Two grow rooms, HPS/MH/CFL question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sap_boy

Reaction score
So i've decided to have two grow areas, one for veg and one for flower. I don't plan on growing more than six plants in each space, and I have a few questions:

1. Are flourescent tubes or CFLs really good enough for clones/seedlings/veg growth, or should I spring for the MH?

2. If I use a 250W MH in the veg and a 250W HPS in the flower, will this be enough for the number of plants I plan to grow?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

sap_boy said:
So i've decided to have two grow areas, one for veg and one for flower. I don't plan on growing more than six plants in each space, and I have a few questions:

1. Are flourescent tubes or CFLs really good enough for clones/seedlings/veg growth, or should I spring for the MH?

2. If I use a 250W MH in the veg and a 250W HPS in the flower, will this be enough for the number of plants I plan to grow?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1. Yes

2. Number of plants doesnt mean much, how big is the flower area?

"Yes" CFLs are good enough, or "Yes" I should spring for a 250 MH?

Both grow areas are closets, so I'd say 10 sq ft each. however, I won't be filling the ENTIRE closet with plants, so I'd say 6 sq ft (one sq ft per plant).

I say that the flouros work excellent for your clones/seedlings/veg growth. Alot of people here use them for those stages. So yes they will work. I myself only use flouros for the 1st 2 weeks of growth and then I use my 250w mh for the rest of my veg cycle. But remember the more light the bigger stronger the plant will be. If money isnt an issue I would spring for the mh for your veg.
As far as your growing space and the 250w hps I mite get a 400w for the space. I have a 12 sq. ft closet and I use a 1000w hps on my 6 plants. Check this link out it mite help you a little more. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12945

Latest posts

Back