would u feed? 9th wk of flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless999

Reaction score
I didn't feed on the 8th wk. This is in ffof soil with their trio nutes. This is bagseed and at 8wks into flower the trichomes were cloudy and clear and no amber. They look indica dom with short fat leaves.
Would u feed? Of course I will check the trich before I water. If I see amber ill prob harvest or just water and wait a few more days? How quickly do the trichomes start going amber after a few are visible?might be too many variables to tell huh

Hi R999...

Imho you're probably now entering or will soon be entering a 2 week harvest window depending on your tastes. Some strains take longer but usually from the time I start to see maybe 5% amber it usually takes a couple more weeks until they are closer to 35-45% amber which is what I prefer with most strains... If you don't see any amber yet you could get back to light feeds until they start to turn more and then flush for a week longer and you should arrive close to your desired ripeness. With some strains it takes longer for the trichs to turn...:confused2:

Peace!:cool:

If it's Indica dom, you should see some amber soon. From what I understand and am currently growing, Sativas don't amber up as much.

The "to feed and flush before harvest or not to feed" is a hot topic here. We have pretty much the same setup-FF soil, their 3 nutes-but my bagseed turned out to be Sativa.

My 1st grow was White Widow and I stopped nutes 2 weeks before harvest (around week 8) and flushed. It's completely cured now and it tastes good-very smooth.

This, my 2nd grow, I'm trying StoneyBud's method of using nutes and watering right up until I harvest. I'll post a smoke report but it'll be too late to help you.

The Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil is so rich, you can probably get away with stopping your nutes now, as you're so close to harvest. BUT, I am coming to believe that your buds will be bigger and tighter if you use the FF trio right up until harvest. I don't have any experience with how it affects taste yet. Clear as mud?!?! :stoned:

I'm sure you'll be fine whether you feed in these last 2 weeks or not. Let us know how it turns out.

AG

Harvest is probably right around the corner.... How does the plant look? Is she hungry? I would take a sample bud now and a a few later down the road to see when you like your bud harvested because everyone's personal preferences are different.

Latest posts

Back