, get over it and play nice.

Just like with the RRF, we all have our own opinions and even those who agree with much of what you say, are still gona disagree with you if you split hairs. I pushed out RRF to about 80% amber and I ended up with what I call daytime chatty weed - certainly not what I'd call "pretty damn narcotic". I've played with ambers all over the spectrum with my autos -from milky to heavy amber trichs. I don't hate on autos at ALL but compared to regular plants, I get 25% the yeild per plant in half the time in the same amount of space so that's 50% less production for the same amount of space/time/energy. It is what it is. I like easy no brainer turn key growing. I'm happy with B+ smoke. I LOVE the no timer or light leak concerns.

I wouldn't knock this auto section. It was pretty cool of them to add it when they did. There are some other forums with active auto sub forums out there. There's gona be some old school growers who are gona piss on your parade no matter where you go. So just relax. Autos are ok and I can tell from your videos that you have a real love for your plants. Keep doing your thing and let the newbs seek you out. You never know who you're impressing. It was Hamster Lewis and JAAM and HIE who impressed me when I was ready for my first grow. Your contribution is valid. Keep it up and keep it fun, ok?:)

to THG: Try Idahoan instant potatos with real butter and a splash of half and half ... :p

:yeahthat:

And I can only elaberate on my own findings....I can see a place for them in a small area..or Like mutt had said outdoors..I only been growing a short time and like to experiment on my own....Here in Seattle My regular strains useually dont make it due to rains ....But can see where I can grow a couple crops of autos in a summers time...but I really grow enough to suply me that I dont have to have those..Ives grown a few Autos in past few years and dont "Hate" Autos..I just dont see them fitting in my style of growing....I remember when someone asked about an Auto section being made..and it was..and now "Dr Auto" wants to make His name known:confused: ...Im a gonna stop here as I dont wanna crap in anyones Garden

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Dr.Autoflower said:
RRF is my nighttime smoke and at day 68-72 it gets pretty dam narcotic, more than any photo strain i can buy here....there are grade A autos out there and ive had them but lots are B+, but I wouldnt waste my time with Lowryders or Lowryder crosses, or what i call the 1st and 2nd generation autos. 3rd and 4th generation autos is the only way to go if you wan to to grow em

Yet another post where you say "your autos" are better then others "12/12s".... Listen you may grow better weed from autos then you can buy in your area, but that in no way means an auto is better....

It just means A. either someone doesnt know to grow them or B. they dont care to know about anything about the $...

Make up your mind is it daytime smoke or narcotic nightmare smoke bc it cant be both....????

Also BTW the hands down best auto Ive ever run is a Lowryder cross... :doh:

I like all autos....but my Jeep is kinda fun to drive!

I tried...really I did try to resist....sorry! :rofl:

Yet another post where you say "your autos" are better then others "12/12s".... Listen you may grow better weed from autos then you can buy in your area, but that in no way means an auto is better....

It just means A. either someone doesnt know to grow them or B. they dont care to know about anything about the $...

Make up your mind is it daytime smoke or narcotic nightmare smoke bc it cant be both....????

Also BTW the hands down best auto Ive ever run is a Lowryder cross... :doh:
You musta mis read my post. i stated that that MI5 great daytime smoke and RRF is great night time smoke. and ive never said autos are better then photos.....
when i said "lowryder crosses" i ment Lowryder#1. Lots of the 3rd genaration are from lowrder#2. they get more potent as the ruderalis percentage goes down.

4u2sm0ke said:
:yeahthat:

And I can only elaberate on my own findings....I can see a place for them in a small area..or Like mutt had said outdoors..I only been growing a short time and like to experiment on my own....Here in Seattle My regular strains useually dont make it due to rains ....But can see where I can grow a couple crops of autos in a summers time...but I really grow enough to suply me that I dont have to have those..Ives grown a few Autos in past few years and dont "Hate" Autos..I just dont see them fitting in my style of growing....I remember when someone asked about an Auto section being made..and it was..and now "Dr Auto" wants to make His name known:confused: ...Im a gonna stop here as I dont wanna crap in anyones Garden

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Ive already have my name know, that is far from the reason i made this thread. If autos dont suit your growing style then that fine. I actually would never tell some one grow autos if they already have a photo set up going, mabey autos in there veg room but thats about it. Im not retartded guys.....

