easyryder and russian rocket fuel grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk

Reaction score
so im back after a long hiatus. this time im growing 4 easyryders and 2 russian rocket fuels.

im growing in a secret jardin dr100 3.3ftx3.3ftx6.6ft and ill be using a 400 watt mh and 600 watt hps for flower in a cooltube on 20/4. might add some t5s for sidelights too.

im using gh 3 part flora for nutes.

i had some problems with a delivery and had to change soil plans just before starting. but it seems to be going well so far.

the easyryders are in 5 gallon buckets with:
1/4 biobizz all mix
1/4 perlite
1/4 coco block
1/4 multi compost
and some garden lime as the multipurpose is around 5.6.

the rrfs are in 10l airpots. one is in the multi compost with added perlite and lime the other is in a separate multi compost with lime and no perlite. had to replant and couldnt find any good soil/ perlite anywhere in my town/city.

the larger rrf is 10 days ahead of the rest then one or two stragglers a few days behind them but no large gap so ill count them by the youngest plant.
i had one more rrf but it shrivelled and died im assuming from nute burn.

all seeds planted into final containers

the most recent shots are from yesterday which is day 20 for the largest rrf and around 10 for the rest.

Untitled-5.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

birth.jpg

birth-2.jpg

IMG_5503.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

hey great to see you back growing again bogart nice set up i my self started a nother grow back in Jan feels great to watch them grow and blossem befor your eyes.im gonna try and get some more pics up in next couple days anyway looking good so far

hey risktaker,
cheers, yeh i miss it when im not its got me thinking of keeping a stealthy bonsai photo mother somewhere but this house isnt really suited for it.
glad to see you didnt get in too much trouble, hopefully no more jailbreaks near your new place :hubba:.

couldnt see your thread there ill have a look in when i sober up and find it anyway.

got bored at 5 am and did some diy, put up some t5 24watt ho bulbs up on each corner pole. 2 6500k 2 2700k for some mixed spectrum. i can daisy chain more underneath them if they need it later but i doubt it.

the corners work really well as reflectors.
not really needed now but theyll be handy when theyre a bit taller.

q1.jpg

q2.jpg

Nice Pic of the Little white hairs on the stem,,very cool.

cheers :aok: , yeh it needs a shave.
got a manual focus on the digicam i use you have to fiddle with it but it comes out with nice macro'ish shots.

all looking good, gave the rrf a 2/3rd strength feed dunk. i think the ph is around 7 in that soil so gonna bring it down a little next few feedings.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1b.jpg

Untitled-2d.jpg

Untitled-2e.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Untitled-2c.jpg

Untitled-2b.jpg

Hey BMT, looking good brosef. RRF is a name I remember well. Pretty good smoke, and pretty easy to grow. Green Mojo.

cheers hamster, yeh this is basically a carbon copy of my first grow but much more space and light, using up my last seeds of each.
i took the rrf too early last time and fancied giving it another shot.

mojo much appreciated :aok:

ah not much reason to it atall spreads out water a bit as you feed and not so much soil rises up during watering, keeps topsoil a bit moister and its just a bit cleaner looking. no need for it but doubt itll do any harm. id use hydroton if i had some

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
ah not much reason to it atall spreads out water a bit as you feed and not so much soil rises up during watering, keeps topsoil a bit moister and its just a bit cleaner looking. no need for it but doubt itll do any harm.

Smart ;)

BWD

cheers bwd, just saw someone doing it somewhere and it looked purrty.

the rrf is putting out alot of sidebranches and gaining some height, starting to stink too not much so far. seeing some 9 fingered leaves think ive only ever had 7 before. exotic...

the easy ryders are starting to take off but slow enough still, seeing some pistles on one or two so far. more girls. seems like i may have stunted the replacement rrf, either by stress transplanting or the crappy soil it is in. maybe not but seems very slow. worst case ill make runtbutter :hubba:

a.jpg

a1.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

think ive spotted the starts of a hermi flower :angrywife:
hopefully im wrong, it was the first pistle that showed on the rrf now it looks like it is growing bananas out the top. any thoughts? ive only had one hermi much later in flower but this looks pretty similar to me.

daddw.jpg

got a little stretch in the rrf but its grown close enough to the light so should stop itself soon, ill switch to the hps when i see some proper budding starting anyway.
getting stinky, musty goodness :smokeit:

the runt rrf i had kinda given up on, no growth and it had started yellowing so i just left it in the bathroom i water in with the light off for a night and its grown more than in the last week or so and actually gotten greener except for the new growth. maybe it was just fixing root problems i caused from transplanting or the shitty soil, not sure what to do now might still kill it or just shove it in the corner of the tent and see how it ends up.

ive seen a few little black flies (looked like fruit flies to me) in the tent not consistently but i was worried it might be from that soil too so it might still get the chop or just leave it on my desk or something.

ers are all doing well and growing fast.

no lst this run really ive just been tucking fans under new shoots etc i have the height to spare and sidelighting if needed (i have around 30 or those striplights so i could totally surround them if needed).
gotta make a new support for them as theyre starting to encroach on eachother.

mpagroup.jpg

mpbrrf.jpg

mpcrrf.jpg

mper1.jpg

mper2.jpg

mper3.jpg

mper4.jpg

mprrf3.jpg

mprrf3b.jpg

Bogart Mc Thunderdunk said:
ah not much reason to it atall spreads out water a bit as you feed and not so much soil rises up during watering, keeps topsoil a bit moister and its just a bit cleaner looking. no need for it but doubt itll do any harm. id use hydroton if i had some

actually its doing more then that for u, rocks on top of soil act as a mulch the water going over it makes minerals leak out of the pours on the rocks and this add more nutrients to your soil :)

SuperCanadianFatman said:
actually its doing more then that for u, rocks on top of soil act as a mulch the water going over it makes minerals leak out of the pours on the rocks and this add more nutrients to your soil :)

awesome, go me!
was thinking they might affect ph or something but wasnt sure.

Latest posts

Back