Lyfespan's t-5 show

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyfespan

Reaction score
Hello all, i have been smoking for 30 plus years got more than a few outdoor grows in, but only took things indoors now that i got legal last year.

That being said, first indoor grow had to budget, im starting out with 1
6 lamp F54T5 high output fixture, with 5000k lamps, the fixture is putting off 27,000 lumens.

seeds i have to start with are nothing fancy, i have 5 black dominca, 2 og kush, a plant from the only seed, from a bagseed(could be kush, blue dream, or sour diesel) plant i grew last year, and a frankenstein plant it looks so fucked upped but it keeps on growing so i let it.

View attachment b.jpg

Hey how's it going. . Glad you came here to grow. . Wht kind of soil and nutes are you using?

Hey how's it going. . Glad you came here to grow. . Wht kind of soil and nutes are you using?

its growing real well, lol.

i have the larger 5 plants in 3 gallon smart pots, filled FFHF, with extra bone meal, blood meal, vermiculite, and perlite, those are getting a new top secret mega dosed fertilizer program. im putting so much waiting to see if i can burn these things and all im seeing is leaves so dark green they look black.

i have 3 black dominca in the 3 smaller jiffy pots on the 1 gallon buckets in the same soil, but all 3 of those are an experiment for another new MJ product that may, or may not be released upon trials. The test subject is on the left, its getting a concentrated kelp and hormone(the new product, hence "test subject). The other two are getting the traditional GH trio along with diamond nectar, floralicious plus is on the way.

then there's the crazy assed looking plant, Frankenstein im calling her, its not bugs, i have scoped the entire plant. All i can think is that the seed had some defect? or something. All i know is its has the biggest roots i've seen on a plant that size. i just transplanted it into that cut gallon jug only a few days ago, and i see roots up against the plastic already.

happy you all stopped in.

I'm licking them smart pots aswell, I have autos in mine. . And I too have a Frankenstein of a plant. . She's also the most bushy. . JusBlaze

View attachment image_7.jpg

just an update for today, its crazy how fast the lil ones are growing after the transplant.

oh and yes i just took milk crates and screwed the light fixture to them with some drywall fine thread screws, spray painted the box it came in flat white, cut two sides and presto. Ill have my poly room up in a week or so, dont need it taking up space right now.

Lol los like Wht mine was doing. . Check out my grow journalour my post in plant problems I think. . I think it's jus genitics

Having a lil trouble with pics but things are going great

If I were you, I would be for getting that T5 right on top of the plants. One of the beautiful things about T5s is that you an get the plants so close and that it distributes the light so evenly. I would raise the plants up until they were about 2-4"" away from the light.

The Frankie plant looks like it has some issues, nute or pH wise. I don't think this is just a weird seed, something not good is happening. Where did you get the seeds? What strain is it?

PS--LOL--If you can turn the pics oriented correctly, it makes them so much easier for old ladies to look at.

If I were you, I would be for getting that T5 right on top of the plants. One of the beautiful things about T5s is that you an get the plants so close and that it distributes the light so evenly. I would raise the plants up until they were about 2-4"" away from the light.

The Frankie plant looks like it has some issues, nute or pH wise. I don't think this is just a weird seed, something not good is happening. Where did you get the seeds? What strain is it?

PS--LOL--If you can turn the pics oriented correctly, it makes them so much easier for old ladies to look at.

I have the fixture as low as I can get it without burning the leaves, I actually had a lil burning going on with the littler plants. I'm getting 2 more fixtures latter, both will be 8 lamp high output T-5.

My Frankie came from an old bag seed, it has gotten the same treatment as the rest of the older plants, it grew that way from day one. Even the cotyloens were messed up. I have no idea what strain it is, but probably a musk of some kind, we have tons of that around here.

Not to be "that" guy but there's no cursing here at MP.

Green mojo for your grow, bud. :)

Not to be "that" guy but there's no cursing here at MP.

Green mojo for your grow, bud. :)

Got it, I asked if there were any rules people always break often. That might have been one to ask about, each forum is different.

No being overly expressive, got it

I don't see any sign of burn? I can't imagine how you are getting burn....what are your temps at the canopy? I keep my T5 within an inch or two of the bulbs and do not get burn unless the plant actually grows into the bulb. Everyone I know that uses T5s keep them within inches, too. Makes me think there is something else going on here. T5s are really meant to be kept really close. You lose a ton of lumens when they are as far away as you have them. Probably a contributing factor to the stretch.

Be careful growing bagseed, especially when it is as morphy as that one is looking. What is musk? I have never heard of it.

I don't see any sign of burn? I can't imagine how you are getting burn....what are your temps at the canopy? I keep my T5 within an inch or two of the bulbs and do not get burn unless the plant actually grows into the bulb. Everyone I know that uses T5s keep them within inches, too. Makes me think there is something else going on here. T5s are really meant to be kept really close. You lose a ton of lumens when they are as far away as you have them. Probably a contributing factor to the stretch.

Be careful growing bagseed, especially when it is as morphy as that one is looking. What is musk? I have never heard of it.

The burn occurred on the lil black domina control subject A, the lil one in the middle. Burned the tips of the new growth and on the fan leaves. I don't know what type of T-5 everyone else is using but temps in the canopy are about 84 degrees when 6 inches away from the lights, and 95 on the lights. My light fixture is a high bay fixture 54 watts per tube, 6 tubes at 27,000 lumens for 8 square feet.Plants are healthy other than that. The stretch couldn't be from being a saliva hybrid, or the fact that I sprouted these before I had a light and they were starving outdoors their first week after germination?

I meant to type Kush, and I'm ok with seeing where a bagseed takes me.

View attachment image.jpg

This grow has taken off, I just raised my lights not 2 days ago cuz the plants were getting burned a lil so I raised them 4 inches. I get home yesterday and the dam black domina A shot up 6 inches and was in the light:) I couldn't believe it. So I now have the light temporarily hung, till I get my poly and setup a dedicated area.

View attachment image.jpg

Latest posts

Back