But i saw a thread with some one asking about growing on there autos on the balcony all year. Which is a perfect way to grow autos and a very popular way in europe. But it seems everyone didnt pay attention to what HIS growing style and focused on y he shouldnt grow them and not even telling him how he is gonna grow year round if he did go with photos. If your gonna give advice about autos in the auto section how about not just focusing on the the bad, is what im getting at in this thread

You guys keep saying theres a small "nich" for autos....Well, balcony growing is one of those "niches"

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think to those of us that have grown for decades, it is kind of like the difference between instant mashed potatoes and mashed potatoes made from scratch. Sometimes we want something fast and easy, but, given our druthers, we prefer the mashed potatoes made from scratch and just find them better.

Well said my dear well said.

Dr.Autoflower said:
Ive already have my name know, that is far from the reason i made this thread. If autos dont suit your growing style then that fine. I actually would never tell some one grow autos if they already have a photo set up going, mabey autos in there veg room but thats about it. Im not retartded guys.....

But i saw a thread with some one asking about growing on there autos on the balcony all year. Which is a perfect way to grow autos and a very popular way in europe. But it seems everyone didnt pay attention to what HIS growing style and focused on y he shouldnt grow them and not even telling him how he is gonna grow year round if he did go with photos. If your gonna give advice about autos in the auto section how about not just focusing on the the bad, is what im getting at in this thread

You guys keep saying theres a small "nich" for autos....Well, balcony growing is one of those "niches"

You are right Dr. I was one of the peeps who jumped in and asked why he didn't just grow 12-12 strains...but it was because his post was confusing if I remember correctly...he said he was growing in tents on a balcony....when really he was growing in lil greenhouses on the balcony. Had I known he meant that I wld hve told him to grow autos as well. I promise you there was no ill will or anything..just a mix up on my part and his I guess..lol Tents and greenhouses are two different animals.

Just checkin out the thread. I never knew a community such as this would have so much disagreement. I mean if you like Autos grow and use Autos. If you like something a little less.....uh...automatic, then get not-autos and have a fun time. I have only grown one Auto. It was when Lowryder was about the most popular if not the only major strain. (Im sure most of use have seen the picture of the lollipop plant growing in a big gulp cup) I put it outside gave er some flowering nutes once july hit and fed like that once a week and she got to be around 5' tall. Unfortunately the sotry end bad because someone found this giant plant sticking out of about 3-4' of thicket and ripper her up. I found out on my way to harvest it. Talk about depression. Moral of the story is...at the end of the day the only thing that matters the most is what you learn. Once you learn it then you can begin to determine further need for knowledge on the subject.

IMO Autos are great for first time growers. Who want a chance to grow and be sucessful without such an easy chance for failure. I mean we all used the T when we were younger, even though now we can hit a ball pitched to us. Or better yet learned how to pitch, but wemust start somewhere.

What I dont like is when someone passes an of these Autos as medical grade or even high grade. Although I have only smoked what I was told was an auto flower strain. Middies is the best slot to file them into. After all they all have a percentage of ruderalis genes. Ruderalis marijuana is known to only be of 0.01% or less THC. So lets say we cross a high THC bearing strain with a Ruderalis, we'll just say a 15% THC with a 0.01% THC. Averaging this would mean at AVERAGE 7.5% THC strain. Thats AVERAGE for optimal growing conditions (such as outdoors in a more equatorial climate, or whatever is best for the strain it was mixed with)

Sorry for the rant but simply put. Everyone has their own cup-o-tea. Why judge em. Just dont pass off Auto bud as high grade because it looks and smells good. After all we will eventually smoke it. :cool:

SPEARCHUCKER said:
Its only called that cause we slaughter more chickens than KFC. :laugh:

uh huh....everyone expects a tiger to slaughter a chicken...but it's something really hard to deal with when a chicken slaughters a tiger...like last year :hitchair::giggle:
I will still pull for clemsuck tho come the season...up until :p
even tho got rules here...they will never know how we roll SC...Get a gamecock in the kitty pen (or vice versa) and all heck breaks loose :p

lol yup this banter was a different side of m.p!
but for me the way to pricey iranian autoflower, would be great out side. they say 4-8 oz / plant outdoors. flower in 50 days do a 10 pack and enjoy, then do 10 more till sept. not bad for the winter & NO bud rot for me. compaired to the a strong kush

As long as they give away free autos when I buy seeds, I'll always toss em in one of my veg spaces.

And Clemson isn't the 'real death valley'. That's a bit further down south in bayou country. :trashtalkinbegins: lol

Latest posts

Back