"Outdoor plant of the year"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Grows!
This is my very first attempt at growing outdoors. So far so good. Feeding nothing but GH 3 part.
I was told numerous times that you cannot grow outdoors with GH, but they look healthy to me.

IMG_4345.JPG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Looking great Hal. Im using GH3 outdoor too. Don't know why people would say you couldn't

i'm laughing at the thought of the newbies or any future readers who don't know NCH.. "first outdoor grow WTH!!"
:D

and i don't know who would say you can't use something outdoor that works indoor.. :huh:
how does that make any sense?

once again, this thread makes me envious ;)
nice job guys
:)

I have seen "the light", or rather "The Sun"
Thanks alot Hick, It's been alot of work to say the least.
Ya Ston, alot of folks in Mendo look down upon GH, not sure why.

Hal, you gonna have naked virgins run through your garden then scrape the hash off of them with a credit card?

Looking AWESOME over there!

Fantastic lookin tree farm there, Hal . . . as one would expect

To clarify, you mean absolutely nuthin' but GH3, not even a cal/mag ??

I just pushed my indoor soil grow a little too hard, increasing ppm from 1100 to 1400 in the fifth week by upping the ratio of micro and boosting cal/mag . . . they choked on it a bit . . . maybe went up too fast?

N-chef has been whispering of pushing the ratio of micro way up, as in like a 0-32-16 for the last 3-4 weeks . . . care to let us in on your secret recipes for different phases of growth ??

Now thats a Back yard. NorCAl:aok:

I want too attend when the virgins run through:D

I'm not interested in any virgins, but, damn, everything you do is amazing, Hal. Sure wish I could grow outside -- envy all over the place -- very nice indeed. Are those plants in "ProMix"? I have never used anything except GH -- afraid to fix what isn't broken. Everything you do seems to turn out amazing -- keep up the stellar work, my man.....

Peace

They still have Virgins nowadays, been so long since I ran across one..lol.

Dan, No sir. I do also feed GH's Calimagic for added Cal/Mag. I also add some Silicate, to help strengthen them up. As they are now flowering, I am adding GH KoolBloom Liquid as the supplement.

Basically, we just dug huge holes about 3 feet deep and filled them with Promix. We are running about 45 dug holes, and the rest are in 200 gallon Smart Pots. We have a 80 plant script, running only 57 plants

It took 5 pallets of promix to fill in everything, thats 150 bags.

Dan. I feed my Indoor 1500-1700 ppm everytime. I only boost the Cal/mag really, feeding that at about 500-550 ppm. I do boost the Micro a little, but not much. The higher ppm's come from either the "grow" during Veg, and the "bllom" during Flower. What ever stage the plants are in, I boost what I think she need, either more N or more P as the case maybe.
Mind you, I am also running elevated CO2 at 1500 ppm and a room temp of 85 degrees.
If I wasn't running CO2, I don't think the plants could take the higher PPM. I am actually pretty sure they could not take the higher ppm's if I wasn't boosting CO2 along with it.

As this was my first outdoor grow, I have learned ALOT and will do things differently...I think. I will probably amend the hols next time with a time relese fert for Veg, so we can just feed Water during Veg, and then do a nuit mix for flower. But, if everything goes well, I might not change anything.

These would be 10-12 footers if not topped 3 times. Growing outdoors is so easy. Mine grow 1.5" per day (45" per month) if I feed. 1'" per day if not. Start my seeds indoors to about 10-12" tall. Have all kinds of sick plant problems. When they hit the sun, all problems seem to go away (amazing!). Have always grown in the dirt - potting soil (moisture control). Don't know why so many peeps seem to grow outdoors in some kind of pot, bag, etc. Anyway, sure is fun and better pics in Oct.
Thanks so much for everyone's help.:icon_smile:

005.JPG

007.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

cool:D . . . hehe . . . this thread is really starting to heat up now !! :joint:

we got 4u2smoke, who is posting utube vids strolling thru his backyard botanical garden of beautiful pot plants growing everywhere . . . . NorCalHal is running out acreage - for the first time, no less !!

we got tcbud, and Irish, nouvellechef and a couple others keeping their cards pretty close to the vest . . . but don't tell me they aint got somethin going on . . .

we got second-year grower ston-loc and also drfting07, who both have some huge satoris growing in 38 gal totes, now also Nico and Newbietoo showing up with some giants !!

and check this out . . . here's a norcal chick who posted a single-entry GJ about a month ago . . . would love to see what hers look like now . . . and she ain't even entered the contest !!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61981

:eek: :holysheep:

NorCalHal said:
Nice Grows!
This is my very first attempt at growing outdoors. So far so good. Feeding nothing but GH 3 part.
I was told numerous times that you cannot grow outdoors with GH, but they look healthy to me.

Holy Crap those look fantastic. How many plants are there. I get nervous with my 10 plants. I would have a heart attack worrying about that many.

Here is my little set up. 10 plants (from clones) in 30 gal. smart pots. Use GH bio bud series, 100% organic grow. Planted WAY to early (4/20). They are budding, but I think there root bound :( The nutes I feed twice a week seem to keep them healthy.

1 - U2 Kush
2 - Headband
2 - AK47
2- Jack Herier
1 - G13
1 - Perma frost
1 - Romulan

IMG_0765.JPG

icefreon said:
Here is my little set up

Very nice garden ya have ther...welcome to the passion....:icon_smile:

Do you allways leave the moister metter in the soil?

4u2sm0ke said:
Very nice garden ya have ther...welcome to the passion....:icon_smile:

Do you allways leave the moister metter in the soil?

Thank you, thank you. Sure I leave it there, why not?

another 10plant/20lb setup . . . WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !! :joint:

:ciao: :welcome: :48:

lol, this thread makes my OD plant's look so not worth it lol

Latest posts

Back