i am at a loss...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a few grows under an 4ft ,8 tube T5. 40,000 lumens. I used 6500k for Vegg and then 2700k for Flower,never had an issue. I did mix the 6500 and 2700 once in Flower and really didnt see that it helped any.

yeah. i think this particular plant is special. i am not saying anything against this strain. i think this is an anamoly. i have seen pics of really nice buckeye purples. i think i just got a 'problem child' version but i am hopeful that it will be an over-acheiver like a lot of problem children turn out to be...

i think this particular plant is special. i am not saying anything against this strain. i think this is an anomaly.

Yeah, I've had mutants before that didn't want to work with me. I had a Purple Haze once, that would NOT right itself. I got it to about 8" but every leaf looked like bugs destroyed this plant, but I had 0 bugs. I ended up killing it off. I also had a plant that ran decent as seed, and every time I cloned it, it got crazier and crazier till eventually it was only a whisper of what it used to be after 3 times running it. I should've stopped after the second time.....oh well

Wishing you luck, but who knows what happens. :aok:

Yeah, I've had mutants before that didn't want to work with me. I had a Purple Haze once, that would NOT right itself. I got it to about 8" but every leaf looked like bugs destroyed this plant, but I had 0 bugs. I ended up killing it off. I also had a plant that ran decent as seed, and every time I cloned it, it got crazier and crazier till eventually it was only a whisper of what it used to be after 3 times running it. I should've stopped after the second time.....oh well

Wishing you luck, but who knows what happens. :aok:

drift?

so the mystery may be becoming more clear. i have always vegged with 10000 kelvin t5's. my plants are always squat and have pretty nice thick stems. someone on another site said that 10000 kelvin ins for aquariums which i was aware of but also said that water helps to filter out or dampen down some of the 'hotter' wavelengths and that maybe this plant is just more susceptable to the hotter wavelengths. that kind of makes sense since i changed to more 10000 kelvin bulbs and moved her higher up in the tent so be closer to the lamps before i left for work on sunday. she was getting to look pretty decent before i did that and had only recently put her back in the tent. she was looking more happy under some 6500 kelvin cfl's. i am going to go grab some 6500 kelvin t5's today and give them a try. i also had her on the same watering schedule as the super buckeye mutant boys i had. they drank like irish sailors so maybe i was drowning her as well. i hope that these are the reasons for my failure. it would be a good thing for me to know.

you described genetic drift?

Hmm I must have? Is that what it is? Hah, I just know I cloned it.. it wasn't what the original was at all and it was grown under the exact same conditions as its mother, same nutes, same everything. Then, I took it a step further, after that, and cloned that (like I normally do anyways.. I do not keep moms) and the second cloning (3rd run including seed run) it was sooooo far from what it used to be. All fan leaves were 3 leaf only.. none had 5. It was gnarly twisted and the buds were SOOOOO fluffy!

Hmm I must have? Is that what it is? Hah, I just know I cloned it.. it wasn't what the original was at all and it was grown under the exact same conditions as its mother, same nutes, same everything. Then, I took it a step further, after that, and cloned that (like I normally do anyways.. I do not keep moms) and the second cloning (3rd run including seed run) it was sooooo far from what it used to be. All fan leaves were 3 leaf only.. none had 5. It was gnarly twisted and the buds were SOOOOO fluffy!

and I thought drift is a myth. :48:

imo---i would cut off all the unsightly/unhealthy dying leaves and thin her out a bit---looks like you over fed her as the new growth is burning---just plain water for a couple weeks---it's not going to bounce back over night---and/or---you might consider transplanting into a fresh not so hot mix right out of the bag---no amendments---follow mels advice

Put that girl into be flowered, if the changes in nutes don't fix her, she's taking up space. I had some bad plants, tossed em into flower and things started turning around. Don't scrap a girl till she's seen the lights, and you know shes a loser for sure.

Pull her outta that soil and wash off her roots and put her in fresh soil,,maybe that would help,,our a good Flushing. She looks burnt up. Cant see how it could hurt at this point.

thanks. i guess i need to do something other than watering her and hoping, huh? lol. sorry. i am being lazy and needy... transplanting today for sure.

Make sure ya soak the roots and get as much of the old soil out as ya can. Ive done this before to go from soil to DWC,,and it worked just fine. So im sure ya can put her in freash soil.

i massaged as much of the soil out of the root ball as i could. time will tell. in the mean time, i am prolly gonna start a few seeds up. my clones look just as sad as this one does...

i have an la woman feminized and a sour kush feminized seed that are getting old so i think i might sprout them...

just when i was about to give up on a decorative house plant, after i had transplanted fed and sprayed her with no success, i decided to give it a shot and flush the hell out of it, and i had added quite some perlite and grorock to the mix so i just flooded the pot 4x with 3 gallons each time and let it drain, i would empty a lot of water in one time creating pressure to push old water from the drains. the good news is that the plant is finally picking up, as it seems it was too hot soil for a low feeding house plant

mel had told me that the purple was a light feeder. i went light with my nutes but i am thinking i may have not gone light enough. i have seen other people grow these and have beautiful results. i am a noob and i thing i screwed it up but good. now that she is in some fresh soil, i am going to wait until she looks hungry before i do anything. this is probably an easy strain to grow. i just made it more complicated than it needed to be. i am really good at making poor decisions in life as well as growing cannabis. i think i made the exact wrong decision at every juncture. i once had a cactus that i ignored for years. it survived in spite of my neglect. it started to get big and i started to like it. so i took 'care' of it. within a couple of months it fell over dead. poor thing. i killed it with love...

don't beat yourself up oldfogey---we wouldn't learn anything if we didn't make mistakes---making the same ones over again is where one might consider a less costly hobby---she'll pull thru just fine

Latest posts

Back