Advice needed (1st hydrogrow ever)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackal

Reaction score
Hi to all, i would like some advice/help from you to start my 1st ever hydroponic cannavis growing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, i have to tell you that i would like to do.

Buying a growbox to set up an hydroponic soil-less grow with autoflowering and feminized seeds.
With 4 pots (same as the photos) and clay pebblets for medium.

aquafarm - Αντίγραφο.JPG aquafarm.JPG

which every starting pot would get in to the growbox every 2 weeks,
so after 2 months get the 1st harvest and put a new seed to grow in his place,
and after 2 weeks get the 2nd harvest and put a new seed to grow in his place, and so on...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is my dilemma that i have stuck and need some de-confusing from you guys,
because i dont know how much space does the roots of an auto flowering seed need to grow normality.

As you see in photos, there are 2 different sized pots to choose.
Smaller pot, who is 30cm x 30cm x 38cm external height, but 18cm internal height (roots grow space)
Bigger pot, who is 45cm x 45cm x 43cm external height, but 22cm internal height (roots grow space)

a) If the roots of an autoflowering seed can grow in normality in the smaller pots,
then i must buy the smaller growbox : 80cm x 80cm x 160cm (fits 4 smaller pots)

b) If the roots of an autoflowering seed needs more space for his roots,
then i must buy the bigger growbox : 100cm x 100cm x 200cm (fits 4 bigger pots)

Which solution do you suggest me to get best/bigger buds ?

As for the light, i am thinking to get one 600W HPS, in any solution i will follow,
am i right or wrong ?

Thanks for your time and your help

The bigger the root mass the bigger the plant can grow I would go with the bigger grow boxes. Also after growing auto's a time or 2 you will want to start growing photo plants(reg seeds) because yiou'll find out you want a stronger strain of mj

600 watt lights are always a good choice

What growbox are you looking at? Most of them are horribly overpriced and overhyped. I have learned from others that the deeper the pot when growing autos the better.

Why have you decided on autos? If you are wanting to do a perpetual harvest, you could run clones and not have to buy seeds every grow. As a bonus, you would have better more potent bud in about the same time.

A 600W is a good size for a 100x 100 cm space. You will need ventilation also. Have you grown hydro before? You will need something to measure ppms and a pH meter and calibration fluids.

ozzydiodude said:
Also after growing auto's a time or 2 you will want to start growing photo plants(reg seeds) because yiou'll find out you want a stronger strain of mj
Thanks, but why you say that ?
Of caurse and i want the strongers weeds,

The power of a weed depends if the seeds was regular, auto, or fems ?

I didnt knew that, (if i understood right)
i thought that the autos are for faster flowering,
and the fems are grow for sure females,
but i didnt knew that it was had to do and with the power...

In other words, you suggest me to begin with reg seeds ?

Thanks,

The Hemp Goddess said:
What growbox are you looking at? Most of them are horribly overpriced and overhyped.

82821fe7d0cfc23bed517bb81d3e574e_L.jpg 100x100x200cm in 160euros, is it overpriced ? (what is mean overhypted ?)

The Hemp Goddess said:
Why have you decided on autos?
For continous harvest (every 2 weeks), for very small place in my home,
and less worries, but now....i dont know....

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you are wanting to do a perpetual harvest, you could run clones and not have to buy seeds every grow. As a bonus, you would have better more potent bud in about the same time.
i didnt knew that there is difference in the power/potency between the kind of seeds

The Hemp Goddess said:
Have you grown hydro before?
Nevah
The Hemp Goddess said:
You will need ventilation also. You will need something to measure ppms and a pH meter and calibration fluids.
Yes, i have read for the rest of equipment...

jackal said:

The quality of the bud depends on the strain and whether it is an auto or not. All autos are 1/2 Ruderalis. You might want to read up on the different types of cannabis and decide what you really want to grow.

I misunderstood what you were talking about. That is a tent. The term Grow Box is generally use for self contained boxes that come totally equipped and are usually overpriced. What have you got for ventilation? Be sure and get an air coolable hood when you buy a light.

jackal said:

I think you have seed type confused with seed strain.

The 3 types of seeds
Regular seeds you have a 50/50 chance of male/female plant
coming from each seed
Fems(feminized) seeds you have a 99% chance of female plant from the seed
Auto seeds are a cross of a Ruderalis(weak low thc family group of marijuana) with either a Sativa or Indica(strong high thc family group of marijuana)

The auto's are getting better but they are not as strong as the Regs or fems.

I would either start with a regular seed or fems Seed it will take a little longer to harvest but you can clone from them and have a continuous harvest be fore you know it.

ozzydiodude said:
I would either start with a regular seed or fems Seed it will take a little longer to harvest but you can clone from them and have a continuous harvest be fore you know it.

I readed these days about SOG method, clonings, cuttings,
and its more close to what i want...
and no need to buy seeds again and again

I m thinking to set up the small box ( sorry...tent) 80x80x160cm,
and put in 4 small pots. (after germinate and grow)

But i am wondering,
is 600W HPS too much for the smaller box (80x80x160cm) ?
or it is good because of the more lumens=> better flowering than a 400W HPS ?

And as for the seeds, i dont care what is easier to grow,
i only care about power and potency, regs or fems ? as for strain, any powerfull indica...

Thans you all
I m going to continue reading now...:hubba:

(The topic has change from auto flowering to SOG, if you want to open it in new subcategory, tell me)

Latest posts

Back