Tent Growers Club....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys run surge protectors? Is it ok to run 600w ballast on an apollo 14 timed power strip? Could I plug that into a surge protector? Figure this is a good place to ask. I need to go through my apt. And see what plugs are on what circuits. Sucks trying to keep amperage down. Better safe then sorry. Also what do you use for hot strike or restrike prevention?

Do you guys run surge protectors? Is it ok to run 600w ballast on an apollo 14 timed power strip? Could I plug that into a surge protector? Figure this is a good place to ask. I need to go through my apt. And see what plugs are on what circuits. Sucks trying to keep amperage down. Better safe then sorry. Also what do you use for hot strike or restrike prevention?

You might want to ask this in a thread in the indoor section. You will get more replies. I don't use a surge protector.

You can run everything BUT the lights on protectors. HID lighting nine of ten times states this in the user manual.

You can run everything BUT the lights on protectors. HID lighting nine of ten times states this in the user manual.

I have gavita lighting they come with a folded page with some tech stuff nothing about surge protectors. Out of curiosity why would they say not to use on surge protector?

So while I've been watching my plants grow I've been thinking about Spider Mites and Mildew. I'm sure I have to much time on my hands.

Having never grown before I'm wondering about preventable measures. I monitor the tents environment at least twice a day. My relative humidity runs between 30 to 42 percent and temps from about 70 to 82 degrees, it has on a couple of times spiked as high as 84 degrees but I've since learned how to adjust exhaust fan speed to keep it in the low 80's, but mostly now in the upper 70's.

So with those numbers should I be concerned about the formation of mildew? It's a fairly small tent, 32" x 32" and I'm exchanging air at least 3 to 4 times an hour.

Spider Mites, what can I do to prevent them? I feel like where I'm growing I shouldn't be too concerned, but in reality I haven't a clue.

Thanks

Keep up on environment. Bugs can't see healthy plants. They have radar for sick or stressed plants. Keep rh up temps lower. Get a few preventative measures like a neem oil. Sourced from India best. All neem is not equal. Get some Azomax. Use them 1x every 10 days or so. Keep air circulation and wind up a little. In flower use predator mites to kill em. Been plants that are new dunk em in it. They come in on plants equipment clothes pets and intakes. Treat and sequester new clones/plants.

waiting to show my tent as i;m in the middle of redoing my back 2 bedrooms,, mutlifarious,, thats n awesome setup U got there.
a happy high to all

just a question for all you tent growers working in a 4x4 I have a can 33 carbon filter hooked up in my 4x4 and everything seems to be working quite well so far. Smell is very important to me on this run just because of my location I need to be very low key do you think this carbon filter will suffice or do I need to step it up to maybe a can 50? All the help would be greatly appreciated because this is my first run in a tent so thanks.

Asking for advice on ducting. Does this sound like correct way to do this.

INTAKE
8" fan to 8" - 10" reducer - 10" ducting into bottom of tent - to 10" duct T - then using the ducting and elbows around 3x3 flood tray back to Ducting T. Putting LOTS of holes around ducting to shoot air in different directions.

VENTING FOR LIGHTS
8" fan on floor to 8" - 6" reducer - elbow up to light intake port - elbow - ducting into tent - plasma - other plasma- point exhaust to opposite side tent of exhaust filter.

EXHAUST
8" carbon filter - 8"/10" reducer - 10" ducting out of tent - elbow down - ducting - elbow on floor - 10" fan.

I've already got T, reducers and elbows. All fans have speed controllers Matched to fans.

Does this sound like a good lay out?

Would like advice on what ducting to use.
Level of light proofing, sound (if ducting types helps or hurts), air flow and price are important to me. I don't want fiber glass or ducting with lots of pin holes for light leaks as last ducting I used had.

Asking for advice on ducting. Does this sound like correct way to do this.

INTAKE
8" fan to 8" - 10" reducer - 10" ducting into bottom of tent - to 10" duct T - then using the ducting and elbows around 3x3 flood tray back to Ducting T. Putting LOTS of holes around ducting to shoot air in different directions.

VENTING FOR LIGHTS
8" fan on floor to 8" - 6" reducer - elbow up to light intake port - elbow - ducting into tent - plasma - other plasma- point exhaust to opposite side tent of exhaust filter.

EXHAUST
8" carbon filter - 8"/10" reducer - 10" ducting out of tent - elbow down - ducting - elbow on floor - 10" fan.

I've already got T, reducers and elbows. All fans have speed controllers Matched to fans.

Does this sound like a good lay out?

Would like advice on what ducting to use.
Level of light proofing, sound (if ducting types helps or hurts), air flow and price are important to me. I don't want fiber glass or ducting with lots of pin holes for light leaks as last ducting I used had.

Did you already buy it all. If not a 6 inch exhaust with passive intake will do. Jmo.

I know it's all overkill but fans all have controllers. This stuff will be going back to a room when I have one available. Also after I get the hang of the relationship between lights, co2 (not planning on enriching), nutrients and temperatures/Rh, airflow & strain(s) I want to run 1500 Watts. Taking it easy just using the Gavita pro 600(e) or 750(e) and 2 plasmas over 3x3 tray. I am torn on the lights. I really want the 750(e) fixtures. I will be going for a 3.5' x 3.5' canopy. If you can call that taking it easy.

You are right. I am doing first build for 900 Watts over 3.5 x 3.5 66% hps & 33% plasma. Next go around or 3 will try 5x5 with 1500w 80% hps rest plasma or 5x5 with 1800w 66% hps 33% plasma. I guess I am over thinking it. As far as passive intakes may not be able to. If I can then 10" fan w/ 8" filter on controller. If not then have to use intake and ducting. I will have excess anyways. I also have to duct plasmas. I am jumping the gun thinking I need 700-800 cfm right now. That's few runs away. Need to worry about what I got going now. That is 2 plasma and either a gavita 600 or 750.

wondering if anyone has used any of those Prefabicated grow tentsnn what do u think of them,, they look like they wouldn't b able to hold a grow light. anyway my arthritus,, is getting so bad i'm having problems using tools.

My tent holds a huge 8x39" carbon filter. 2 plasmas and 600w fixture no problem.

Hey if your not afraid to spend some money get a green cube or gorilla or jarden. Cheap tents should be ok for veg defiantly want better one for flower.

Latest posts

Back